• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Is anyone still around to help set this up?
I have all of the various folders/releases, but there is no complete guide anywhere.
People just saying "read this thread its all in here" - not everyone uses linux, and reading "add the libs and change hex values for the new libs" really adds nothing, how do I do that?

There is one tutorial made from someone who cant make a full sentence, and trying to guess what you have to do is quite ridiculous.
No one can take their time to write a simple guide how to set this up in XXX OS, YYY OS, ZZZ OS?
Cant take more than 10 minutes.. I thought this community is supposed to be helpful rather than spiteful.

Is anyone still around to help set this up?
I have all of the various folders/releases, but there is no complete guide anywhere.
People just saying "read this thread its all in here" - not everyone uses linux, and reading "add the libs and change hex values for the new libs" really adds nothing, how do I do that?

There is one tutorial made from someone who cant make a full sentence, and trying to guess what you have to do is quite ridiculous.
No one can take their time to write a simple guide how to set this up in XXX OS, YYY OS, ZZZ OS?
Cant take more than 10 minutes.. I thought this community is supposed to be helpful rather than spiteful.

These files were leaked, and certainly are not for end-users. So, you shouldn't expect a smooth experience. If you're looking for a friendly experience, just try TFS instead, it'll work out-of-box (and you'll find precompilled binaries for Windows too).

Setting up the original environment isn't as easy as run a TFS instance, so if you are not an advanced user, and even doesn't know the basic about Linux, I'd recommend to just let it go. Actually, as far I know, even for Linux users isn't a trivial task due to dependency hell.

To tell you the truth, it's not even possible to run this in Windows natively, because there are not a precompilled binary for doing this. You'd be better with a virtualization layer of Linux (thus, you must have some knowledge about it).

Just trying to help, and wish luck with your project.

But mate @Zanpo if the files has been online in the past that means people put in the time and effort to understand and make them work, and there is enough information about it in this thread to make them run but you don't even appreciate the guide that was made instead you are spiteful that people won't make a guide for you so you can set it up? Mate I've had these files for around 7 years if not more and it took me a long time before I even got them running. Making a website for it is equally time consuming and then sorting all the other binaries that are used along the engine. If you want to run it like someone else said, it is all here to make it work. If you just want to play you can check the thread I posted in Server Gala yesterday. It is these files so if you are looking to play the real game that is an option.

Well, here's one that did not take more than 10 minutes. There are basicly 4 steps you need to do.
But before you start, you need to install linux, e.g. ubuntu. Let it be a dedicated server, your computer or virtual machine, whatever. Once you have it installed, go to step one.
1. Setup mysql server and database. Theoretically, you could omit that step, if you knew C++ well enough to understand working of querymanager, and if you did it only for testing purposes (run the server for yourself only). If you don't, just google for "setup mysql server ubuntu [your version of ubuntu]" or something like that, and you'll find plenty of tutorials. After that you need to create a database. If you gathered all the files that have been posted in this thread and those not-so-helpful "run cip server tutorials", you should have a file named queryschema.sql or similar. Then google for "mysql create database from schema file" and do as they say.
2. You need to compile and setup a login server. Again, in theory, if you only want to run cip server for yoursefl, you could skip this step, but you'd then need to know how to send login packets directly to the game server. So I suggest going for a login server, like the other tutorials say. You should have sources of one based on tfs, that was posted in this thread (or others regarding cip files). If you do, google "linux how to compile c++ sources" or similar. You may also search in otland for "compiling tfs on linux". Once you compiled it, put your mysql server and database info in the config, then run it and make sure it connects to database.
3. You need to compile and setup querymanager. By this point you already should know how to compile. In query you will also need to put your database config, so that it can connect.
4. Only when you have all the above setup, you can run the game server. But not before putting your querymanager data in .tibia file (which is a config file for game server). The libs you need are listed in this post. Put them in the folder where game server binary is.
libpthread.so.0
libstdc++.so.5
ld-linux.so.2
libgcc_s.so.1
libm.so.6
libc.so.6
You may need to do patchelf the game server binary.
The last thing to do would be putting your login server IP in tibia client, in place of the original login server IPs (there were five) via hex editor.

So that was "10 minutes tutorial". If you want a detailed one, it really doesn't take 10 minutes to describe it. Until someone releases an easy "download and run" pack, I'd suggest trying to learn step by step and ask specific questions. E.g. don't focus directly on cip files, but try completing step one first. Try to setup mysql server and if you face any issues, create a thread in support with question specific to that, and someone will probaly help you. After that, go to step 2 and so on.

Worth to note: I DO NOT recommend using the sources you found here for anything but learning and testing. That querymanager has some security holes and a few major issues. But it's good enough to run the server for your own usage and learn from it.
I also don't recommend running cip server as a public OT, unless you have advanced knowledge about reverse engineering, ASM, etc., as it has some bugs people may abuse and without that knowledge you won't be able to fix it.

Last edited:
These files were leaked, and certainly are not for end-users. So, you shouldn't expect a smooth experience. If you're looking for a friendly experience, just try TFS instead, it'll work out-of-box (and you'll find precompilled binaries for Windows too).

Setting up the original environment isn't as easy as run a TFS instance, so if you are not an advanced user, and even doesn't know the basic about Linux, I'd recommend to just let it go. Actually, as far I know, even for Linux users isn't a trivial task due to dependency hell.

To tell you the truth, it's not even possible to run this in Windows natively, because there are not a precompilled binary for doing this. You'd be better with a virtualization layer of Linux (thus, you must have some knowledge about it).

Just trying to help, and wish luck with your project.

Thank you, im not aiming to make a public server - more a private sort of thing for myself.

But mate @Zanpo if the files has been online in the past that means people put in the time and effort to understand and make them work, and there is enough information about it in this thread to make them run but you don't even appreciate the guide that was made instead you are spiteful that people won't make a guide for you so you can set it up? Mate I've had these files for around 7 years if not more and it took me a long time before I even got them running. Making a website for it is equally time consuming and then sorting all the other binaries that are used along the engine. If you want to run it like someone else said, it is all here to make it work. If you just want to play you can check the thread I posted in Server Gala yesterday. It is these files so if you are looking to play the real game that is an option.

I understand, but someone asking "What do I do with the libs?" and 5 people responding "READ THE THREAD! IT WAS SAID BEFORE" - meanwhile there are 30 pages prior to that..
A simple "Put them in XXX and make sure that XXX" - it would take the same amount of time. no extra effort required.
I understand that same questions may be asked 10 times, but the 11th person have nothing to do with those questions.

I just think its easier to say what needs to be said, when it takes the same amount of time - didnt mean to sound rude or anything

Well, here's one that did not take more than 10 minutes. There are basicly 4 steps you need to do.
But before you start, you need to install linux, e.g. ubuntu. Let it be a dedicated server, your computer or virtual machine, whatever. Once you have it installed, go to step one.
1. Setup mysql server and database. Theoretically, you could omit that step, if you knew C++ well enough to understand working of querymanager, and if you did it only for testing purposes (run the server for yourself only). If you don't, just google for "setup mysql server ubuntu [your version of ubuntu]" or something like that, and you'll find plenty of tutorials. After that you need to create a database. If you gathered all the files that have been posted in this thread and those not-so-helpful "run cip server tutorials", you should have a file named queryschema.sql or similar. Then google for "mysql create database from schema file" and do as they say.
2. You need to compile and setup a login server. Again, in theory, if you only want to run cip server for yoursefl, you could skip this step, but you'd then need to know how to send login packets directly to the game server. So I suggest going for a login server, like the other tutorials say. You should have sources of one based on tfs, that was posted in this thread (or others regarding cip files). If you do, google "linux how to compile c++ sources" or similar. You may also search in otland for "compiling tfs on linux". Once you compiled it, put your mysql server and database info in the config, then run it and make sure it connects to database.
3. You need to compile and setup querymanager. By this point you already should know how to compile. In query you will also need to put your database config, so that it can connect.
4. Only when you have all the above setup, you can run the game server. But not before putting your querymanager data in .tibia file (which is a config file for game server). The libs you need are listed in this post. Put them in the folder where game server binary is.

You may need to do patchelf the game server binary.
The last thing to do would be putting your login server IP in tibia client, in place of the original login server IPs (there were five) via hex editor.

So that was "10 minutes tutorial". If you want a detailed one, it really doesn't take 10 minutes to describe it. Until someone releases an easy "download and run" pack, I'd suggest trying to learn step by step and ask specific questions. E.g. don't focus directly on cip files, but try completing step one first. Try to setup mysql server and if you face any issues, create a thread in support with question specific to that, and someone will probaly help you. After that, go to step 2 and so on.

Worth to note: I DO NOT recommend using the sources you found here for anything but learning and testing. That querymanager has some security holes and a few major issues. But it's good enough to run the server for your own usage and learn from it.
I also don't recommend running cip server as a public OT, unless you have advanced knowledge about reverse engineering, ASM, etc., as it has some bugs people may abuse and without that knowledge you won't be able to fix it.

THANK YOU.
I had zero idea where to put the library files, i've assumed that I need to replace the current libs that the linux distro uses - so i've broken my distros over a dozen times trying to use different combinations and so on.
Not once have I seen someone say "Put it in the same folder as game binary" - maybe it is obvious to most people, but for those of us who never worked with linux, it is not - I got the edited game binary already to go with the ""satanic"" lib.

Think that was about the step I was missing to get this going so thank you very much.

One final question, if you know, how do I input a hostname instead of the IP?
I got an dynamic IP, and unless it is very complicated to connect via hostname, It would be easier to do that rather than changed IP every other day

I assume something to do with -
"Inside Main.cpp. hton1(INADDR_LOOPBACK); change to inet_addr("yourmachineip"); this is used to connect querymanager to gameserver."

And

"
writeMsg.adByte(192);
writeMsg.adByte(168);
writeMsg.adByte(20);
writeMsg.adByte(10);
"

I assume some sort of VLAN would work for what I intend aswell, but it would be alot easier if I could just set up to connect via my domain whilst im at work for example.

Once I'm able to get the server up and running smoothly I will take my time to make an easy to follow guide so that others may enjoy this aswell,

thank you again

One final question, if you know, how do I input a hostname instead of the IP?
I got an dynamic IP, and unless it is very complicated to connect via hostname, It would be easier to do that rather than changed IP every other day

I assume something to do with -
"Inside Main.cpp. hton1(INADDR_LOOPBACK); change to inet_addr("yourmachineip"); this is used to connect querymanager to gameserver."

Querymanager does not connect to the game server, it's the opposite. Game server connects to querymanager, and its address as well as login data are held in .tibia file (from the original tarball).
Did you mean login server? I never needed nor thought of using hostnames. Assuming everything is running in your local network, you can just assign static IPs on your router. And if you need to make it accessaible from outside you can set port forwarding.

@Zanpo

I will help you set it up, free of charge!
I will also explain step by step how to do so.

I've sended you a private message on how to contact me.

@pink_panther

Sorry, but I dont get why you point your finger towards me? Dont get me wrong, but why did you not say "Hey listen its alot of work writing one up let me help you"
Instead you delegate it towards me..

"Be part of the solution, not the problem"

Kind regards,
EkkoLua

Last edited:
@pink_panther

Sorry, but I dont get why you point your finger towards me? Dont get me wrong, but why did you not say "Hey listen its alot of work writing one up let me help you"
Instead you delegate it towards me..

"Be part of the solution, not the problem"

Kind regards,
EkkoLua

That's not what I said, at all.

You said you were going to post instructions on how to set it up, and you send it in a PM.

I said, If you're going to put in those details in a PM, why not just post it here, so everyone else can see, too?

@pink_panther

That's not what I said, at all.

You said this "You said you were going to post instructions on how to set it up, and you send it in a PM." Yet I never said I would be posting instructions? If you took the time to carefully read my post before, it clearly states I sended him my contact details so he can contact me.

Enjoy.

Back