• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Am I a terrible person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dr-phil-meme.jpg

I want to ignore someone on here for no other reason then I find them ultra annoying.. and I never even interact with them.

Sigh.
No you aren't a terrible person because otherwise you wouldn't have this thread. ;)

I imagine I appear on some ignore lists but I don't have anyone ignored

You are beyond Saving, Ignoring just 1? God dammit, how many have i ignored :|, i even started ignoring myself

Am I a terrible person?
I want to ignore someone on here for no other reason then I find them ultra annoying.. and I never even interact with them.

Terrible? No. Stupid? Maybe a little. Or maybe not even stupid. You’re just a victim. Victim of very nasty modern propaganda called political correctness.
This is forum. Forum was designed for discussion. Discussion is about two opposite hypothesis “fighting” with each other for the status of proper theory. In short: being right.
During discussion You present your gathered data/proofs/arguments which support your opinion(hypothesis) and try to compel the opposite side and “audience” to recognize them and acknowledge that You are right. In short: showing that you’re right, they are not and those are the proofs of that.
Occasionally when both sides are wrong and They know that they doesn’t make any sense, You can try to find out "golden mean" by mixing two opinions into one more reasonable and consist blob.

Currently OtLand is full of oversensitive young people, who are victims of SJW-ish/facebook-ish propaganda of “politeness”. You were just taught that truth doesn’t matter, because the most important thing is politeness and saying only the good stuff, while whispering about negatives or ignoring them in hope of them going away or vanishing completely.

Terrible? No. Stupid? Maybe a little. Or maybe not even stupid. You’re just a victim. Victim of very nasty modern propaganda called political correctness.
This is forum. Forum was designed for discussion. Discussion is about two opposite hypothesis “fighting” with each other for the status of proper theory. In short: being right.
During discussion You present your gathered data/proofs/arguments which support your opinion(hypothesis) and try to compel the opposite side and “audience” to recognize them and acknowledge that You are right. In short: showing that you’re right, they are not and those are the proofs of that.
Occasionally when both sides are wrong and They know that they doesn’t make any sense, You can try to find out "golden mean" by mixing two opinions into one more reasonable and consist blob.

Currently OtLand is full of oversensitive young people, who are victims of SJW-ish/facebook-ish propaganda of “politeness”. You were just taught that truth doesn’t matter, because the most important thing is politeness and saying only the good stuff, while whispering about negatives or ignoring them in hope of them going away or vanishing completely.
Good you won't feel bad when I say your post was a senseless pretentious read :)

Reactions: e.e
@Xikini
If you're going to ignore someone, isn't finding them ultra-annoying just the kind of most excellent justification/reason to do so?
Like that's the whole reason why we ignore people - to not let annoying people get on our nerves and to avoid engaging aggressively towards someone that doesn't necessarily deserve it (yet).
Of course it can be (and is) abused sometimes/by some people as well, and the only way you can know which side of that you're on is by comparing the ignored party's action with the punishment - namely in this case whatever the other part has done to annoy you, and the degree to which you've decided to ignore this person because of it, and then experiment a little (be a little open to change once in a while) and you'll learn as time goes by.

Side-question: have you taken an MBTI test, and did you score as IxFP? :p
Just wondering since your question/reasoning seems stereotypical IxFP.

@Xikini
If you're going to ignore someone, isn't finding them ultra-annoying just the kind of most excellent justification/reason to do so?
Like that's the whole reason why we ignore people - to not let annoying people get on our nerves and to avoid engaging aggressively towards someone that doesn't necessarily deserve it (yet).
Of course it can be (and is) abused sometimes/by some people as well, and the only way you can know which side of that you're on is by comparing the ignored party's action with the punishment - namely in this case whatever the other part has done to annoy you, and the degree to which you've decided to ignore this person because of it, and then experiment a little (be a little open to change once in a while) and you'll learn as time goes by.

Side-question: have you taken an MBTI test, and did you score as IxFP? :p
Just wondering since your question/reasoning seems stereotypical IxFP.
Took one now.
ISTP.
Although this seems to have changed slightly since I last took the test. Can't remember which one I was.
ISFP feels like how I used to/ kinda still do feel inside, but ISTP is exactly how I am presently.

Okay.
How or why do you feel terrible for pressing the ignore button on someone's profile in an online forum if I may ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back