• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Request] Create GM characters

Skynox

Authorized Bartender
Reaction score
I want a script to gesior acc that I can put in the admin panel and it should work as simple as it sounds, you can create or promote characters to gamemasters.
And it would be great if the script both changes group_id and page_access.
Is that a possible thing to do?.

I also have another question concerning page access. How should I do to make two different access, one for the god's and one for the gamemasters on the website?

Kind regards,
Skynox

Last edited:
I want a script to gesior acc that I can put in the admin panel and it should work as simple as it sounds, you can create or promote characters to gamemasters.
And it would be great if the script both changes group_id and page_access.
Is that a possible thing to do?.

I also have another question concerning page access. How should I do to make two different access, one for the god's and one for the gamemasters?

Kind regards,
Skynox

You know there is a command ingame? =D /promote and /demote =)

You know there is a command ingame? =D /promote and /demote =)

Haha I didnt know that, thanks for the information. That will work :p
Now to my seconde question, How should I do to make two different access, one for the god's and one for the gamemasters on the website?

Haha I didnt know that, thanks for the information. That will work :p
Now to my seconde question, How should I do to make two different access, one for the god's and one for the gamemasters on the website?

Firstly, I like your original idea. You should still pursue requesting it. And your second question, its in config.php I think, to set account access to do some things

Firstly, I like your original idea. You should still pursue requesting it. And your second question, its in config.php I think, to set account access to do some things

I like that idea to and I will pursue requesting this script, the /promote function will for sure work but in some way it would be (can sound a bit stupid but...) a more serious impression for the player thats gonna be given the gamemaster access. Now I have to ask the player to create a character, login to be able to use the command /promote and after that access my database to change the page_access. Doesnt it sound difficult?
For me it does :p

So that would be a great script. It could for example work like this?
* Create/Promote to tutor/senior tutor/gamemaster/community manager/god and save/update the character to a account
with all the right attributes in the database.

You type the account number and new characters name in a form, choose if you just
want to promote or create a player and what kind of group it should belong and then "Create/Update"
seven radio buttons and two text field?

----IDEA----

ACTIONS
RadioButton1: Promote
RadioButton2: Create

ACCOUNT INFORMATION
TextField1: Account# (If you have RadioButton2: Create checked)
TextField2: Character name (When you have RadioButton1 & 2 checked. Cause you have to type a name eather if your gonna create or promote a character)

GROUP
RadioButton3: Tutor
RadioButton4: Senior Tutor
RadioButton5: Gamemaster
RadioButton6: Community Manager
RadioButton7: God

SAVE

------------

That is just one example but it's just a hint on how it could work.
I could probably write two or three more ideas but if someone with knowledge enough
want to take this idea into action he/she could absolutely make this idea more optimized
without any major changes.

I dont really know a solution so I can avoid asking for the players
account number yet. It could work eather way but once again it's a serious
impression to the player that the server staff dont have to ask for
the account information. If you as a god steps up infront of a player
and ask for the account number so that you can promote them
my first impression would be "SCAM!"

I tried to rewrite somethings in the original code. I made 5 samples
Tutor/Senior tut... ect.
Then I tried to make it able for those who have the right access to create there own gamemaster
but as you may have noticed my knowledge of PHP/MySQL are very limited.

The request is still standing.
Hope you understand my english, there might be some typos somewhere and the post looks a bit messy.
Sorry for that, that happends when I try to write the images I have in my head :p.

Thank you for reading & kind regards,
Skynox

EDIT:
When it comes to my seconde question I solved it. Now God's and Gamemasters have two different administration panel's.
And ofcorse I want to share this if someone want to do the same thing.
So I posted the tutorial http://otland.net/f118/gesior-aac-0-3-6-group-based-admin-panel-65068/

Last edited:
Back