• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

About Database

grogan

Reaction score
At the moment i am hosting a server but my mate is about to host it so I wanna know is there a way to transfer the database so all the characters etc. is up-to-date. Thanks in advance

Yes, there's a way.

Go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin

After entering to your PhpMyAdmin, select your database.

db1.jpg

Then choose the button that says; "Export".

db2.jpg

And then just click on "Go".

Then, your database will be compressed to a text format, and you just need to copy it and then paste it on notepad and save it as; "database.sql".

Every character, guild, account, etc...
Everything will be saved there...

Good Luck,
Archez

why doesnt he just take out the database and copy and paste it through msn

What would you prefer?

Going to your database folder, compress it to a ZIP or RAR, or w/e format and send it to your friend...

or

Just send your friend this .SQL file?

What would you prefer?

Going to your database folder, compress it to a ZIP or RAR, or w/e format and send it to your friend...

or

Just send your friend this .SQL file?

yes I prefer packing mysql data folder to zip and send as its faster, and more _safe_ ^_^

Well, if you say it :). You're the one who knows about this :p.

So, if I'm making backups? What should I do? use winrar to compress my database folder, or use the .sql?

Back