• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

.dat/.spr question, map editor

grlb

Reaction score
I have custom .dat and .spr files for my test OTS.
I can edit them in object builder and place them in client folder, and when I login the game loads with the different sprites I edited.

However in the Map Editor, when I load the OTS map, the sprites are all wrong and crazy.
What do I need to see this same sprites that I see in client, in the map editor?

I have custom .dat and .spr files for my test OTS.
I can edit them in object builder and place them in client folder, and when I login the game loads with the different sprites I edited.

However in the Map Editor, when I load the OTS map, the sprites are all wrong and crazy.
What do I need to see this same sprites that I see in client, in the map editor?
First of all edit your client files with object builder. Then open itemeditor and apply changes to the .otbm file as well. To do this, in itemeditor go for Edit -> create missing items. Make sure you put the new otbm file in your server files (yourserver\data\items) and also remeres location (rme\data\yourprotocol). You need as well to declare you new items in the items.xml file (yourserver\data\items).

Back