• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.80-9.86] The Forgotten Server v0.2.15 (Mystic Spirit)

^ rename lua5.1.dll to lua51.dll
tfs devs forgot to do it once again xD

Btw. How new viplist works? What's the difference?

i installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 , but cant run the server anyway . any little tutorial how to run it ?

I downloaded every link , gui & console, 32 & 64, both says its not an application for win32 ... ? whats wrong?

I downloaded every link , gui & console, 32 & 64, both says its not an application for win32 ... ? whats wrong?
i got same problem , i think that it neeed to be run with microsfot visual , but i have no idea how

i got same problem , i think that it neeed to be run with microsfot visual , but i have no idea how

Assuming you've already installed the 2012 redistributable, try installing the 2010 too (I think some of the DLL files may have been compiled with them):
Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center (32-bit)
Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Center (64-bit)

Let me know if that helps, and please also Ctrl+C on the error window and paste it here so that I can see exactly what it says.

^ rename lua5.1.dll to lua51.dll
tfs devs forgot to do it once again xD

Btw. How new viplist works? What's the difference?

They are already called lua51.dll in the archive.

The new VIP list code is storing entries per account instead of per player, and description and icon are also stored on the server instead of the client.

Assuming you've already installed the 2012 redistributable, try installing the 2010 too (I think some of the DLL files may have been compiled with them):
Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center (32-bit)
Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Center (64-bit)

Let me know if that helps, and please also Ctrl+C on the error window and paste it here so that I can see exactly what it says.

They are already called lua51.dll in the archive.

The new VIP list code is storing entries per account instead of per player, and description and icon are also stored on the server instead of the client.

installing 2010 visual
well the error was only about that it cant run on win32

- - - Updated - - -

well installed 2010 visual and still got this error:

"C:\Documents and Settings\namuu\Desktop\9.86\Mystic Spirit the forgoteen.axe is not valid 32win aplication +-
thats the error i get got both visuals now

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version? Is your OS 32-bit or 64-bit? Can you please paste the full error? You can press Ctrl+C on the error dialog and Ctrl+V in your post to paste the full content of the error here.

32 , me os 32

---------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\namuu\Desktop\9.86\Mystic Spirit\The Forgotten Server.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\namuu\Desktop\9.86\Mystic Spirit\The Forgotten Server.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

OK

32 , me os 32

C:\Documents and Settings\namuu\Desktop\9.86\Mystic Spirit\The Forgotten Server.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\namuu\Desktop\9.86\Mystic Spirit\The Forgotten Server.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

OK

I have no idea why it isn't working for you then, you'll have to download the source code and compile it. I'll try to find some time to look into it before the next release.

Hey Talaturen, they are failing to run the server on both 32-bit and 64-bit because the Microsoft Visual C + + 2012 does not work on Windows Server 2003.

What can be done, would be to download the codes and compile them again. I was using CodeBlocks to compile and had no problems in Windows Server 2003.

PS: I was having the same error as the others.

You're right, the new SDK in Visual Studio 2012 that this release was compiled in has dropped support for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

If you're using any of these operating systems, you should upgrade or compile from the source code. I'll see if I can have the next release compatible with Windows XP/Server 2003.

Compiling with Visual Studio 2010: OtLand - How to compile TFS for Windows using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 ? (recommended)
Compiling with Code::Blocks: OtLand - Compiling The Forgotten Server 0.2 with Code::Blocks in Windows (if you can't compile with VS10, and aren't planning on using SQLite, this will be fine because the SQLite library in this tutorial is too old)

Sql database is locked and i cant make any account via manager. Any suggestion what can i do without doing new database?

but why i cant run it normaly like all other tfs lol

Sql database is locked and i cant make any account via manager. Any suggestion what can i do without doing new database?

The SQLite file is locked while the server is running to prevent other applications from overwriting new data. You need to stop the server to manually insert accounts.

but why i cant run it normaly like all other tfs lol

Because this release was compiled with the standard toolset in Visual Studio 2012 which has dropped support for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. I could compile it with the v110_xp toolset, but I guess you would still have errors with the Lua DLL file which was compiled using the standard toolset. Since I don't have time to recompile all the libraries and the release with the v110_xp toolset right now, I sent you links to guides that explain how you can compile the server so that it will run on your system. Either do that, or find someone to do it for you, or upgrade your operating system or don't use this distribution. Why you still run a 12 years old operating system that will stop receiving security updates next year to run a server is beyond me.

Back