• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.6] Dragon Ball OT development topic

RoyalzBHO

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
i've been working on this server for a few weeks now (with some small breaks and one huge exam session break), focused mostly on switching from Tibia's isometric perspective to classic RPGmaker-ish flat look of game(LoG based). I'm using tfs 0.4 with 8.60 client. OT will have low-mid rates and PVP oriented around special spells (buffs/debuffs/partybuffs/pulls/pushes/absorbs/etc), spell cooldown system and a combo system(3/4x spells with delayed cast)
Feel free to ask any questions, cheers!

5ejXDPR.png

YVJfYVR.png

2QatNzB.png

V8segFu.png

AzAjKos.png

Last edited:
Either your lying or the best creator ive ever seen.

tutorial has a point, the sprites look damn sexy, good job and keep the great work

Either your lying or the best creator ive ever seen.

Maaybe a little more, we started our project on 10th of Jan. 2017, but due to my 3-week long exam session i couldn't do anything, so i've been editing it for a ~month now. These all screens are from my own test map, so probably all of it will change in the future.
NWk2H7H.png

Thank you for kind words though!

tutorial has a point, the sprites look damn sexy, good job and keep the great work

The sprites are from a dragonball gameboy game but anyways nice job makin a server with them, would be nice with a populated english db server

I like it!
please only use a type of sprites. dont use the sprites of tibia(isometrical) + sprites of game boy(2d)
its look ugly when you mix 2d and isometrical in the same game :S

The sprites are from a dragonball gameboy game but anyways nice job makin a server with them, would be nice with a populated english db server

Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I'm using LoG sprites (for now, will change with my own once we start and have constant amount of active players) + my own character animations. Everything will be animated, such as changing forms (i.e. goku going ssj will have his own animation) etc

I like it!
please only use a type of sprites. dont use the sprites of tibia(isometrical) + sprites of game boy(2d)
its look ugly when you mix 2d and isometrical in the same game :S

Don't worry, i'm not going to mix both styles. Going full 2d was the idea from the start.

Haven't had time today at all and i'm sure i will be short on time this week as well, nevertheless the topic must be taken care of. What things would you guys like to see in the game? Weapon upgrades are mandatory, item socket system, alternate outfits for every character to get in-game/buy will also be included. Once i mentioned alternate outfits, my idea of premium shop is to base it only on PACC and skins for characters/spells/items, basically anything that changes visual aspects of the game.
AURGvQR.png

On the screen above you can see the first custom item/weapon in-game, a Raditz Glove, which will be a special kind of glove obtained only from Sagas (Saga - one big string of story quests based off DB plot)
Thanks to Anevis for helping me out with the glove's shade cleaning.

Last edited:
I like that you are doing everything flat, not mixed.
Good luck and waiting for release date :D

To be honest, your outfits seems more advanced that those from LoG, so I hope that in future you exchange all LoG graphics by your own.

I like that you are doing everything flat, not mixed.
Good luck and waiting for release date :D

To be honest, your outfits seems more advanced that those from LoG, so I hope that in future you exchange all LoG graphics by your own.

Will do that later, do not worry. ^^

KNn1ClQ.png

All basic outfits for next playable profession, Android #17, are done. Lots of code improvements were made, such as reduced itemType file size from 160 mb to 7 mb.
Next up:
- city sewer sprites (major thing to focus on)
- underground caves sprites (major thing to focus on)
- different walls specifically for sand/pyramid areas
- more tree and bushes types
- more buildings
- interior walls for private houses for players
- more ground doodads
- black city road sprites
- android laboratory area (lots of new tiles, new walls, lots of doodad items)
- gravity room area

is it me or you're working so quick? Great job, i love how this looks already :3 should you take a picture with each outfit so we can see how great they look! keep up the good work

is it me or you're working so quick? Great job, i love how this looks already :3 should you take a picture with each outfit so we can see how great they look! keep up the good work

I don't think so, progress is small and i barely have time to do anything. Will post some outfits later once i finish doing sewer area;
WIP:
E4fZwwu.png

zLvAhKk.png

City sewer sprites were added to the game, i still need new walls for it so everything would blend well, i'm also in need of toxic waste/trash stuff to put undeground. Anyway, it still needs a lot of improvements, will focus mostly on it from now on.

Awesome :D
I'm wondering how you will make undergrounds, something like that:
Q3luR1BTc1JWLUEx_o_legacy-of-goku-2-trunks-trophy.jpg

or
RPG Maker style:
ss_b9b5f463d4deae81092854db3abc51ec4061383a.600x338.jpg

?

Awesome :D
I'm wondering how you will make undergrounds, something like that:
Q3luR1BTc1JWLUEx_o_legacy-of-goku-2-trunks-trophy.jpg

or
RPG Maker style:
ss_b9b5f463d4deae81092854db3abc51ec4061383a.600x338.jpg

?

Probably something closer to #1 than #2, but i still need to give it a thought since i'm not sure what should i do with casual underground areas.
cSlf21g.png

These are all Vegeta's "forms", i didn't want to use Oozaru, because that would collide with skins for him.

Almost all good, because you shouldn't use 8.6.

Back