• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

About the Spells Page

hodleo

Formerly cbrm -Crypto enthusiast, Retired scripter
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
PREVIEW
I've begun scripting a page to display the spells of the server at modern aac. I don't know who else is working in one, but this is just an important and essential page for modern aac.

By now I am just parsing the XML of spells to load the values, so gimme your ideas of how it should be

-Spells should be stored at database like Gesior AAC, or simply load them from parsed Spells.xml?
-Should it sort the spells by category like Tibia RL? It would only require to add some short new lines to your spells.xml
Code:
      <summon></summon> <healing></healing>  <attack></attack> <support></support>  <supply></supply>

EDIT: Seems those tags make the spell not work

-What other ideas? How should it be?
I am not planning adding "vocations" to the last column. It will have the sort options like TibiaRL below:
sort.png

Last edited:
-Spells should be stored at database like Gesior AAC, or simply load them from parsed Spells.xml?
-Shoult it sort the spells by category like Tibia RL? It would only require to add some short new lines to your spells.xml:
1) Spells should be loaded from spells.xml, adding more tables to database is unnecessary and make db looks ugly,
2) Sounds great

You can make the page, and using ajax load the content on it as you want, and within the controller you can do $this->output->cache(30); so it will be updated every 30 minutes

Well, I made a items.xml and monster parser. It had a upload page in the admin panel and loaded it into DB, it's faster, and it doesn't require direct access to the server files.

thanks you both :p i'll see what can i do
i'll skip the category part and only use the old "types"

Back