• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Althea ¤ A New World ¤ Mapping Thread ( Scripting atm, low activity on mapping part )

Well if you want some constructive critisism, and something to try out... I for one, always use small mountain borders on ALL mountain borders... inside caves, on top of the edges, and where the mountain touches grass/water... Might be a tip.. might be something you dislike.. Map a piece and show result ;D!

<Post deleted> *Spoilers*

Last edited:
Started on a new Dragon cave ^_^

dragon_1.png

dragon_2.png

dragon_3.png

dragon_4.png

NOW! its time to realese it! Make small content updates instead of getting stuck with the dream of a skyrim size big map available at serverstart :)
Small updates will keep players entertained

NOW! its time to realese it! Make small content updates instead of getting stuck with the dream of a skyrim size big map available at serverstart :)
Small updates will keep players entertained

Its far from ready, we are working on a custom client, and we need alot of scrpting for features and missions. Also planning on a custom addon feature.
And the map as you see is under remapping, im like 70% done, and then im continuing on the map shape :)

Can someone give me some insperation for a wyrm cave or mountain by pics? Really dont know how i want the spawn to look like:s

Just go by red mountains and regular cave ground. You gotta find you own details for the rest. Could even mix with greay mountain like the spawn in liberty bay :)
Make sure you add space to run them and use fieldrunes on. Ill see if I can edit with a pic :)
LHGBg.jpg

Nah, imo, that doesn't cut it... Water could bee replaced by some more dusky/damp theeme, and also I've always liked sand-ish wyrms :) Red/grey mountain sprites, submerged into a canyon etc...

Thank you for responding, and yellowhat, that picture looked to simple, got any other pictures? :D
I just dont want it to look like every other spawns. More agree with Wendt, i think ill have to wait with the sp
I tried to finish the giant spider spawn, but im not really happy about it, it looks to simple. What you think? What can i add to get it more "spider lookie" :p
Here can u see some of the spawn i made.

gss.png

gss1.png

gss2.png

gss3.png

Thank you for responding, and yellowhat, that picture looked to simple, got any other pictures? :D
I just dont want it to look like every other spawns. More agree with Wendt, i think ill have to wait with the sp
I tried to finish the giant spider spawn, but im not really happy about it, it looks to simple. What you think? What can i add to get it more "spider lookie" :p
Here can u see some of the spawn i made.

gss.png

gss1.png

gss2.png

gss3.png
missing mountain borders =/

Here's another update :) Hope you like it.

a small part of a swamp, dont want to spoil it all :)
swamp_1.png

swamp_2.png

a random pic ;)

bkk1.png

And Fallen Soldier's

bkk2.png

bkk4.png

bkk5.png

bkk3.png

Anyone have any thought's? You guys think its playable as you've seen it now or? :p

A small update on the mapping. Ive spent a lot of time trying to make a good wyrm spawn, but i didnt really get any super idea's, so i settled with making a wyrm cave, but i tried to make it a little uniqe, so i spent quit much time on it. So here's a little teaser :) Hope you like the spawn ( RME PICTURE)

:)
screenshot_2013_10_3_19_11_15.png

The tree is for something, but dont want to spoil it all. But there's suppose to be a tree which contains Crystals where the wyrm's absorbing there energy power. Just a funny thoery :p

My goal was to not make the same wyrm spawn like everyone else makes, cuz it looks the spawns has a tendens to look alike on every server.. To bad you didnt like it, i was quit happy over it.
So what is that you dont think fits? The hole concept of it being cave/mountains? grass?

Maybe ill show some more pic'z of the spawn with in-game picture. But iv'e currently updated the RME to 10.10 and i havnt made to get the TFS for 10.10 working yet. :S

It's got a good structure but like that dude said, doesn't really fit wyrms and looks a bit spammed

So what does the spawn fit to? I can might aswell change wyrms to something else:p and make a new wyrm spawn:p
I appriciate the feedback :)

PS: the map pieces are not only for showoff, this will be used.

Back