• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] August - City Gates

Which piece was your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In future you should look at all IMG and see if it match the theme!!!

I look at all imgs, but sometimes there isn't a clear definition, its not like "its a gate" or "its not a gate", there are always gray areas when defining something, and 3 falls on that gray area

I think next competition should be one image. It makes you be that much more creative and skillful because you only have so much space to represent the theme. Yes, people can get bigger pics in map editor. But they never look as good as ingame so they therefore suffer.

One pic to represent a whole theme = more challenging.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to take ingame screenshots. ALL mapping will look better with ingame screenshots. #2 and #3's mapping would look horrible if it was a RME picture. No offence.

Me and Peroxide already discussed the next theme, we're going for 2 pictures, one to show the inside and one to show the outside, what the theme is, ur gonna have to wait a bit more xD

@Neon
I don't think that would be a good idea, having just map editor pictures would make people that think map editor pics suck not participate, having only ingame pics would make people that dont want to setup a server just to take a couple of pictures not participate, allowing both makes it so that everyone can participate :)

Besides the whole thing of messing with light effects etc is a part of your creativity when mapping.

light sources?
cNJKl.png

and I'm not, this was macedoon picture in the first contest "Jungle Ruins"

Ïf i could change my vote i would pick number 12:p It just looks so awesome

You realise that mapping is made not to get awesome map in rme but awesome map ingame?
You do realize that some people map for fun and have no intentions to get it ingame, just because they like mapping

You realise that mapping is made not to get awesome map in rme but awesome map ingame?

You do realise that this is a MAPPING contest, not a "best ingame effects" contest.

Well i generally map to how it is seen ingame. Since my maps either get given to someone or are used in servers. I.e all my comp pieces will be in my server.

Ingame effects are part of the creativity behind mapping. Don't be naive.

Well i generally map to how it is seen ingame. Since my maps either get given to someone or are used in servers. I.e all my comp pieces will be in my server.

Ingame effects are part of the creativity behind mapping. Don't be naive.
I remember when nearly noone did ingame pictures.
The only thing you got were RME pictures. Okay yes, it looks better, but part of the creativity? It just makes it look pretty, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back