• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster [Gamemaster] Qualifyed, experienced and professional Gamemaster looking more duties!

Laur1

Banned User
Reaction score
Qualified, experienced and professional Gamemaster searching for more duties! UPDATED

Greetings everyone!

Application updated 30.5.2014

- Who am I? -

I'm Lauri Laukkanen (Larry), 26 years old man from middle Finland, city of Jyväskylä. I'm living alone in my own house and I have a stable work in a woodworking company nearby. My girlfriend is working in the same company, and she's moving in my apartment this autumn.
I served in the Air Force as a sergeant for a year, trainer of new soldiers. I was promoted to sergeant out of 28 possible guys. I've always loved to lead, organize and administrate things. I've also worked as an icehockey referee so I know the meaning of words "fair play" and playing by the rules. In GM things, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist I guess :)

- Me and Open-Tibia, now and then -

I've been playing real Tibia for around 9 years now. I had a 180 level druid in Danubia. I'm familiar with 3 former real Tibia Gamemasters, who are now Senators. Got known to them and they invited me to their guild years ago. I found out about Open-Tibia servers around 7 years ago, I played a little and almost immediately turned to create and develop Open-Tibia servers.
I've had alot of my own servers all the way from 7.4. to 8.60. War servers, Realmap, 100% custom maps and so on. I've made scripts, maps, websites, LUA, C++... Everything concerning Open-Tibia servers. I'd say that I know something about everything in OT's.
Nowadays, I'm retired in developing or creating servers, I'm only playing OT's for official positions in game. I've had tutor, senior tutor, Gamemaster and Community Manager characters in hundreds of servers. I've basically been in every single situation where you can get in an official position and I've learned alot from them.

- My previous duties -

I was a head Gamemaster in 2nd oldest OT of OTservlist Aldora War 7.6. I've was in that position for long time and my job in Aldora War was Gamemaster recruiting and update designing. I've recruited and also banned some Gamemasters and I really know the requirements of being a good GM. As Aldora War was a war server, it really gave me the years of experience to detect players, who are using cheating tools in combat situations.

Some of you may also remember Danera realmap 7.6, which was closed earlier in the spring. Me and Jakub (the owner of the server) did quite good job there together. He saw my application and appointed me to Gamemaster in the early days of Danera. From then on, we went through alot of issues together, all over from being hacked to basic botter spotting. I deleted a few of our Gamemasters there also, for using their position to gain personal advantage with their abilities. I made probably 95% of the unique mapping in Danera, including Pits of Inferno quest and Ferumbras tower and the island. I also created few new quests with unique creatures, areas and items. If you want, you can ask from Jakub about and check his opinion. He's using the name "atyll" here in OTLand. I was also working with Dominique in Alchera Open Source server, which was a great project, even though it didn't quite work in the end. My job under Dominique's command was to recruit and monitor the Head Gamemaster and the Gamemaster team.

- Me as a Gamemaster -

First of all, I always use the name "GM Lauri" on my main Gamemaster character :) I may also have a semi-retired player character called "Lauri" aswell. I ofcourse avoid playing on it, it's simply impossible. I may have a secret player character on the specific server but I'm likely the only one who knows about it.

While I'm wearing the blue cape, I'm a calm, smiling and kind wanderer around the plains and I may sometimes pop up in different channels or events to entertain everyone with my knock-knock joke skills! I always try to keep a little spark in my eye. But beware, if you dare to violate the rules on my territory, I'm there faster than a desert wind and you're punished before the dust falls! :)

Here's some of by principles:
As a Gamemaster or another staff character, I...

- Don't have private conversations with players, if that's not really needed in an investigation.
- Don't showup to players like standing in depot or running in cities.
- Never stay afk on my character. If I go somewhere from the computer, I log out from the game.
- Always resign from the position, if I'm not capable to fulfill it, instead of just leaving without informing the other staff members.
- Stay in a place, where players can't get and scroll the channels in case of rule violations.
- Always keep all possible public channels opened.
- Always try to find the way to help players or fellow staff members, when it's needed.
- Go to city or investigation area with invisible mode on, and I turn it off only if it's needed.
- Don't test any commands and I use them only when it's needed for me to fulfill my duties.
- Don't wear any equipment except a backpack with shovel, rope, pick, machete, scythe and maybe some travelling cash if it's needed.
- Only respond in Help-channel if tutors are not enough.
- Always think of every single consequence of my actions.
- Investigate a rule violation properly and without a haste.
- Surf on forums to keep an eye on players.
- Stay calm and try to keep my working qualified.
- Stay direct and precise about the rules and my principles.

- Use the common rules of English language like dots, question marks, exclamation marks, comma, capital letters etc.
- Never abuse or misuse my position or character abilities in way, which could profit me or another person.
- Respect my superiors, fellow staff members and all players.
- Don't stick my nose in every situation, I know how the things can handle on their own weight. I'm there, when it's really needed, if it's not, I'm out.

I can work as:

- Gamemaster
- Head Gamemaster
- Community Manager
- Customer Support
- Administrator
- Co-owner
- Other support positions

I have a real Tibia Gamemaster Reference, which is a file, what CipSoft used to give to every new Gamemaster as a reading material. There is good tips and very detailed rules.

- What do I expect from other staff members? -

Well, basics you can see above. I assist that the common rules are made clear to everybody. I expect mature conversations and seamless cooperation between all staff members, no matter what's the position. It's always good to ask and figure things out. Nobody can know everything.

For example:

Some time ago I had a GM character in a realmap server. When I created that account, I ofcourse had to accept the server rules. There was clearly written that it's against the rules to use unofficial software to play and it leads into a banishment. Well, first day I got reported like 4 or 5 botters and I ofcourse banned them all. The server owner got mad because I didn't teleport them into their hometown temples and I banned his real-life friend. I never heard anything about that botters have to be teleported. Ofcourse I would do so but for christ sake, tell your fellow staff members about this kind of things and change your rules!

I don't want this kind of things to happen again. I want that the whole staff works together, respect eachothers and they have straight contacts to eachothers, even outside of the game. I expect open cooperation and advising eachothers. Everybody makes mistakes sometimes.

I'm searching for real and serious jobs only. YouroxmenzIhefservercomtoBeGMinmyRox9999xServe-guys can forget it.

- How to contact me? -

If you are interested about taking me to full active duty on your server, you can add me to MSN Messenger contacts, my adress is [email protected]
I'm also available in Skype with user name Eldriedox. I'm also able to use ventrilo, if needed.
In Facebook I can be found as Lauri Laukkanen

You can ofcourse also send a private message here on OTLand!

Like and REP+ if you liked it!

Waiting for replys...
Kind regards - GM Lauri.

Last edited:
Interested in a scripter job on my server? I got a custom Evo 8.40. write in pvt for more information.

Uhm i will take you! ;D Add me msn: [email protected]

Project:Blackeaven
Full edited map
Loking for one webdisnager/scripter/gm<-- your postion

If you work and help ppls u get promoted and promoted ;D

I wanna be GM!

Name: Alex
Experince: 5 years
Job: God, CM or GM, mapping too.
Email Adrees: PM me if i'm the chosen one xD

UP! Contact me at friday for more duties, send a private message here or add me to MSN and I'll log in as soon as I can.

I'm currently working on a Gamemaster Reference, which is a file from real Tibia GMs. I'll edit it to more OT-friendly and I can show it to my superiors if I can get a position, it works as some sort of application too.

Thanks in advance!

Back