• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A Few Questions about scripting

Hypocryte

Reaction score
Hello,

i'm playing for a while with my project ( tfs 1.2), but as a newbie in scripting and everything what is related to it i have some problems with it. If someone knew how to do it, please, give me some clue or code (if u have one). I know that there are some guides about it but i really dont know how to use them to fix my problems.

1) Where do i find formulas related to skills, for example shielding, how does it affect on our block chance or arm.

2) How and where (engine, source etc) can i add an attack speed changing spell or item or even change it in vocation for example if i want to add more attack speed for Assasin class.

3) How to write formula for spell that give a more chance to block. For example - spell Focus ( gives 20% chance to block hit for 30 sec). I was wandering about relate it to shielding skill, but i couldnt find formula :s

4) I want to make some modal windows, for example, if you use campfire, modal window appears and you have uncooked food there, but it shows only this food you have in backpack, and if u select which and how many of it you want to cook, some of them disappear form bp and cooked one appears. More over, i want to make it looklike in shopmodule, where u see graphic of this item, not only text. But now, where should i do it, should i use : [ [How-to] Modal Windows ], or do it in OTclient or other way?

If someone know how to deal with it, please help, i will be very gratful.

Hello,

i'm playing for a while with my project ( tfs 1.2), but as a newbie in scripting and everything what is related to it i have some problems with it. If someone knew how to do it, please, give me some clue or code (if u have one). I know that there are some guides about it but i really dont know how to use them to fix my problems.

1) Where do i find formulas related to skills, for example shielding, how does it affect on our block chance or arm.

2) How and where (engine, source etc) can i add an attack speed changing spell or item or even change it in vocation for example if i want to add more attack speed for Assasin class.

3) How to write formula for spell that give a more chance to block. For example - spell Focus ( gives 20% chance to block hit for 30 sec). I was wandering about relate it to shielding skill, but i couldnt find formula :s

4) I want to make some modal windows, for example, if you use campfire, modal window appears and you have uncooked food there, but it shows only this food you have in backpack, and if u select which and how many of it you want to cook, some of them disappear form bp and cooked one appears. More over, i want to make it looklike in shopmodule, where u see graphic of this item, not only text. But now, where should i do it, should i use : [ [How-to] Modal Windows ], or do it in OTclient or other way?

If someone know how to deal with it, please help, i will be very gratful.
1) defense and armor checking: otland/forgottenserver
2) use this function i made inside of a spell, use an addEvent after x seconds to change attack speed back: Lua Function - [TFS 1.2/1.3] player:setAttackSpeed(ms) | player:getAttackSpeed()
3) make a spell give storage value to player, set up an onHealthChange creatureevent to do the blocking for you, easier than source editing
4) to have graphics on modalwindow you need to use otclient

Back