• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Action [1.3] Minecraft style crafting-table 🛠

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
1,244
Solutions
71
Reaction score
543
Location
Hell
How to setup
  • Create 3x3 areas
  • place a lever on the desired side of the area. (North, West, South or East).
  • set actionid according to where the lever is relative to the center of the area. These actionIDs can be configured in the config part.
Skärmavbild 2021-04-08 kl. 22.51.19.pngSkärmavbild 2021-04-08 kl. 22.54.03.png
Skärmavbild 2021-04-08 kl. 22.55.38.png
Skärmavbild 2021-04-08 kl. 22.57.57.png




global.lua
Lua:
CRAFTING = {
    -- Demon Backpack
    {
        patternList = {
            {{5954, 1}, {5911, 1}, {5954, 1}},
            {        0, {1988, 1},         0},
            {        0,         0,         0}
        },
        output = {10518, 1}
    },
    -- Scarab Amulet
    {
        patternList = {
            {        0, {2130, 1},         0},
            {{2159, 1}, {2159, 1}, {2159, 1}},
            {        0,         0,         0}
        },
        output = {2135, 1}
    }
}

data/scripts/craftingtable.lua
Lua:
--[[
    https://otland.net/members/snavy.155163/
    ###################################################################
    ###   _____ _____            ______ _______ _____ _   _  _____  ###
    ###  / ____|  __ \     /\   |  ____|__   __|_   _| \ | |/ ____| ###
    ### | |    | |__) |   /  \  | |__     | |    | | |  \| | |  __  ###
    ### | |    |  _  /   / /\ \ |  __|    | |    | | | . ` | | |_ | ###
    ### | |____| | \ \  / ____ \| |       | |   _| |_| |\  | |__| | ###
    ###  \_____|_|  \_\/_/    \_\_|       |_|  |_____|_| \_|\_____| ###
    ###################################################################
]]
local config = {
    -- set to 0 if you don't want any delay.
    CRAFTING_DELAY         = 5, -- seconds
    CRAFTING_DELAY_STORAGE = 187013,

    -- You probably don't wanna change this.
    TILE_MAX_ITEMS = 1,

    leverActionId = {
        -- The directions are relative to the
        -- center position of the crafting area.
        -- For example, the following setup should have actionid NORTH
        --   L
        -- . . .
        -- . . .
        -- . . .
        NORTH = 12345,
        WEST  = 12346,
        SOUTH = 12347,
        EAST  = 12348
    },

    -- You don't need to modify the following,
    -- .. area corners will be calculated
    -- .. based on the selected lever-action-id.
    craftingArea = {
        TOP_LEFT     = nil,
        BOTTOM_RIGHT = nil
    }
}
---------------------[ Don't touch ]--------------------
local positionModifier = {}
positionModifier[config.leverActionId.NORTH] = { 0,  2}
positionModifier[config.leverActionId.WEST]  = { 2,  0}
positionModifier[config.leverActionId.SOUTH] = { 0, -2}
positionModifier[config.leverActionId.EAST]  = {-2,  0}
local function calculatePositions(leverActionId, leverPosition)
    -- Define CENTER_POS and copy leverPosition
    local CENTER_POS = Position(leverPosition.x, leverPosition.y, leverPosition.z)
    -- Modify x & y based on given actionid
    CENTER_POS.x = CENTER_POS.x + positionModifier[leverActionId][1]
    CENTER_POS.y = CENTER_POS.y + positionModifier[leverActionId][2]
    -- calculate corners using CENTER_POS
    config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT     = Position(CENTER_POS.x-1, CENTER_POS.y-1, CENTER_POS.z)
    config.craftingArea.BOTTOM_RIGHT = Position(CENTER_POS.x+1, CENTER_POS.y+1, CENTER_POS.z)
end
--------------------------------------------------------
local function removeTableItems()
    local z = config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT.z
    for x = config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT.x, config.craftingArea.BOTTOM_RIGHT.x do
        for y = config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT.y, config.craftingArea.BOTTOM_RIGHT.y do
            local tile = Tile(x, y, z)
            local tileItems = tile:getItems()
            if tileItems then
                for _, item in pairs(tileItems) do
                    item:remove()
                    Position(x, y, z):sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_POFF)
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

local function tableIsEqual(tableA, tableB)
    if #tableA ~= #tableB then
        return false
    end

    for index_i, row in pairs(tableA) do
        for index_j, col in pairs(row) do
            ------------------------------------------------------
            local f = (function(tableA, tableB, i, j)
                local itemA = tableA[i][j]
                local itemB = tableB[i][j]

                -- not same type means not same recepie, skip.
                if type(itemA) ~= type(itemB) then
                    return false
                end

                -- probably both == 0, skip.
                if type(itemA) ~= 'table' then
                    return true
                end

                --[ compare itemid & itemCount ]--
                -- not same itemID
                if (itemA[1] ~= itemB[1])
                or (itemA[2] ~= itemB[2]) then
                    return false
                end
                return true
            end)(tableA, tableB, index_i, index_j)
            ------------------------------------------------------
            if not f then
                return false
            end
        end
    end
    return true
end

local function findCraftingRecepie(craftingTable)
    for _, recepie in pairs(CRAFTING) do
        if tableIsEqual(craftingTable, recepie.patternList) then
            return recepie
        end
    end
    return false
end

local function scanCraftingArea(player)
    if not config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT or not config.craftingArea.BOTTOM_RIGHT then
        print('[Error - Crafting::scanCraftingArea] Corners not calculated.')
        return false
    end

    local tempTable = {}
    local z = config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT.z
    for y = config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT.y, config.craftingArea.BOTTOM_RIGHT.y do
        local innerTempTable = {}
        for x = config.craftingArea.TOP_LEFT.x, config.craftingArea.BOTTOM_RIGHT.x do
            local tile = Tile(x, y, z)
            if not tile then
                print('[Error - Crafting::scanCraftingArea] Tile not found.')
                return false
            end

            local tileItems = tile:getItems()
            if #tileItems > config.TILE_MAX_ITEMS then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_SMALL, 'Too many items on tile! Max: ' .. config.TILE_MAX_ITEMS)
                return false
            end

            if #tileItems == 0 then
                table.insert(innerTempTable, 0)
            else
                for _, item in pairs(tileItems) do
                    table.insert(innerTempTable, {item:getId(), item:getCount()})
                end
            end
        end
        table.insert(tempTable, innerTempTable)
    end
    return tempTable
end

local ct = Action()
function ct.onUse(player, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
    if config.CRAFTING_DELAY > 0 then
        local lastCraftingTime = player:getStorageValue(config.CRAFTING_DELAY_STORAGE)
        if lastCraftingTime > os.time() then
            player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_SMALL, 'You have to wait ' .. (lastCraftingTime - os.time()) .. ' seconds before you can craft again.')
            fromPosition:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_POFF)
            return true
        end
    end

    calculatePositions(item.actionid, fromPosition)

    local craftingTable = scanCraftingArea(player)
    if not craftingTable then
        return true
    end

    local recepie = findCraftingRecepie(craftingTable)
    if not recepie then
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_SMALL, 'Unknown recepie.')
        fromPosition:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_POFF)
        return true
    end

    local itemData  = recepie.output
    local itemId    = itemData[1]
    local itemCount = itemData[2]

    local it        = ItemType(itemId)
    local itemX     = Game.createItem(itemId, itemCount)
    local addItemX  = player:addItemEx(itemX, false)

    local playerCapacity = player:getFreeCapacity()

    if ((not addItemX) or addItemX ~= 0)
    or (it:getWeight() > playerCapacity) then
        local depot = player:getDepotChest(player:getTown():getId(), true)
        depot:addItemEx(itemX, INDEX_WHEREEVER, FLAG_NOLIMIT)
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE, it:getName() .. ' ('.. itemCount ..'x) has been sent to your depot.')
        removeTableItems()
        return true
    end

    player:setStorageValue(config.CRAFTING_DELAY_STORAGE, config.CRAFTING_DELAY + os.time())
    player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE, 'You have successfully crafted '.. it:getName() .. ' ('.. itemCount ..'x).')
    player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE)
    removeTableItems()
    return true
end

ct:aid(
    config.leverActionId.NORTH,
    config.leverActionId.WEST,
    config.leverActionId.SOUTH,
    config.leverActionId.EAST
)
ct:register()


PREVIEW
crafting_1.gif crafting_2.gif



Support
If you find bugs/errors, create a new thread on support board.
 

Pedrinpo

New Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
I liked it, simple and functional, I will use it (I just found it strange that a golden amulet becomes a scabarb hahah)
 

Musaab

NoxOts
Premium User
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
161
Reaction score
69
Location
Sweden
Does it always have to be a pattern in global.lua like below?

Lua:
        patternList = {
            {{5954, 1},         {5911, 1},            {5954, 1}},
            {           0,          {1988, 1},                0},
            {           0,               0,                      0}
        },

It feels rather unnecessary, not sure either how the player is supposed to know witch tiles to add the item upon?

Other then that works 100% :]
 

Evil Puncker

prolonged absenteeism
TFS Developer
Joined
May 30, 2009
Messages
7,683
Solutions
182
Reaction score
3,476
Does it always have to be a pattern in global.lua like below?
yes, that is how minecraft style works, that way you can craft different things with same ingredients just by changing its layout
 

Musaab

NoxOts
Premium User
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
161
Reaction score
69
Location
Sweden
I see, never played it my self so thx for the info xD , have any clue on how to put information to the players on how to inform witch layout to use for witch items, without any UI system?
 

Evil Puncker

prolonged absenteeism
TFS Developer
Joined
May 30, 2009
Messages
7,683
Solutions
182
Reaction score
3,476
I see, never played it my self so thx for the info xD , have any clue on how to put information to the players on how to inform witch layout to use for witch items, without any UI system?
the two ideas that came to my mind right now:
  • pictures in the website (like a wiki)
  • a map area with the ingredients and layout so they can have a preview
 
Last edited:

Evil Puncker

prolonged absenteeism
TFS Developer
Joined
May 30, 2009
Messages
7,683
Solutions
182
Reaction score
3,476
I've had a few ideas and will leave them here (
so you can add them to your to-do list 😁
)

  1. add a timer to the creation process, for example: it will take 30 seconds for the crafting to finish (yes this can be problematic)
  2. add success rate option, so crafting may fail (also it opens opportunity for creating crafting skill, boosts etc)
  3. add the possibility to make the result random in both item ID and item count (for stackables), for example: recipe A can create either an Axe with 95% chance, or an Fire Axe with 5% chance. second example: recipe B can create from 5 to 100 arrows
 

Evil Hero

Legacy Member
TFS Developer
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
1,235
Solutions
25
Reaction score
644
Location
Germany
How about if you include one more tile, where it shows a preview (which you cannot pickup etc) of the item which gets created, so people will immediately see if what they have placed there belongs together and what the outcome would be, like you place everything on the ground and then the preview item pops up
 
OP
Snavy

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
1,244
Solutions
71
Reaction score
543
Location
Hell
How about if you include one more tile, where it shows a preview (which you cannot pickup etc) of the item which gets created, so people will immediately see if what they have placed there belongs together and what the outcome would be, like you place everything on the ground and then the preview item pops up
I like this idea xD gonna add this

I've had a few ideas and will leave them here (
so you can add them to your to-do list 😁
)

  1. add a timer to the creation process, for example: it will take 30 seconds for the crafting to finish (yes this can be problematic)
  2. add success rate option, so crafting may fail (also it opens opportunity for creating crafting skill, boosts etc)
  3. add the possibility to make the result random in both item ID and item count (for stackables), for example: recipe A can create either an Axe with 95% chance, or an Fire Axe with 5% chance. second example: recipe B can create from 5 to 100 arrows

xD added to todo list
 
Top