• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] August - City Gates

Which piece was your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this, REMOVE ALL PICTURES THAT DO NOT CONTAIN A DAMN GATE and let the pictures with gates there...

Here is my HONEST opinion of all pictures...

1. Well made, average mapper. Although this is a gate I have seen about 1000 times before.

2. Creative, decently made. But I can't see the usage of the weird looking wooden "towers". And you could erase some of the borders.

3. Good effects, well made. But it's spammed as FUCK. And some details just don't fit in.

4. Very creative, great ideas. I must say this is one of the most creative pictures in this contest. Sadly unfinished. Could've been so good.

5. Kinda cool, if better use of sprites. I can't say this is good. But it would be if it was better mapped.

6. Well mapped. Could've been so much better though.

7. Good, different. But somehow some things just doesn't fit.

8. Not good. 1 min work on this one, put more effort into it.

9. Different, well mapped. Good structures and different use of sprites. I like it.

10. Decent mapping. Not very well structured and organized.

11. Creative, different, good effects. Can't find any mistakes. Although I would like to know where the water is coming from.

12. Average. Only snow piece in this contest, which makes it stand out abit. Not very well mapped though.

Conclusion...

11 is the clearly the best picture. Because it is well mapped, creativeness on higher level, and only desert piece.
This picture proves that this mapper lays on a much higher standard than the rest of the mappers.

Real honest... Picture 3 does not deserve to win. Although congratz

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that some people might have exaggerated a bit on the "approach" to gate or w/e u'd like to call it
I won't change this contest right now, but we'll pay more attention to disregarding pictures that aren't directly related to the theme(for example in 1 we'd just accept the first picture, while on 2 we'd accept pictures 2 3 and 4)

Nice contest, voted one the first map. Good luck everyone!

technically number 3 has 7 pics. :< i was thinking to do something similar with a npc but didn't know we could use gifs :p

"Rules
(Can be changed at any time)

This month, we allow the participants to send up to 5 pictures to show different areas in their map (In-game/Map Editor)"

quite clearly, this isn't a different area.

So? A picture is a picture and that contestant has shown more pics than allowed.

Its a mapping contest, not a text contest, I think it should be allowed, considering its still 1 image. Just animated.
Since its the same mapping and you don't see anything else anyway.

"Rules
(Can be changed at any time)

This month, we allow the participants to send up to 5 pictures to show different areas in their map (In-game/Map Editor)"

quite clearly, this isn't a different area.

Its the same area but it is above the limit of pics allowed ^_^

Btw,why you defending that contestant so much?

Its the same area but it is above the limit of pics allowed ^_^

Btw,why you defending that contestant so much?
-
I'm not defending, but clearly stating the obvious :p
I count it as 5 since the .gif isn't showing different areas but I do see your logic also. It's up to Scarlet to decide whether or not the .gif is removed or the entire entry disqualified.

Imo, she would have already disqualified if she thought it broke the contest rules

So you mean if i just stand in one title and i can post like 20 pic and i talking with a npc?

So you mean if i just stand in one title and i can post like 20 pic and i talking with a npc?

THAT%2B_63b39e90525ec750adb7b2c6882984dd.jpg

"That still only counts as one", xD

I would still count it as one since you're not showing different areas, but as I said. Let Scarlet decide.

Regarding the animated image
I count it as 1 image, which is why I accepted it, the shown area is the same, so it really doesn't make any difference, does it? stop being picky just because 3 is winning(even though I agree with what Neon said that 3 shouldnt win)

In future contests we wont allow npcs talking, so this won't be an issue anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back