• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.46] The Forgotten Server v0.3.7-preview (Crying Damson)

Hey guys, Im new to this stuff, but i want to ask: If it says "with support for 9.46" does it mean its only for 9.46? or can we use it with like what I want for a 8.7? How does it work? If a tutorial about that exists, please tell me about it :D

Thanks

Hey guys, Im new to this stuff, but i want to ask: If it says "with support for 9.46" does it mean its only for 9.46? or can we use it with like what I want for a 8.7? How does it work? If a tutorial about that exists, please tell me about it :D

Thanks

It's 9.44-9.46. You will have to edit the source code to make it work with 8.7, I don't think there's any tutorial on how to do that, you need to understand very basic C++ and the protocol changes since 8.7 to be able to revert them.

It's 9.44-9.46. You will have to edit the source code to make it work with 8.7, I don't think there's any tutorial on how to do that, you need to understand very basic C++ and the protocol changes since 8.7 to be able to revert them.

Thank you Talaturen. In that case maybe you can help me in the [8.7] The Forgotten Server v0.2.9 (Mystic Spirit) distro. I was using an 8.54 one and had x commands, but then i changed to the 8.7 one im talking about, and the /goto command is in the xml file and i cant make it work like "/goto x, y, z" or "/goto monster" as in the other one, and I wasnt able to add that other goto script and talkaction to this 8.7 distro. What can i do, to make it work the same?

Thank you Talaturen. In that case maybe you can help me in the [8.7] The Forgotten Server v0.2.9 (Mystic Spirit) distro. I was using an 8.54 one and had x commands, but then i changed to the 8.7 one im talking about, and the /goto command is in the xml file and i cant make it work like "/goto x, y, z" or "/goto monster" as in the other one, and I wasnt able to add that other goto script and talkaction to this 8.7 distro. What can i do, to make it work the same?

There are big differences between 0.2 and 0.3, you should pick one and stick with it. Using an old version of the distribution because you want a specific client version isn't a good idea, if it is that important to you (personally I hate when people get stuck on old client versions, we should be moving forward, not backwards!) then you should consider doing what I suggested in my previous post (get the source code of the latest release and revert the protocol changes).

Thank you again Talaturen, I was just struggling with that command, but ill totally take a look at this distro. :)

There are big differences between 0.2 and 0.3, you should pick one and stick with it. Using an old version of the distribution because you want a specific client version isn't a good idea, if it is that important to you (personally I hate when people get stuck on old client versions, we should be moving forward, not backwards!) then you should consider doing what I suggested in my previous post (get the source code of the latest release and revert the protocol changes).

Its crashing after commands like "/a 2", "/up", "/i 2160" :/. After those commands server will crash immediately :(

AMEN!

Now let's put a dagger in those 8.6 servers' hearts.

Its crashing after commands like "/a 2", "/up", "/i 2160" :/. After those commands server will crash immediately :(

It's a known bug with LuaJIT in 0.3.7, I'll see if we can fix it and release a patch or if we will recompile it with Lua instead.

I got two questions, is the clone items bug fixed? and is it possible to make it to 8.54?

^ Yes, but you would need to do some source editing, some major source editing....

I got two questions, is the clone items bug fixed? and is it possible to make it to 8.54?

What clone items bug? Has it been reported in the project tools?

Of course it's possible to make it 8.54, but it's not easy.

Please explain, how can you clone items using !createguild?

There is many many many ways to clone items, i just know few, "Ingame guild management", "everything that has to do with saving", "crashes", "debugs", "houses save thing", "restarts/shutdowns", "parcel system", "incorrect DP", "bank (only clone money)". But i had kinda fixed all of it and still players could clone items and there is surely more ways that i dont know.

There is many many many ways to clone items, i just know few, "Ingame guild management", "everything that has to do with saving", "crashes", "debugs", "houses save thing", "restarts/shutdowns", "parcel system", "incorrect DP", "bank (only clone money)". But i had kinda fixed all of it and still players could clone items and there is surely more ways that i dont know.

Obviously you can clone items if the server crashes, but that shouldn't happen in the first place. If any of these things you mentioned still cause crash will you please explain the exact steps to reproduce it so that it can be fixed in final 0.3.7 release?

Please explain, how can you clone items using !createguild?
This one is the only one I remember.
But it should go like this:
'Person 1' makes a random guild and invites 'person 2'.
'Person 2' never joins and takes the items of 'person 1'.
'Person 2' logs out and in the meanwhile 'person 1' disbands his guild.
When normaly both people relog they both have the same exact items in their inventory (the items that were passed).

I'm not sure about the part where they log out, if it's just relogging while disbanding the guild, but I'm pretty sure it's alike this.

This one is the only one I remember.
But it should go like this:
'Person 1' makes a random guild and invites 'person 2'.
'Person 2' never joins and takes the items of 'person 1'.
'Person 2' logs out and in the meanwhile 'person 1' disbands his guild.
When normaly both people relog they both have the same exact items in their inventory (the items that were passed).

I'm not sure about the part where they log out, if it's just relogging while disbanding the guild, but I'm pretty sure it's alike this.

How does that relate when guilds don't store items?

How hard is it to backport from 9.46 to 8.54 for example?

Back