• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 0.3.5pl1] NPCs giving double messages

Sam

Banned User
Reaction score
Greetings.

Whenever I greet or say farewell to one of my NPC, it repeats the message twice. It used to work on Thyrannia 0.0.1, but not on the released 0.3.5pl1... I've tried the following:
  • Using the default lib files
  • Using my modified lib files
  • Using the thyrannia lib files
Still does it... and only greetings seem to do it.

Any ideas? :thumbup:

That is not the problem, with the private chat thingie npcs will greet both in default and in the private chat. The problem is that if you turn off the private chat setting then he will greet you two times in the default channel.

I'm bumping this thread becouse I have the same issue...

//Massen

Im sorry to bump such old thread, however I still have this issue and I really want to solve it now. Im using the default channel instead of the npc channgel @ npcs with the latest npc lib files from [8.54] The Forgotten Server 0.3.6pl1 (Crying Damson)
and npcs greets you twice and says goodbye twice in the default channel...

EDIT:

I solved this.

If you want the npcs to only greet you in npc channel remove "self:say(msg)" in Npchandler.lua on line: 346

If you want the npc to only greet you in Default channel remove "self:say(msg, cid)" on line: 348

If you want this to work when walking away from a npc or saying bye aswell you need to find the lines containing either of above functions under the correct category.

hope it helps :)

//Massen

Last edited:
Back