• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mutation process takes awhile, it's outlined in the books and journals scattered throughout the mine.
He warns you when you first meet him that he cannot fight it much longer.

To the top!
Well here's something I posted a little while ago, the image wasn't too clear so I redid it and here it is!
Here's an animation of a quest npc I just made. (don't worry about the mapping, this is just me testing on my local machine, its tfs map lol)
zO8eM.gif

He mutates once you complete a quest for him. :p Just an example of the tons of quest npc's on this server! And yes, we're still making more!
The delay between talking will be longer in-game, just sped it up to keep it under 5 mb, sorry if it's hard to read!
More mapping pics coming soon!

Wandering trough the woods, exploring..

Gravediggers3.png

I discover a cemetary..

Gravediggers1.png

When I stumble into a couple of gravediggers, wether they are digging graves down.. or if they are actually diggin them up I have no clue, they didint seem to like me interfering them tho!

Gravediggers2.png

~

This is what Im working on right now, I'll post some of the underground soon~

Edit: Yeah I know its looking alot like my earlier cemetary! But thats just because its the style I think suits a cemetary the best, the underground wont be similar tho!

Was already wondering when the next pics would come, nice nice ! :D second pic <3

Last edited:
I like most of the cemetery's house, fits very well the scenario, but maybe you should use a bit more of gargoyles on the fences instead of these ugly monuments, gargoyles are never too much.

The graves are extremely random, you can put them more on random places but that just looks like some earthquake shaked it around and then a gigantic shitsomething kicked everything around
*didn't... not being a prick but you keep on making the mistake by saying didint and all that.

@ Limos: thanks :]

@ Siegh: well I thought it would be to much with that many gargoyles ;o

@ Decrik: thanks xd

@ Luffy: Ehm.. okay? gravel is usually randomly placed.. since gravel in rl often are here and there being kicked around ^.- And who gives a shit if I write didn't or didint? Its just internet slangs all the time anyway its not like u dont get what Im saying..

@ Hiper: you really need a new screen!! Doing them brighter would loose the dark midnight feeling xd

I think what luffy is referring to is that the actual "graves" look a little scattered. The fact is, mostly only large graveyards have the graves uniformly spaced, to fit the maximum amount of graves. In a small graveyard like this I don't think it matters. A lot of small graveyards have scattered plots. (but ye luffys got a point, there is such a thing as "too" scattered, you should line a few up imo, like a family buried together :))

HAHA WOPS XD Im tired .. Yeah I read gravels xD - anyway yes what Bintzer said is exactly what my response would be.

with 2.25x more gamma, I can see, but why do I need to increase it all the time =____='

with 2.25x more gamma, I can see, but why do I need to increase it all the time =____='

Well if the majority see the pics pretty good its most likely good if you keep it that way mate since u've had repeatably problem seeing pics :]

The activity of the mappers have been really low lately, so we are looking for fresh mappers to the team who actually wants to be a part of this team and finish the server.

So even tho you've probably seen the application thread, I'll announce again : Scarlet Horn ARE looking for new mappers to the team. Mappers who have time and wants to finish this project.

Please welcome Swordfish to the team!

I like Swordfish <3

And at the cemetery, I don't think the roof fits with those walls, I don't like it, but it's just my point of view, rest looks clean and good.
Güt lük ;D

I thought I'll give you some informations about our topics, while we're working on the server.
We work like day and night on it, fix that, move that, edit that and what not...

Sometimes conversations get weird...

Zyntax says:
why don't you just cancel real life?
Hesten says:
XD
Zyntax says:
xD
Hesten says:
cant find the damn cancel button
-.-
Zyntax says:
it's well hidden!
xD
Hesten says:t
=D
Zyntax says:
I'm searching like 25 years for it now..
Hesten says:
hahaha

... cancel real life? ... what?

We need more coffee... xD

If you are out of ideas you could build a beautiful school (I know it will be beautiful if you map it). Add pupils and teachers, maybe passive and not attacking? And then players can go there and kill them

If you are out of ideas you could build a beautiful school (I know it will be beautiful if you map it). Add pupils and teachers, maybe passive and not attacking? And then players can go there and kill them

Haha sounds like a good idea, Knatte1 was working on something similar, Im currently working on a graveyard-tomb but when Im done I could prolly try that out!

But what do you mean really.. They should be passive but the players should still go there and kill them? XD Either it'll be monsters or just a school for npcs :p I'll see what it'll end up as when I do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back