• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.4] Dura -- Making Tibia Challenging Again, Same Game New Meta. Tibia For Adults. --

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tony32 @Xikini @TimeToShine

On "Firewalker"

We've reduced activation time from 30 seconds to 20 seconds. We're still playing around with Firewalker and re-evaluating it for balance. We still think Xikini's idea of mana for each step is viable, and potentially TimeToShine's idea of lowering damage per field.

If you are looking for spell ideas:

Summons a mystic flame on your current position, casting the spell again in X seconds will teleport you to the mystic flame. Good to make some escapes :) or dodge some creatures.

If you are looking for spell ideas:

Summons a mystic flame on your current position, casting the spell again in X seconds will teleport you to the mystic flame. Good to make some escapes :) or dodge some creatures.

Sounds broken as fuck. Imagine going for a risky push in close battle scenario, and if you fail you just go back to the mystic flame, repeat till you succeed. Same shit happens for the defending side - you get pushed? Np, let me just go back to my spot real quick.

Sounds broken as fuck. Imagine going for a risky push in close battle scenario, and if you fail you just go back to the mystic flame, repeat till you succeed. Same shit happens for the defending side - you get pushed? Np, let me just go back to my spot real quick.

This works like LeBlanc spell on LoL, the mystic flame can be guarded or even denied with magic wall. Also you have limited time to go back to it.

@Under Influence @Recreant

I thought it was a little too powerful myself (mystic flame spell) as it would nullify a lot of the basic elements of what makes 7.4 gameplay. However I loved the imagination of the idea. I do see down the road utilizing this type of function for Quests or certain Grounds; I think it has a lot of applicability when it comes to monsters and giving certain areas dynamism.
Post automatically merged:

Another aspect is that it could provide the caster with a temporary (full or partial) immunity to fire fields. It would give the spell multiple uses as it would allow you to run through caves of fire (e.g dragon lord caves) in a safer manner.

@Worr But don't you think that would be too OP. To have fire immunity (even if partial) and at the same time to be able to cover the world in fire?

Last edited:
Some screenshots from one of our Testers from this past week:

c00054443fc1a5aa8f40f8c2440ab74c.png

6fd247e48504e43f88bb3590557a1bc9.png

We can't wait to see how these raids do on the Real Server.

See you
Aris

Exiva or Find Person on Dura has had a slight modification that adds up to a major improvement.

Switch to 1080p

Normally Exiva has a cooldown of 2 seconds, meaning you can essentially do it infinitely. This seemed a major imbalance to us -- being able to track a person infinitely. So we've fixed it. On Dura Exiva has a much longer cooldown than the normal one. We believe this will make it more competitive and require greater skill to use in timing, map knowledge, and enemy anticipation; allowing for more dynamic PvP.

Let us know what you think.

Exiva or Find Person on Dura has had a slight modification that adds up to a major improvement.

Switch to 1080p

Normally Exiva has a cooldown of 2 seconds, meaning you can essentially do it infinitely. This seemed a major imbalance to us -- being able to track a person infinitely. So we've fixed it. On Dura Exiva has a much longer cooldown than the normal one. We believe this will make it more competitive and require greater skill to use in timing, map knowledge, and enemy anticipation; allowing for more dynamic PvP.

Let us know what you think.

Love the change. It is way too easy to locate players with standard exiva, moreover as long as you know the map well you can roughly assume where the player is after 1-2 casts. Makes sneaking way easier and forces you to use scout chars etc because yoy can get tracked within seconds.

I even think that adding a 30 second cooldown would be fine, and it could be bypassed only by being in the same party/guild as the player you're trying to locate.

One of more interesting solutions to exiva was introduced on medivia strife, where it didnt show exact directions. It just told you "player x is very far/far/nearby/close/lower level" and it made sneaks harder than usual and i loved that change. It actually took time to find someone you wanted to kill.

Last edited:

It has long been a miserable thought of ours that there are so many Houses and Guildhalls offering nothing to the game if they are unowned. For years we wanted all players to be able to look at their houses before they bought them, maybe even make a temporary, though dangerous home in them until they are bought. And with this patch we've done that.

• On Dura you can enter Unowned Houses.
  • On Dura you cannot enter Owned Houses unless you are invited or you own it.
  • On Dura you can use doors on Unowned Houses.
  • On Dura you can use beds on Unowned Houses.
  • On Dura Unowned Houses are not a Protection Zone. You may attack or be attacked by Players.
  • Abuse of such systems has been anticipated and safeguarded against.

Don't Forget:

• On Dura Guildhalls can be bought just like houses, you do not need to have a guild.
  • On Dura you can own any amount of houses, there is no limit.
  • On Dura there is a monthly rent.
  • (On Dura there is no cheating, MC'ing, or Botting allowed, nor P2W)
  • On Dura house/guildhall price Rise and Fall automatically relative to Active Player Population

This is not one of the most important or even one of the best of the unique systems Dura has; however, for me personally this is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see what this allows for PvP. It should add tactics and strategy, as well as dimension to fighting and battles. Guildhalls are like natural playgrounds.

@Worr But don't you think that would be too OP. To have fire immunity (even if partial) and at the same time to be able to cover the world in fire?

It doesn't seem too powerful. Flat damage in PvP a.k.a element fields are generally used in low levels. Exception would probably be in higher level sorc vs sorc when trying to cheese UE combo but I don't think either player would be running around in a room of fire.

Here's some lootpics from our Testers after a couple raids. An Amazon/Valkyrie raid at the King's Castle and a Dragon Raid somewhere in the forests of Dura.

unknown.png

746c1876913fca43ff496d16a0230cf6.png

Remember on Dura Raids happen frequently throughout the day. You will ALWAYS see Raids occuring on Dura when you're online.
Also remember that on Dura Raid Monsters give bonuses such as extra loot or extra experience, or other bonuses.

Thanks,
Aris

Patch Notes:

• Monk Loot greatly improved. Buff
  • Banshee Loot slightly improved. Buff
  • Minotaur Loot reduced significantly. Nerf They will still be extremely profitable and highly valued but their loot rate will no longer be better than every other monster by leaps.

On Dura Exiva has longer cooldown than normal one. We believe this will make it more competitive and require greater skill to use in timing, map knowledge, and enemy anticipation
Exiva used to be hard before it showed higher or lower floor. Nearby player was always "standing next to you" while he could be above or below you didn't know. We were just noobs but if you lost track or someone was well hidden sometimes we kept running circles and just couldn't find. After update we laughed "lol so easy to find person now"
It is way too easy to locate players with standard exiva

Last edited:
Exiva used to be hard before it showed higher or lower floor. Nearby player was always "standing next to you" while he could be above or below you didn't know. We were just noobs but if you lost track or someone was well hidden sometimes we kept running circles and just couldn't find. After update we laughed "lol so easy to find person now"

You're right Fist. Taking away Z-axis might be one of the best ways to solve exiva. I've noted it and we're going to experiment. Thanks!

I'd like to say up front that we're aware of potential imbalances and problems with this spell. We will be looking to your feedback and ideas very much as to what to do with the spell: to Buff the spell, to Nerf the spell, or to Eliminate the spell altogether. Also for any creative ideas of how to change or alter it. We don't want it to change the core mechanics of the game; only amplify them.

Bind is a custom spell for high-level Knights which allows them to combine items of the same type together to form longer lasting, or in some cases stronger items, for the cost of mana and the items total charges or duration.

However Bind can only be performed at special locations found deep throughout Dura.

Currently Bind only has utility for Stone Skin Amulets and Might Rings. We're still considering what to do with rings e.g sword/time ring and other amulets, e.g elven/dragon; evaluating how much stronger to make them, at what cost, and with what ceiling cap. And in no rush to do so as the level required for the spell is 100, so we have time to come to a proper decision and system.

The spell currently, for charges, takes roughly 10% each use for SSA and MR.

An example to the results of the Spell:

1 SSA, 5 Charge + 1 SSA, 5 Charge Cost + 500 Mana = 1 SSA, 9 Charge

1 SSA, 9 Charge + 1 SSA, 9 Charge Cost + 500 Mana = 1 SSA, 17 Charge

1 SSA, 17 Charge + 1 SSA, 17 Charge Cost + 500 Mana = 1 SSA, 31 Charge

Looking forward to your thoughts :)

I'd like to say up front that we're aware of potential imbalances and problems with this spell. We will be looking to your feedback and ideas very much as to what to do with the spell: to Buff the spell, to Nerf the spell, or to Eliminate the spell altogether. Also for any creative ideas of how to change or alter it. We don't want it to change the core mechanics of the game; only amplify them.

Bind is a custom spell for high-level Knights which allows them to combine items of the same type together to form longer lasting, or in some cases stronger items, for the cost of mana and the items total charges or duration.

However Bind can only be performed at special locations found deep throughout Dura.

Currently Bind only has utility for Stone Skin Amulets and Might Rings. We're still considering what to do with rings e.g sword/time ring and other amulets, e.g elven/dragon; evaluating how much stronger to make them, at what cost, and with what ceiling cap. And in no rush to do so as the level required for the spell is 100, so we have time to come to a proper decision and system.

Trash idea, imo. Stoneskins are overpowered in the hands of a skilled player, what point is there to make them available for people that can't switch them in time? They're 5 charges for a reason.

If you really wanna rework rings/amulets you should think about making something like rechargeable elven amulet (a reward from a quest or a mission from an npc) , that you can recharge for a price or by using 100 elven amulets. You can do the same thing with sword rings, life rings, rohs, time rings etc.

This idea would be fine for low-tier utility stuff but for something like a stoneskin it's a no-no.

I kind of like it. But like @Recreant said, maybe not stoneskins. What about runes?? Each time you bind two runes you loose 1 charge. But if this will work with runes maybe it could be located in cities, and by someone lower level than 100

Well, as 2 speakers above said - it is really OP. Would vote for 1 extra charge every stone skin used to make a really good stone skin amulet (stacked). +900 mana - a decent opposition to the druids paralysis.

After a large amount of feedback, and re-evaluation on our part we are going to temporarily remove the custom spell Bind and figure out how to balance it without altering the core mechanics of the game.
We Believe many charged Stone skins and Might Rings do alter the mechanics in the game towards a negative direction.
Per some of our own ideas as well as players we're going to take the spell back to the drawing board and evaluate how rings and amulets in general can be improved upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back