• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.80-9.86] The Forgotten Server v0.2.15 (Mystic Spirit)

For some reason the following doesnt work with this server for me.. globalevent intervals, pvp, items lost on death (people dont lose items).. any ideas why?

@Talaturen
I have a question, you said that 1.0 will be very different from 0.2.x series, so do you recommend a migration from 0.2.x to 1.0 ?? Or should I keep with 0.2 ??

can anyone tell me how can i use god commands? my char is god, it's players group id is 3 and its accounts group id is 3 too. Still, i cant use almost any of commands... People say to set group id to 6 but.. I can set it max to 3 in my phpmyadmin. I am using xampp. what to do :0

can anyone tell me how can i use god commands? my char is god, it's players group id is 3 and its accounts group id is 3 too. Still, i cant use almost any of commands... People say to set group id to 6 but.. I can set it max to 3 in my phpmyadmin. I am using xampp. what to do :0

Account type should be 6 and player group 3. It works for me.

@Talaturen
I have a question, you said that 1.0 will be very different from 0.2.x series, so do you recommend a migration from 0.2.x to 1.0 ?? Or should I keep with 0.2 ??

Switching to 1.0 should be smooth if you don't use any of the following features on your server:
GUI (use console)
Ingame Account Manager (use website)
Ingame Guild Management (use website/implement using Lua)
SimOne's XML npc system (use Lua)
SQLite (use MySQL)

If you use any of them, you should consider replacing them. 0.2.15 was the last release of 0.2 from me, I won't be maintaining it anymore.

If your server is in production state, you should stay with 0.2 until 1.0 has actually been released.

but i cant, the GUI doesnt allow me... i am using newest xampp

group_id in "players" table should be 3.
type in "accounts" table should be 5.

protocolgame.cpp:
Code:
void ProtocolGame::sendModalWindow(const ModalWindow& modalWindow)
{
NetworkMessage msg;
msg.AddByte(0xFA);

msg.AddU32(modalWindow.getID());
msg.AddString(modalWindow.getTitle());
msg.AddString(modalWindow.getMessage());

msg.AddByte(modalWindow.getButtonCount());

for (ModalWindowChoiceList::const_iterator it = modalWindow.getButtons().begin(), end = modalWindow.getButtons().end(); it != end; ++it) {
msg.AddString(it->first);
msg.AddByte(it->second);
}

msg.AddByte(modalWindow.getChoiceCount());

for (ModalWindowChoiceList::const_iterator it = modalWindow.getChoices().begin(), end = modalWindow.getChoices().end(); it != end; ++it) {
msg.AddString(it->first);
msg.AddByte(it->second);
}

msg.AddByte(modalWindow.getDefaultEscapeButton());
msg.AddByte(modalWindow.getDefaultEnterButton());
msg.AddByte(modalWindow.hasPriority() ? 0x01 : 0x00);

writeToOutputBuffer(msg);
}

could it be rewritten to LUA function? I see huge potential in it

- - - Updated - - -

eg function(cid, title, message, {buttons}, {chocies})

I used Znotes video tutorial to learn how to run these servers. I followed instructions and when I run the server application it crashes as fast as it opens. How do i fix that lol

- - - Updated - - -

I used Znotes video tutorial to learn how to run these servers. I followed instructions and when I run the server application it crashes as fast as it opens. How do i fix that lol

Sorry for double post, I dont know how to edit them... lol. Anyway i downloaded the previous version of TFS and did the same steps over so its just this version thats messed up, nothing I did wrong..

I downloaded the server and when I start it up says " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) please help

btw, new version have (1.0) OPcodes?

Can you elaborate what you mean with OPcodes?

I downloaded the server and when I start it up says " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) please help

"Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package is required to run the server (x86 for 32-bit, or x64 for 64-bit): download here."

Don't see why ZnoteAAC won't work, zbizu. Have you tried it?

Is there any alternative of string.explode? I can't get it to work on 1.0 even after adding function from 0.2 to global.lua

The 1.0 release will focus on cleaning up old code, portability, reduced memory footprint, and optimizations that will help us to move forward. Bigger features may or may not appear in 1.0, but there will definitely be huge changes to the Lua interface in the 1.x series.

The GitHub repository is 1.0.
Maybe try to add multicore/thread support to tfs? Or maybe it's already implemented. Long time since I used it. Anyway, looking forward to this.

Back