• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

2rec//Mapping thread

These are even better than the previous. I like how you put the mangrooves sprite on the second picture and the wooden windows.

I also liked the bridge and the stone valley. The overal color sceme and atmosphere of the city is beyond amazing.

What do u think about the idea of “carving“ houses into stone walls?

These are even better than the previous. I like how you put the mangrooves sprite on the second picture and the wooden windows.

I also liked the bridge and the stone valley. The overal color sceme and atmosphere of the city is beyond amazing.

What do u think about the idea of “carving“ houses into stone walls?
Carved like into the mountain? Not bad idea. But maybe in another town.

Is this town part of ur underground map project? Like that underground river city?

So, i tried to shape this gate(middlepart) so it looks a bit like an anvil, since it's another dwarven town i came up with.
Does it even look right? Ideas?
---
screenshot_2018-10-2-23-19-34.png
---​

To make the shape pop a little more it would be a good idea to change the stone floor on floor +1, just to get that contrast in.
otherwise it looks really cool. i like it.

Hello, i must say i dont like the shape. It doest look like an anvil and it looks aso bit strange. But i like how u put the city wall into the mountain side

Elven village gate
---
View attachment 33414
---​

I love it! Really well done for sure, but to be perfectly honest, and only in MY PERSONAL OPINION, it doesn't really speak "Elf" for me. I get more of a "heritage asian" vibe from it, considering the use of walls, roofing style, lanterns, and bamboos.

Again, totally imo, but either way, its freaking beautiful <3

I love it! Really well done for sure, but to be perfectly honest, and only in MY PERSONAL OPINION, it doesn't really speak "Elf" for me. I get more of a "heritage asian" vibe from it, considering the use of walls, roofing style, lanterns, and bamboos.

Again, totally imo, but either way, its freaking beautiful <3
It is an asian style absolutely. I'm trying to build different lore instead of this common one.

Looks great, but I agree with iMadison. Looks 100% more like an Asian village than an Elf village.
Who knows, maybe we can find an elven Bruce Lee there?
I'll make a decent dojo for him.

Thanks for love.

It's looking great. But it's not really an artwork signatured by the 2Rec I'm familiar with.
This village isn't near your mapping capability.

This is the only time I've been underwhelmed by a mapping piece of yours.

It's looking great. But it's not really an artwork signatured by the 2Rec I'm familiar with.
This village isn't near your mapping capability.

This is the only time I've been underwhelmed by a mapping piece of yours.
Thanks. I really want to pull off that oriental style.
Do you have something particular in mind that should've been changed?

I think i'll make latter north part of a town "densier". Maybe i should change the grounds?

Back