• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Built-in Database Manager

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I've recently implented a built-in database manager to version 0.3 and to prevent alot of questions about it when we release alpha 2 I'll explain what it does.

It is executed at startup after the SQL connection has been tested and it does the following things:
  • Checks for database versions and updates stuff if necessary (used to be external application "auto-sql-updater").
  • Checks if all triggers exist, if they don't it will create them.
  • Checks if password type has been changed, if it has been changed passwords will be hashed.
  • Checks for overhead and optimize tables if necessary (VACUUM is used in SQLite, VACUUM FULL in PostgreSQL).
The purpose of the database manager is to make the database related stuff as userfriendly as possible and keep your database clean from overhead. We will no longer put queries to update your database in CHANGELOG because it is one of the purposes of the database manager, to automatically update your database.

If you have any suggestions of other stuff we can make the database manager perform, please post them here.

We're also looking for someone who is experienced with PostgreSQL to join our development team and help us test the database manager under PostgreSQL.

good stuff tala u should make it so u can changed from version .3 back to version .2 just for people who change there mind like me :D

i no lmao but u should make it for noobs like me :D please? :D i dont need it i jsut did a reset but for future references.

Why do you ask talaturen to add that future!? If you dont listen to what he says, I think you can spend your time writing codes that will "reset" back OT to other versions... Talaturen is probably busy adding other more important things to the OT..

When a table is crashed, will it automatically repair it aswell?

Nice!
It bugged my chars though...

Chars that had a second promotion now have vocation 4294967295.

By the way, it didn't added server_reports to my database, I'm using 0.3 Alpha 4.
Do you have the query for the table?

Last edited:
Back