• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

3,661 Items for 8.54

artofwork

Reaction score
I wrote a script to help me speed up the development process by extracting all the itemid's and their names from items.xml for 8.54.

This should make it much simpler for people to build table structures.

Its just a plan text file enjoy!

Last edited:
And where's the script?

I'm keeping the script xD

Took me all day to make.

You get the names and their id's, doesn't say script on the thread title says "3,661 Items for 8.54"

Last edited:
i can make it D: but why i will do it ? S:
io.open, write, blabla...

Took me all day to make.

lol

@Edit:
I know you wrote in lua but it's roxiest! xD
Code:
<?PHP
	$fajl = simplexml_load_file("D:/OpenTibia/theforgottenserver-svn/trunk/data/items/items.xml");
	$out = "Chojrak pwnz!!!!";
	foreach($fajl->item as $item)
		$out .= "\n{$item['name']} - {$item['id']},";

$fejl = fopen("./outlog.txt", "w");
	fputs($fejl, $out, strlen($out) + 1);
	fclose($fejl);
?>

Last edited:
Took me all day to make.

PHP:
<?php
        if(file_exists($path = '/home/migxxx/tfs/data/items/items.xml') && $xml = simplexml_load_file($path))
                foreach($xml as $xmlx)
                        echo($xmlx['name'].' = '.$xmlx['id'].',<br />');
?>

???

I didn't write it in lua

I wrote it in php but thanks for making an attempt, your code is much more efficient then what i had made, I hope to learn from it.

I don't like to release or help people with scripts unless they actually try to build them themselfs, because people are leechers here and expect or exploit others work and make money from it for their own personal gain.

Rep points mean nothing especially in the real world, ask yourself will rep points put you through college, keep a roof over your head, feed you and your family.

These people do not contribute in anyway to the growth of this community.

Last edited:
giving them the list is supplying leechers more than giving them the script, the script will atleast make the use it and possibly learn from it.
(give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime)

giving them the list is supplying leechers more than giving them the script, the script will atleast make the use it and possibly learn from it.

The only reason I released the list of items with their id's is because i like to help others learn.

To simplify the process of creating tables rather then creating a small table with just their id's.

These items can now be declared globally and be used anywhere in their scripts explicitly

Once they start asking rather then trying to figure out something like this script on how it could be done, then i consider that asking for too much or just plain out leeching.

The two posters above Migxxx & Chojrak at least tried to mimic what i produced and were successful at it.

(give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime)

How is giving them the script, allowing them to learn how to accomplish something?

I didn't bother to look here to the forums if there was such a script, I actually tried to build it myself and was successful in the process.

When mommy and daddy are gone who will hold their hand then?

Back