• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster [Gamemaster] Qualifyed, experienced and professional Gamemaster looking more duties!

I get a laugh when people on here make threads claiming to be "qualified" gamemasters. Then they go into detail to explain what they will and will not do as a GM. Some, like this guy, even go as far as calling themselves a "professional gamemaster". :D

There is no 'qualification' or 'certification' to be a GM and no, nobody here is a professional GM. If you claim to be a professional GM, then what are the requirements for the title? It's black and white, really. You are either good at it or you're not. Jotting down a page's worth of jitter jabber doesn't put you above anyone else or show that you're capable of fulfilling the position properly, in my opinion. Potential candidates are best noticed by their conduct in game. Actions speak louder than words. Anyone can say that they're qualified and go on to say what they would and wouldn't do.

But hey, that's just my two cents.

Last edited:
Well, good points.

But it's quite hard to show your working as a Gamemaster if you don't have a chance to get such a position. And people rarely give you the position without you explaining your work abit, like I did here.

Annoying circle :)

Actually, I would consider lending you a chance... except my server is far from being finished as the development team has stricken a week vacation from hard work. :/ Sadly, the server itself won't be open to the public until about January... If you're still around by then, I'll give you a crash course to work with (basic Gamemaster account that's monitored 24/7) and see where you go with that.

I'm always open to giving someone an opportunity when someone else brings them down about it. I know from experience that people lose faith over the most ridiculous things; sure, you can't exactly be a Professional at being a Gamemaster, but perhaps you can work well by doing it... Maybe you have a good 'know-how' and people skills. I'm always open to find out, what you can do. ...honestly we just need someone to handle scripts so this could go by faster, but seeing as how you don't like a lazy staff (Nor do I), but most of mine are the laziest bunch of folk you'll ever meet. :p ...or maybe it's just that they have lives outside of the virtual world. Whatever the case, it shouldn't stop you from having standards.

Honestly, I believe the more mumbo-jumbo that you include on an application such as this, the more informed us developers are about who you are, and what your morals are. I would rather hire someone who gave me some information about them, than someone I know nothing about. Even if it was a completely made up thread just to get a Gamemaster and screw over the server... it's a good thing we can plan ahead... Your plan A, is to always have a Plan B.

Perhaps if you wanted to just talk sometime, or lend me a hand or two on a few scripts, much would be appreciated. Always checking Inbox on here... but that's if you want to, not really bumming or anything. Just hard doing everything myself.

Anyways, good luck on your Gamemaster forms, and such...
~Jabba

Last edited:
Well, good points.

But it's quite hard to show your working as a Gamemaster if you don't have a chance to get such a position. And people rarely give you the position without you explaining your work abit, like I did here.

Annoying circle :)

I understand how it can be an annoying circle. I guess I'm just more accustomed to seeing people perform and then be asked if they would put on the cape. ;)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Well your not Head GM in Aldora no more cos its closed for ever now

- - - Updated - - -

Which is sad cos that was my fav server

Hello Laur1.

I've read your application and am a bit interested to "employ" you for my upcoming server.

I got one question tho. Do you have any good "Marketing/Advertisement" skills?

My server will be a 8.6 Real Server with full quest log and a lot of custom sh*t going on.
There will be no donations at all. the Dedicated will be payed by my pay check ;)

I'm working alone on the server and will be in need of staff members to keep the server clean.

The position will start out as a gamemaster role and if everything goes well you will be promoted to head gamemaster to be in charge of other staff members.

PM me if you want any more info or have any questions.

Application recently updated so up we go again!

- - - Updated - - -

Application recently updated so up we go again!

Do you have any contact with cato? do you know if he would sell his war ot?

Lording: I do have a contact to Cato still. You can also try here in OTLand though. But I can tell you that he is likely not selling the server nor anything concerning the original Aldora War.

Havocbringer: Yes we know that :)

Lording: I do have a contact to Cato still. You can also try here in OTLand though. But I can tell you that he is likely not selling the server nor anything concerning the original Aldora War.

Havocbringer: Yes we know that :)
Besides that, you are recommended. I've heard good things about you.

Back