• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OriginalTibia 8.0 - discussion thread.

@Batiizado

@others who suggested stages:
10x does not work with high loot/regenation, if we keep them low, the 10x straight works.
This will ofcourse be looked into more carefully.

Fribben.

Don't really agree with this point. I think a 10x experience rate works fine with a "higher" lootrate. Some people want to become a high level, some just want to obtain a character just to war with. If it's hard for the last group to obtain loot for their war supplies, they might quit earlier. With this I don't want to say that you have to put a lootrate of 5x or higher, but more in a way of 2 - 3x (when you are still about to use my monsterpack).

It works, but too high lootrate will not make the server longtermed and it will make the server too highrated.

Thank you for wanting to contribute with the monsters, however we will not be using your monster package, we will be using our own.

Fribbben.

Fribben do what yo want,
we appreciate that yo even host the server.

8-20 13x
20-40 10x
40-60 9x
60-80 7x
80-90 5x
90-100 4x
100-120 3x
120-200 2x

Lootrate 2x

denna exp stage passar bra för en långvarig ot.

jalla friiiibiiishh driverruuueller, dra upp den wiperdalaj

Due to player's request of launching the server as fast as possible we have set an estimated opening date. The ETA is set to 2 weeks.

daraframe.png

Current rates (can be changed).
Exp: 10x (static)
Regenation: 2x

Fribben.

awesome start fribben, 1 week after holidays, your servers are good but u need to use brain before start dont be mad cuz it actually true bb

Well I'm out if this will be the rates.. If the regeneration is what you think is going to keep the server from getting out of hand, then you need to have a really low lootrate. This server will start slowly, wars will be expensive and when people get to like 140+ the server will die because it's way to easy to do levels. The best thing will be (JUST LOWER THE LOOT RATE with 0.5-1x, LOWER THE STAGES JUST A LITTLE BIT.)

1-30 30x
31-50 25x
51-60 20x
61 - 70 15x
71 - 80 10x
81 - 85 - 9x
86 - 89 - 8x
90 - 94 - 7x
94 - 99 - 6x
100 - 110 - 5x
111 - 119 -4x
120 - 130 - 3x
130 - 999 - 2x

^ This will keep the server from getting out of hand in levels

Lootrate lowered by just 0.5-1x will keep people from getting filthy rich but still be able to afford wars without hours of hunting between each battle.

Regeneration will only have a impact if you have done something wrong in exp and loot rate..

This is of course MY opinion, but I'd like anyone to write and explain to me how a 10x server with low lootrate and low reg would be funny and playable more then 2-3 weeks.

@Disco Ruben :
The rates you are suggesting and with the idea behind the rates you are simply stating that wars should not be connected with hunting at all, if you do extreme hunting in the start, you can fight for weeks until you have to refill your supplies.

We do not want that, we want to somehow connect wars with hunting, yet not to an extreme level.

Exp stages that you suggested will make people stay on a specific level and stop hunting, which will make their adventure on OriginalTibia limited after that specific stage.

Not to mention that low level characters at server's that uses exp-stages most often tends to destroy battles due to the high rates in the start. Basically they are using a 20 minutes made-character that is still very efficient in ruining the server. (ex: exura sio in wars, excessive random pking without any consequenses.)

And I don't know if your intentions is to play 2-3 weeks, if that is the case, I don't recommend this server for you.

@Taze :
I don't care what happens on other servers, I am not connected with them at any way, I have my own playerbase and I will open the server regardless if you or anyone else has other plans.

@Tamam123 :
Appreciate this comment, mate :)

@Leox1337 : It will be worth the hold, as stated below - due to the circumstances I could not open it earlier.

@kovall :
If I could start it earlier, I would. But the circumstances told me different, I hope to see you in the start.

@Lega :
I will do that :)

Fribben.

@Disco Ruben :
The rates you are suggesting and with the idea behind the rates you are simply stating that wars should not be connected with hunting at all, if you do extreme hunting in the start, you can fight for weeks until you have to refill your supplies.

We do not want that, we want to somehow connect wars with hunting, yet not to an extreme level.

Exp stages that you suggested will make people stay on a specific level and stop hunting, which will make their adventure on OriginalTibia limited after that specific stage.

Not to mention that low level characters at server's that uses exp-stages most often tends to destroy battles due to the high rates in the start. Basically they are using a 20 minutes made-character that is still very efficient in ruining the server. (ex: exura sio in wars, excessive random pking without any consequenses.)

And I don't know if your intentions is to play 2-3 weeks, if that is the case, I don't recommend this server for you.

@Taze :
I don't care what happens on other servers, I am not connected with them at any way, I have my own playerbase and I will open the server regardless if you or anyone else has other plans.

@Tamam123 :
Appreciate this comment, mate :)

@Leox1337 : It will be worth the hold, as stated below - due to the circumstances I could not open it earlier.

@kovall :
If I could start it earlier, I would. But the circumstances told me different, I hope to see you in the start.

@Lega :
I will do that :)

Fribben.

I don't like realmaps much, but I will try out this one 100%. See you at the start & good luck!

Back