• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

I think a lot of mysteries are just non completed quests or just random content to add more rpg feeling. My advice is to complete the quest in your own server and give few tips to the player so they know it can be completed.

Hey guys, any way of extracting the sign post data? I've been digging and can't find it.

I'm wanting to add all of the correct sign post text to my personal server and this would be the perfect resource.

Hey guys, any way of extracting the sign post data? I've been digging and can't find it.

I'm wanting to add all of the correct sign post text to my personal server and this would be the perfect resource.

game/origmap/

Nevermind, got it open! Now to find a way to convert this to OTBM!

I guess I can scroll all the way through each level.. but that'd take forever. Anyone have a better solution?

How you did it? rep++

I downloaded the editor from this page.

Yamaken linked the editor.

When you download it, there is a .spr and a .dat file in folder, so when you open the editor it will prompt you to find the 7.7 spr and dat. Just point it at the editor's folder, or copy the files somewhere and point in there.

When you open a .sec file, it will show in the editor and as you scroll it will automatically load the other .sec's as necessary.

I downloaded the editor from this page.

Yamaken linked the editor.

When you download it, there is a .spr and a .dat file in folder, so when you open the editor it will prompt you to find the 7.7 spr and dat. Just point it at the editor's folder, or copy the files somewhere and point in there.

When you open a .sec file, it will show in the editor and as you scroll it will automatically load the other .sec's as necessary.
Well, it didn't loaded automatically ;x

I've seen people making every character accessible with account number ranging from 1 to 64000~, entering the account number without password, how is this possible?

I've seen people making every character accessible with account number ranging from 1 to 64000~, entering the account number without password, how is this possible?

Assuming you're allowed to send an empty password from the client, you just need to clear the password column of the users table... and re-map the players table to each of the existing files under game/usr/. The account_id column is the file it loads.

Now I can understand what @Ezzz said. These files are bugged and deprecated. I wouldn't advice anyone to use them, since they have a major bug that is not solvable (it's a bug with the game binary, for which we don't have a source code.) Everyone trying to make their own RealOTS should know that there are better alternatives (OTHire, TFS or OTX.) Please, don't use these files.

Now I can understand what @Ezzz said. These files are bugged and deprecated. I wouldn't advice anyone to use them, since they have a major bug that is not solvable (it's a bug with the game binary, for which we don't have a source code.) Everyone trying to make their own RealOTS should know that there are better alternatives (OTHire, TFS or OTX.) Please, don't use these files.
Can you elaborate?

If you are thinking about opening a RealOTS project (after everything ppl said about it) you should rewrite the query manager and login server to use SHA1 encryption (I don't know if it's necessary to modify the game engine too, @Ezzz could you clarify this please?) Since with plain encryption hacking these files is god damn easy for someone with basic hacking skills...

Can't edit... I meant plain passwords, not plain encryption. Also, you should have a plan to fix the 100% CPU usage, the easy hackings and even if you do, people want updates, and you can't give updates to them with this buggy, deprecated engine. I would rather use OTHire or use a 7.7 TFS that is somewhere in this forum. Use search button.

I don't think plain passwords are a problem if the database get's secured... but I do distrust the query manager and communication between server and it. It's why I rewrote mine in the first place.
Also editing the game engine is possible but I haven't had time to learn how to do it :( I would rather invest time in reimplemeting the server as a C# port that reads cip files :p

Although if the database gets compromised and people have used their email passwords on it... I dont know who's more responsible, if the the ignorant Gaijin or us as hosts of an insecure solution :p haha

Back