• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

8.54 || 8.6 || 8.62

Alyhide

Banned User
Reaction score
Okay, well I've heard a lot of bad things about going on with 8.62 and the newest REVs..

What I'm wondering about a server.

What's the best Version
Whats the best type (RPG, Custom (TPs), Real Map, etc.)
How do i get players to come
Whats some ideas.

Most of all, what client version to use.

I liked 8.54, then 8.62 came out and everybody wants it, but I don't like it. Now, 8.6 comes out and I love it! What are you guy's decisions?

Download Links To Current Versions :
0.3.6pl - http://otland.net/f18/8-54-forgotten-server-0-3-6pl1-crying-damson-59924/
0.4_DEV (8.62) - http://otland.net/f249/compilations-requests-here-105453/
0.4_DEV (8.6) - Cannot Find It

One more question. Where is the download link to a compiled 8.6 Server?

I wouldn't focus which is better or worse, instead I'd focus in the stability of the rev. If there is a stable version(in the term where we can call a 'stable' revision of least crashes, debugs, errors, etc) that has a higher protocol, I would use that one.

I wouldn't focus which is better or worse, instead I'd focus in the stability of the rev. If there is a stable version(in the term where we can call a 'stable' revision of least crashes, debugs, errors, etc) that has a higher protocol, I would use that one.

Okay, but I need to ask, do you have the download for an 8.6 server?

Version : 8.62
Type : Ofcourse rl map
Ideas : Hmm.. You have to make something unique , For example : make your donation items can be found in hard quests , raid monsters. Players can loot some points during hunting and surely it wont be easy ( 5 points/h ) .. make satisfied events, every week best guild and top fragger should be rewared with some points.. etc.. Players love such ways :)

All real maps have 100+ people, but everyone is getting bored with them. Custom maps of less then 10 people, but are fun. I dont get it...

All real maps have 100+ people, but everyone is getting bored with them. Custom maps of less then 10 people, but are fun. I dont get it...

Exactly what I've been wondering.
OT: Most recent protocol, always. (Unless it's 7.4)

Red

Last edited:
Back