• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.0 8.60

Would you help out on this project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I feel the same about bots and there are ways to get rid of them, ex. changing the code ALOT to only allow otclient.
If you do what I just marked in your quote, then it's pretty much a waste to downgrade tfs to an outdated version, animated text can be achieved through OTC regardless of your client version, you just have to re add it to the tfs 1.0 core and actually use it.

EDIT:

Heroland based on protocol 10.41
wibbenz.png

wibbenz2.png

Last edited:
If you do what I just marked in your quote, then it's pretty much a waste to downgrade tfs to an outdated version, animated text can be achieved through OTC regardless of your client version, you just have to re add it to the tfs 1.0 core and actually use it.
indeed, many things can be achieved with newer clients, but most of users are not going to admit that they just want 8.6 because of the fucking elfbot...

indeed, many things can be achieved with newer clients, but most of users are not going to admit that they just want 8.6 because of the fucking elfbot...
The reasons why they want to use it don't matter, everyone can use what he wants, I'm just implying that I don't see the necessity to downgrade the core to a single protocol just for one thing, which could be achieved by using OTC.

EDIT:

Heroland based on protocol 10.41
wibbenz.png

wibbenz2.png

Well thanks for the input, the only problem that I HAVE noticed is that alot of players don't wanna use a custom client, if they are forced to.
A second thing is that I don't like the otclient look, haven't looked alot into it tho.
So I would never force users to only use otclient to get this back, that's my input on this, but I get your point about the ability to add animated text with otclient.

But as I said, its nothing I would use myself since I and alot of other users wanna download the least amount of things to play an ot.
And if you go that way there is only one way to do it, downgrade to 8.60 or lower? Not sure when they removed the animated text functions.

But that isen't all aswell, the cooldown system, the war system that alot of players want back.
With my experience elfbot isen't the only thing players prefer 8.60, its the war system and not having the cooldown system.

But is there a way to customize otclient to look exaclly like cipsoft client? Would help others to start using otclient.

But that isen't all aswell, the cooldown system, the war system that alot of players want back.
With my experience elfbot isen't the only thing players prefer 8.60, its the war system and not having the cooldown system.

those can be removed/changed in new clients and you know it xD

Wibbenz, I'm going to assume you completely missed my post about the war system on the first page.
You can have any type of war system you want, let it be 10.0, or 8.6, or 7.6, or 7.1. You can get any war system you want, same with PVP system/rules. You can get all of this in the latest version. Cooldowns can be turned off, you can even have no cooldowns for some spells and cooldowns for others, at the same time.

those can be removed/changed in new clients and you know it xD

the only problem that I HAVE noticed is that alot of players don't wanna use a custom client, if they are forced to.
So I would never force users to only use otclient to get this back, that's my input on this, but I get your point about the ability to add animated text with otclient.

I know that otclient can be modified to w/e you like, but that dosen't make it the official client and that is what atleast I am going for.

Wibbenz, I'm going to assume you completely missed my post about the war system on the first page.
You can have any type of war system you want, let it be 10.0, or 8.6, or 7.6, or 7.1. You can get any war system you want, same with PVP system/rules. You can get all of this in the latest version. Cooldowns can be turned off, you can even have no cooldowns for some spells and cooldowns for others, at the same time.

I read your comment and I know that the war system can ofc be modified. But one of the missing things is animated text, that is used alot in events, games etc
I know that the cooldown system can be modified and removed. Ive modified my own on my rlmap project so I know about that.
The problem is that you still have the icons there that bugs me.

<facepalm> Did you listen to me at all?

<facepalm> Did you listen to me at all?

Are you saying there is a way to disable cooldown from the server side without just removing the time? Im talking about the icons in the client etc.
Is there a way to get the guild war emblems back to the state they we're? Aka are the spirits still there?
Is there a way to get animated text back WITHOUT using otclient or using Player.say?

The icons are client-sided, you can hide then like Ninja said. On the server side, you can disable the functionality of cooldowns. You certainly can make any spell without cooldowns and use the plain 2 second exhaust. Guild war emblems are still there, you can use them however you like. Animated text doesn't exist in the client, so it cannot be used anymore, you can just use the orange text to float it over portals and stuff, but it should be the least of all concerns. You'd be stupid to sacrifice all the cool things that the latest version has just for damn animated texts.

they are just too afraid of assuming that they want the amount of "players" that likes 8.6 (because of elfbot ofc) but since that is going to nowhere I'll just leave that thread because our reasons are not enough to convince someone that wants an elfbot populated server but tells that the problem are the icons even with lots of users telling alternatives for most of the problems =P no hate tho wibbenz, take care and good luck with this if it is really going to happen! (please don't quote me xD)

Are you saying there is a way to disable cooldown from the server side without just removing the time? Im talking about the icons in the client etc.
Is there a way to get the guild war emblems back to the state they we're? Aka are the spirits still there?
Is there a way to get animated text back WITHOUT using otclient or using Player.say?
1)
Code:
void ProtocolGame::sendSpellCooldown(uint8_t spellId, uint32_t time)
{
   NetworkMessage msg;
   msg.AddByte(0xA4);
   msg.AddByte(spellId);
   msg.add<uint32_t>(time);
   writeToOutputBuffer(msg);
}

void ProtocolGame::sendSpellGroupCooldown(SpellGroup_t groupId, uint32_t time)
{
   NetworkMessage msg;
   msg.AddByte(0xA5);
   msg.AddByte(groupId);
   msg.add<uint32_t>(time);
}

2)
Code:
msg.AddByte(player->getGuildEmblem(otherPlayer));

3) no as it was removed in the Tibia client after 8.x (not sure which exactly it was)

These are roughly hints on where to start looking for the stuff.

The icons are client-sided, you can hide then like Ninja said. On the server side, you can disable the functionality of cooldowns. You certainly can make any spell without cooldowns and use the plain 2 second exhaust. Guild war emblems are still there, you can use them however you like. Animated text doesn't exist in the client, so it cannot be used anymore, you can just use the orange text to float it over portals and stuff, but it should be the least of all concerns. You'd be stupid to sacrifice all the cool things that the latest version has for damn animated texts.

And as I said to Ninja, I know about that option, but I still don't want that to show up on the player client by default.
And as I said 2 times now 3 I know that you can completely remove the cooldown system and modify it.
II know that the cooldown system can be modified and removed. Ive modified my own on my rlmap project so I know about that.
The problem is that you still have the icons there that bugs me.

I think you should read my comments insted of saying I don't read those you posted.

I got 2 servers I wanna run 8.60 with, but I want the same script system, I would never had done this if tfs 1.0 used the legacy system as 0.2/0.3/0.4.

Tbh I like 1.0 I really do, thats why I wanna be able to make my 8.60 servers have use of the new systems and stability that 1.0 has.
Another good thing is that if I write a new event I don't have to write 2 types insted of just writing one that works for all my servers.
If you think im stupid due to that I feel those 3 things should be re-added (not posible thats why im going with 8.60 - for some of my servers) then you may think that.

I feel that there are servers out there that can help with the working of 1.0, even if I get 10 users to use the "new" 1.0 atleast maybe 1 or 2 will help out on the default repo since they share the same base.
It would in that case be stupid to have 2 completely diffrent systems that shares pretty much nothing insted of trying to share everything except that the 8.60 rev will use the older war system etc while the default repo uses the latest.

Another thing I think is pretty bad, no offence towards Mark but removing ex. mayNotMove due to its name while he knows that others use those functions are pretty stupid, why not remove it WHEN there is a better solution?

they are just too afraid of assuming that they want the amount of "players" that likes 8.6 (because of elfbot ofc) but since that is going to nowhere I'll just leave that thread because our reasons are not enough to convince someone that wants an elfbot populated server but tells that the problem are the icons even with lots of users telling alternatives for most of the problems =P no hate tho wibbenz, take care and good luck with this if it is really going to happen! (please don't quote me xD)
But I will :)
Im not doing this for elfbot, but elfbot will bring more players as they do right now so just stop talking about elfbot. The thing is that players mainly enjoy 8.60 due to the features they have. Even if the server is likely to crash etc.
I could just as easily go with 8.62 I think the latest 8.60 rev that was stable is.
But ofc if the players wanna bot they will bot. Just look at shadowcores, they have ALOT of players and they still find ways to crack the bots, the only way to try and keep them away is by changing the rsa key and using a new custom client every server save pretty much.

BUT Thanks for your last input, even if you don't like this project im glad to see some support from the "haters" of this project, there will always be users who prefer 8.60 so why not help them out?

1)
Code:
void ProtocolGame::sendSpellCooldown(uint8_t spellId, uint32_t time)
{
   NetworkMessage msg;
   msg.AddByte(0xA4);
   msg.AddByte(spellId);
   msg.add<uint32_t>(time);
}

void ProtocolGame::sendSpellGroupCooldown(SpellGroup_t groupId, uint32_t time)
{
   NetworkMessage msg;
   msg.AddByte(0xA5);
   msg.AddByte(groupId);
   msg.add<uint32_t>(time);
}

2)
Code:
msg.AddByte(player->getGuildEmblem(otherPlayer));

3) no as it was removed in the Tibia client after 8.x (not sure which exactly it was)

These are roughly hints on where to start looking for the stuff.

Im not that great with c++ as I said in my main post, but I suppose that will just stop the icons to "show the effect" or am I wrong?
As Even said there is no way to disable the icons from the server since they are inbeded into the client code.

Topic:
I will continue with this project, if I do it by myself and hire some c++ coder to check the code thats fine, tbh im doing this for myself. I don't wanna have to waste time writing an event with meta functions to then "re code" it to the legacy system.
Its better to keep all tfs versions the same system and since I atleast think it will be easier to modify 1.0 to 8.60 specs insted of changing all the functions within tfs 0.4 to meta tags im gonna continue with this.

What I was looking for are others to help out if they feel the same. I know there are other devs out there with more then 1 server and I think the majority dosen't have servers like Mark where both uses 1.0 its gonna be easier for everyone to share events, scripts etc if they all use the same script base.

Well tbh, I don't like the idea to solely limiting it to one protocol, if you start doing this for legacy protocols then it would be appropiate to do it for atleast all protocols above 7.4
I know that this sounds like a ridicules ammount of work but that would atleast be worth it in my eyes.

Well tbh, I don't like the idea to solely limiting it to one protocol, if you start doing this for legacy protocols then it would be appropiate to do it for atleast all protocols above 7.4
I know that this sounds like a ridicules ammount of work but that would atleast be worth it in my eyes.

Well you got a point there at the same time, but unless I get a certin amount of users who feels they wanna help im not gonna do anything else then 8.60.
There is already some 7.4 1.0 released on github that I guess works, but you have to update it to the latest commits on the default repo.

I will make responses to your previous post when I get home, currently on phone.
I do want to make a quick comment on the last portion of your post.

Please do not take my comments in this thread as an attack or threat. I know who you are, I know you're bright with a lot of things here. Your stance on ElfBot not being a direct result of 8.6's popularity made you extremely vulnerable for an argument. Thus, we are trying to persuade you into using your talents to contribute towards the latest 1.0 and Tibia version and going forward, rather than going backwards.

I will make responses to your previous post when I get home, currently on phone.
I do want to make a quick comment on the last portion of your post.

Please do not take my comments in this thread as an attack or threat. I know who you are, I know you're bright with a lot of things here. Your stance on ElfBot not being a direct result of 8.6's popularity made you extremely vulnerable for an argument. Thus, we are trying to persuade you into using your talents to contribute towards the latest 1.0 and Tibia version and going forward, rather than going backwards.

Well I thank you for those words and I once again say im not doing since to make it easier for players to bot.
But lets all be honest, there is pretty much no way to remove the botters. We can only make it harder.

"Your stance on ElfBot not being a direct result of 8.6's popularity made you extremely vulnerable for an argument.":
Well I woulden't mind players botting, ive accepted that we will always have bots within tibia and I think that 8.60 is a great version and belive me if there was a way to make it imposible to make bot clients connect. But with my coding experience I have no ide to do that and there isen't probbly a way to do that using the default client.
And im trying to as good as I can to take the feedback as good as I can and im sorry if you took it the wrong way or anyone else who commented.
But the thing is that I really enjoy 8.6 or any other version around that era if you void the botters.

And to me its all about trying to make it as enjoyable and easy for the players as they can and to me that isen't forcing them to use a custom client. Atleast I never use any custom client ot due to viruses etc.

And don't worrie I will still keep working on my 1.0 servers but I still wanna be able to play 8.60 and have 8.60 servers while at the same time not having to spend time on converting scripts to the legacy system.
Another thing is that I would never do this if I diden't like 1.0. What Mark has done with 1.0 is just amazing while releasing it - even if it has helped alot of download and run servers.

But at the same time not "allowing" users that might or have done amazing things for the legacy system to make them for all versions is pretty bad if you ask me.
I feel that we shoulden't need 4 diffrent scripts one for 0.2, one for 0.3 one for 0.4 and one for 1.0. Its better to try and keep it all in one system.
And since I like both 8.60, 10.41 and ofc 10.41 I wanted to make it posible mainly for me but aswell as for others to not have to spend time on converting scripts to or from the legacy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back