• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.0 8.60

Would you help out on this project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
help us do it!!!!
Yea we need atleast one c++ dev to make it happen, ive removed alot of code aswell as added and modified alot already.
I still think its fun that its pretty much 50/50 with yes and no in the poll :p

I truly don't see the point of:
1) Doing a disscicion if you don't take critics, and will do what you want.
2) Downgrading TFS

You think ppl other than you will use this? They already have they DL and run servers, you think they will work to make the scripts work with 1.0? they don't want to work they just want to download, run and make profit.

You are been to BIAS, towards your goal.

I truly don't see the point of:
1) Doing a disscicion if you don't take critics, and will do what you want.
2) Downgrading TFS

You think ppl other than you will use this? They already have they DL and run servers, you think they will work to make the scripts work with 1.0? they don't want to work they just want to download, run and make profit.

You are been to BIAS, towards your goal.

Wait am I not allowed to give feedback on the critics? Am I not allowed to defend what I wanna do? I think you need to take a long thinker about this..
Just because some people think this won't work etc won't make me stop. As long as there are atleast a few that I can help out im doing it.
Downgrading tfs why not? Its either downgrading or changing pretty much everything within 0.4 to make it work with scripts that are made for 1.0.

There are users out there who prefers 8.60 but aren't using the ot as a download and run server. And as the votes say and the people ive taked with this would be a good ide, seeing as if I create an event for my custom 10.41 server I still can use it on my 10.41 rlmap since they share the same script system but I can't use it on my 8.60 custom server since that server runs on the legacy system.

And how am I showing favor for 8.60? I use 10.41 aswell, so ill say it once more so you actually might understand or you want me to use google translate? I AND MANY MORE WANNA BE ABLE TO USE THE SAME SCRIPT SYSTEM WITH ALL OF OUR SERVERS, THIS WILL NOT ONLY HELP A FEW BUT ACTUALLY HELP ALL THE OTS IN THE COMMUNITY SINCE IF X RELEASED A SCRIPT Z CAN STILL USE IT ON ANOTHER CLIENT VERSION....

Tbh if we void the 10.x download and run rlmaps the main tibia version is 8.60, so why not use the same script system for all? Insted of having "Depending on your tfs version you should use one of these 4 scripts", just think of how much less space the support forum will take up if all tibia versions used the same script system.

And I think that if enough people start using this others will follow, if you don't want this to happen then you don't have to read this thread anymore.
I know that there are devs and players out there who prefer 8.60, but have major problems with finding scripts for the servers etc since the script they want is created for 0.2 or another version of 0.3 and they don't have the knowledge to fix the bugs.

This way we all use the same system, sure 8.60 and 10.x is the ONLY ot versions, but id say those 2 are the most used once.

Wait am I not allowed to give feedback on the critics? Am I not allowed to defend what I wanna do? I think you need to take a long thinker about this..
Just because some people think this won't work etc won't make me stop. As long as there are atleast a few that I can help out im doing it.
You can think what you want do what you want, but why do you ask for other opinions if you are going to be so BIAS and don't take into consideration of others?

Downgrading tfs why not? Its either downgrading or changing pretty much everything within 0.4 to make it work with scripts that are made for 1.0.
-.^ everything is done for 0.4 already why would you have to remake? lol, you are already remaking/editing/deleting/etc. DERP!

There are users out there who prefers 8.60 but aren't using the ot as a download and run server.
Give me an example of who is wanting to use that, and is trying to create a 8.6 custom, I will smack some sense into them, and show them how newer clients are better for custom servers.
A) Custom sprites? there are already Tools for them.
B) Cooldowns? You can remove that shit.
C) Bring it ON BABY!1!

I AND MANY MORE WANNA BE ABLE TO USE THE SAME SCRIPT SYSTEM WITH ALL OF OUR SERVERS, THIS WILL NOT ONLY HELP A FEW BUT ACTUALLY HELP ALL THE OTS IN THE COMMUNITY SINCE IF X RELEASED A SCRIPT Z CAN STILL USE IT ON ANOTHER CLIENT VERSION....
Tell me how many others :)? those who want to use Bot ;)? Cool way to support gaming :). Same scripting? so you want to invest TONS of time into Downgrading TFS but not to convert scripts? you are pretty smart your self.

Tbh if we void the 10.x download and run rlmaps the main tibia version is 8.60, so why not use the same script system for all? Instead of having "Depending on your tfs version you should use one of these 4 scripts", just think of how much less space the support forum will take up if all tibia versions used the same script system.
How dare you blasphemous! The only reason why 8.6 is popular its cuz botting. The best version? WOW you are so narrow minded, TBH Client Versions are always becoming better, graphically and functionally wise. That you are so fixated and in love with something old, does not mean it better (Yes, neither that its not good), if it revived changes from its developers its cuz it needed to. That we don't know why they did something, does not mean you are right, or wrong.
As I already mention you want to convert a WHOLE distro just cuz you don't want to convert scripts, you are SMART! DERP!HURP!

And I think that if enough people start using this others will follow, if you don't want this to happen then you don't have to read this thread anymore.
I know that there are devs and players out there who prefer 8.60, but have major problems with finding scripts for the servers etc since the script they want is created for 0.2 or another version of 0.3 and they don't have the knowledge to fix the bugs.

This way we all use the same system, sure 8.60 and 10.x is the ONLY ot versions, but id say those 2 are the most used once.
You think? that's a cool opinion nice to know. I don't want to read it, but you keep on bumping it with almost 50% of no DEVs wanting to(Those 3 Votes on maybe not sure, its the same as saying no, but don't want to look bad). You have more hate in this thread, than love towards it. If they don't have the knowledge they are not Devs, they are most likely kids who want to have a DL & run server, for profit.

When it was most popular was with the change from 7.x to 8.0 since was a major update, most old players wanted to try what was knew back then, and it was 8.0/1 not 8.6 get your facts right, with 8.6 tibia just been on an slope.

TL;DR. You can do what you want, I could not careless, just as I could keep writing, if you don't like it don't ask for other opinions, don't get so defensive, most ppl commenting here have nothing but "NO love" for 8.6, does not tell you anything?

You can think what you want do what you want, but why do you ask for other opinions if you are going to be so BIAS and don't take into consideration of others?

-.^ everything is done for 0.4 already why would you have to remake? lol, you are already remaking/editing/deleting/etc. DERP!

Give me an example of who is wanting to use that, and is trying to create a 8.6 custom, I will smack some sense into them, and show them how newer clients are better for custom servers.
A) Custom sprites? there are already Tools for them.
B) Cooldowns? You can remove that shit.
C) Bring it ON BABY!1!

Tell me how many others :)? those who want to use Bot ;)? Cool way to support gaming :). Same scripting? so you want to invest TONS of time into Downgrading TFS but not to convert scripts? you are pretty smart your self.

How dare you blasphemous! The only reason why 8.6 is popular its cuz botting. The best version? WOW you are so narrow minded, TBH Client Versions are always becoming better, graphically and functionally wise. That you are so fixated and in love with something old, does not mean it better (Yes, neither that its not good), if it revived changes from its developers its cuz it needed to. That we don't know why they did something, does not mean you are right, or wrong.
As I already mention you want to convert a WHOLE distro just cuz you don't want to convert scripts, you are SMART! DERP!HURP!

You think? that's a cool opinion nice to know. I don't want to read it, but you keep on bumping it with almost 50% of no DEVs wanting to(Those 3 Votes on maybe not sure, its the same as saying no, but don't want to look bad). You have more hate in this thread, than love towards it. If they don't have the knowledge they are not Devs, they are most likely kids who want to have a DL & run server, for profit.

When it was most popular was with the change from 7.x to 8.0 since was a major update, most old players wanted to try what was knew back then, and it was 8.0/1 not 8.6 get your facts right, with 8.6 tibia just been on an slope.

TL;DR. You can do what you want, I could not careless, just as I could keep writing, if you don't like it don't ask for other opinions, don't get so defensive, most ppl commenting here have nothing but "NO love" for 8.6, does not tell you anything?

1. Is there anything that said I can't do w/e I want?

2. You must be either retarded(no offence) or drunk, since ive written it atleast 3 times in this thread: It's to get the same script base for all versions.
And im not copying 0.4, im going with 1.0 as you should have noticed by now.

2.2 Ill write it once again so you might pick it up: It's to get the same script base for all versions.

3.1 Custom spirits? Where did I write anything about that?

3.2 Animated text is removed, cooldown bar is still there even if I disable the cooldown time from the spells.xml file or modify it to pre cooldown system specs. The war system was better(I know this can still be done since someone wrote about it before) The new spirits of walking is just crap. These are just the things that I can think of atm.

4. A ton of time? Not rly, the hardest part is to convert the leagacy war system to userdata. Compared to rescripting 0.4 to use userdata functions. And im not doing this to support bots, but there is still no way of fully blocking bots so why even bother? Just look at shadowcores(as ive written before) - they use 10.x and they have plenty of botters.

5. 8.60 isen't only a good server due to elfbot, grow up and try to come with some good arguments. 8.60 has the best look of everything if you ask me. But if 8.40 had the war emblem I would go for that insted. But as ive said X amount of times in this thread, I don't wanna use any client except the default cipsoft client. From where did you get that its gonna be a huge project to downgrade 1.0? There is already a 7.x 1.0 out there, its not imposible. And as I said in my main post im not doing this to get more ots to come to the new script system only but also to better my c++ knowledge.

6. And as I said, idc what you think. And I will continue with this project as ive said X amount of times to better my c++ knowledge and as I also said I won't release it unless I get help with it. If I don't get help ill hire a c++ dev to check the codes ive changed and keep it for my self. Im doing this to not have to spend alot of time converting scripts to the new scripting base.
If you feel that 8.60 is just pure crap, as I know others do dosen't mean you are right. There will always be players who wanna play 8.60 and YES some does wanna use bots to play so why not let them? There is a reason ex. masiyah and all the other crap servers still has the amount of players they have even with all the botters.
So ill say it once again so you don't have to write the same question a third time, im doing this to make it easier for all users (if I decide to release it) to use the new scripting base.
And ofc im gonna defend it how ever id like to. And as ive said X amount of times, im doing this to make it easier for alot of users, but mainly me if I don't decide to release it.

As I said there will always be users who prefers older revs, why not keep the same scripting base for it? Insted of having I think there are 4 or 5 diffrent version right now.
That would in sence remove the "what tfs version are you using" question.

PS. No I do not wanna use OTClient.
If you don't feel like coming with decent arguments then you don't have to post anything else here.

Whats wrong with otserv ?

Otserv? Are you talking about the one with objective lua aswell? If that is the case it dosen't use the same language as 1.0 and the main reason is to get the same language to 8.60 aswell as 10.x.

I belive you are talking about revscriptsys no it's still a branch.
I mean this :
http://otland.net/threads/8-6-otserv-0-6-4-stable.218401/

Well that ot uses objective lua but its not the same language that 1.0 uses. What I want is to be able to get one lanuage for most versions, atleast the popular versions.
And if you ask me that system isen't as clean and good as 1.0 is according to me.
So that repo dosen't really help since it isen't like any other version, not even the data directory :p.
But that was the repo I was talking about.

Well that ot uses objective lua but its not the same language that 1.0 uses. What I want is to be able to get one lanuage for most versions, atleast the popular versions.
And if you ask me that system isen't as clean and good as 1.0 is according to me.
So that repo dosen't really help since it isen't like any other version, not even the data directory :p.
But that was the repo I was talking about.

IF you can't change few scripts to match otserv one's then im sorry otserv is not for you ;-x
tfs is based on this so I have no idea what do you mean by language.

IF you can't change few scripts to match otserv one's then im sorry otserv is not for you ;-x
tfs is based on this so I have no idea what do you mean by language.

I can but its about time saving aswell as helping to keep the scripts that are published on the forum workable on all tibia versions.
That way we don't have 4-5 diffrent langagues where the function names differs etc.

Even if tfs is based on this they have done alot better job then your? team has. If you ask me the one tfs 1.0 uses seems alot cleaner and easier for new users to use.

Ex. berseker.lua (taken from your? repo):
Code:
local berserk = Spell:new("Berserk")

berserk.words         = "exori"
berserk.vocation     = {"Knight", "Elite Knight"}
berserk.damageType     = COMBAT_PHYSICALDAMAGE
berserk.level        = 35
berserk.mana        = 115
berserk.aggressive     = true
berserk.premium        = true
berserk.areaEffect     = MAGIC_EFFECT_BLACK_SPARK

berserk.area         =
    {
        {"a", "a", "a"},
        {"a", " ", "a"},
        {"a", "a", "a"}
    }

berserk.formula = function(player)
    local level = player:getLevel()
    local weapon = player:getWeapon()
    local weaponAttack = weapon and weapon:getAttack() or 7 --config["fist_strenght"]
    local weaponSkill = player:getWeaponSkill(weapon)

return math.random(
            ((weaponSkill+weaponAttack)*0.5+(level/5)),
            ((weaponSkill+weaponAttack)*1.5+(level/5)))
end

berserk:register()

TFS 1.0:
Code:
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_PHYSICALDAMAGE)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_HITAREA)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_USECHARGES, 1)

local area = createCombatArea(AREA_SQUARE1X1)
setCombatArea(combat, area)

function onGetFormulaValues(cid, skill, attack, factor)
    local skillTotal, levelTotal = skill * attack, getPlayerLevel(cid) / 5
    return -(((skillTotal * 0.03) + 7) + (levelTotal)), -(((skillTotal * 0.05) + 11) + (levelTotal))
end

setCombatCallback(combat, CALLBACK_PARAM_SKILLVALUE, "onGetFormulaValues")

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
    return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end

As you can see the scripting language differs (I know that the 1.0 version hasen't been updated to meta but its in sence the same.)

You are looking at revscriptsys as I said it's completly diffrent have you read my post ? Otserv 0.6.4 is here:
https://github.com/opentibia/server/tree/legacy

I still feel 1.0 is cleaner and easier to use. And as you should have understood by now is that im not looking to just get objective lua to 8.60 but mainly to get the SAME language to both 10.x aswell as 8.60.
And the thing is that I think its so stupid to have (I have no ide tbh - but atleast 4) diffrent languages where you have one, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, tfs 1.0.
Even if 0.3/0.4 dosen't have that many diffrent functions there are still diffrences.

And as I said in my main post I will continue with this mainly to learn more C++ aswell as using the same languages on all my ots.

I can give you my input about the idea. I dont feel it's necessary to downgrade. Since the new version of tibia client has alot of new features, such as modal window, mounts, market, cooldown and etc... If you dont like the features, you can just disable them. Simple as that.

dont waste your time this dude just want to do what he wants so just stop.

Yes I have my own will and I do w/e I want. If I want avesta to run on 10.x I do that dosen't matter if you think its a waste of time.
And as ive told you and written in the thread x amount of times im doing this to learn more C++. How would I do that without doing any coding at all?
Or maybe you my master according to you want me to create 100 "hello world" programs?
Just stop typing since you seem to think you are the one who decides what should be done or not.

I can give you my input about the idea. I dont feel it's necessary to downgrade. Since the new version of tibia client has alot of new features, such as modal window, mounts, market, cooldown and etc... If you dont like the features, you can just disable them. Simple as that.

Well thanks. I feel the same about some of the things but I don't want the cooldown bar ex. on the players client for one.
I also feel that I don't wanna force players to use a custom client if I diden't feel that way I would have done just as Red said and use 1.0 with OTC.
But I get where people are going with that its a waste of time, but for those id like to know where did they learn to code? By not trying anything or by actually trying things.
I know that I learned lua by trying to re-code some older scripts and I feel the same atm. Im gonna keep going with this project but as most seem this won't be a good thing maybe im not supposed to release it?
Even if you ask me where I would say it would help the community. Alot of things has changed from the older versions to 1.0. And most scripts aren't working with 1.0 due to that. This way both 8.60 and 10.x versions can have working scripts by ex. downloading things from your repo if they want a semi working WOTE or w/e they want. Insted of writing everything from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back