• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

8.4 server can't load 8.4 maps

Cocoamonkey

Chocolate Monkey
Reaction score
Seriously, why do the 8.4 servers not like to load 8.4 maps? :( If they do work somehow then how do I manage that? How can I make my 8.4 map work with my 8.4 server? :(

Last edited:
If you're using an editor that saves the maps in the "fake" 8.4 .otbm format then they won't work.

Just load your map in Remere's and change go to map > properties and set it to 8.40.

Then it's possible that your server is using the "fake" .otbm version. Just update your server to the newest version (0.2.1 for 0.2 or 0.3.4 for 0.3)

To confirm this try running your server with a map in the 8.31 .otbm version. You can change that in map > properties.

Just including a little problem is that sometimes the otbm name is wrong, just change it to the right name and the problem is solved.. just if anyone else got this problem. :thumbup:

New problem :( I got it all to work and everything but when I tried to login it said only clients with protocol 8.42 are allowed.. so I got that version. but now no matter what version I use, none of them work. it doesn't load my character list.. it just sits stuck on loading forever :( Anyone know the problem :(?

Back