• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anime Talk

I'm going to try out Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, I'll let you guys know.

It is VERY different than normal anime. (No funny anime jokes, etc) It's very serious anime about a hitman.

It is good, I liked it, but it isn't super-fun to watch like some other anime.

It is VERY different than normal anime. (No funny anime jokes, etc) It's very serious anime about a hitman.

It is good, I liked it, but it isn't super-fun to watch like some other anime.
I like dark, serious anime from time tot time. Just look at Darker than Black, still one of my favourite anime out there. Anime doesn't have to need comedy, it can be a good old mature story. Thanks for the heads up though, just watched the first episode. Not sure what to think about it, I think I'll like the atmosphere and setting they'll create. I'll let you know once I've seen at least 3/4 episodes!

I like dark, serious anime from time tot time. Just look at Darker than Black, still one of my favourite anime out there. Anime doesn't have to need comedy, it can be a good old mature story. Thanks for the heads up though, just watched the first episode. Not sure what to think about it, I think I'll like the atmosphere and setting they'll create. I'll let you know once I've seen at least 3/4 episodes!

Darker than Black has PLENTY of anime references.

He eats inhuman amounts of food, virginity jokes, the bad detective that makes no money and is a pervert. The french agent jokes around. The cat gets chased by another cat during mating season. Darker than Black is a normal anime. (And one of my favorites)

Phantom has NONE of that. You will not smile, you will not laugh, you will not be excited during most almost any of the fight scenes.
You will be disturbed, unsure of who to root for, unsure of what is actually going on, and unsure of who the good guys are.

Even with all that, it is a good anime. It just isn't a normal anime, that's why you do not see a huge fan base, or people posting GIFs of it, etc.

Anime without smile is like girl without boobs.
It exists, but why?

Darker than Black has PLENTY of anime references.

He eats inhuman amounts of food, virginity jokes, the bad detective that makes no money and is a pervert. The french agent jokes around. The cat gets chased by another cat during mating season. Darker than Black is a normal anime. (And one of my favorites)

Phantom has NONE of that. You will not smile, you will not laugh, you will not be excited during most almost any of the fight scenes.
You will be disturbed, unsure of who to root for, unsure of what is actually going on, and unsure of who the good guys are.

Even with all that, it is a good anime. It just isn't a normal anime, that's why you do not see a huge fan base, or people posting GIFs of it, etc.
Haha, completely forgot about the cat being chased and those other stuff. Alright, well, so far it's quite nice.

Anime without smile is like girl without boobs.
It exists, but why?
Because I prefer a good ass over big boobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
These statements always bug me.

No the manga isn't better. You might think it is better but that just means you like manga.
Know why it isn't better?
It doesn't have animation, voice acting, music, or anything else an anime adds.

The manga is good, the anime is also good, they are both good.
The manga is probably longer, and more detailed, and has more character development, and so on.
Guess why? Because making a manga is cheap. So cheap in fact that it might as well be free.

The written version of anything will always be longer, have more content, more detail, more character development, etc.
The video version will have voice acting, music, animation, etc.

They are completely different forms of art, and you cannot compare the two in any meaningful way.

/EndofRant

Reading good manga works differently (well, at least for me). Manga completly absorbs me, I'm falling in a kind of state when I try to imagine battles how it can look/etc. Sometimes, I feel like a part of a story.
It's just my opinion. I don't judge you because you prefer anime instead of manga. I'm just expressing myself (what I think about it).

Because I prefer a good ass over big boobs.

He didn't say big boobs, he said boobs.

Completely Flat Chested Girls are... missing something.

Reading good manga works differently (well, at least for me). Manga completly absorbs me, I'm falling in a kind of state when I try to imagine battles how it can look/etc. Sometimes, I feel like a part of a story.
It's just my opinion. I don't judge you because you prefer anime instead of manga. I'm just expressing myself (what I think about it).

I get completely how you feel. I used to read a lot, and my imagination was perfect. Then movies came out and it didn't "match" my imagination.

NOTHING is ever as good as you imagine.

That is why I stopped reading fiction. They took too much time, ruined movies/tv shows/anime etc, and I could better spend my time wasting every day working on my next OT server.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't say big boobs, he said boobs.

Completely Flat Chested Girls are... missing something.
Ohh I misread that, nevertheless I wouldn't mind a Completely Flat Chested Girl if she had a nice ass. Boobs are the last thing I look at :p

Attitude is the most important shit a girl can have, a girl with a cocky attitude (not to cocky) is the best <3

Owari no Seraph new episode:
There are first sights of seraph (probably about 10%) in the newest episode. The thing I don't like is that Crowley didn't even use half of his power.

black lagoon is worth a try retty fun anime

naruto is making me puke every episode when they got back to cannon a flashback filler kicks in and i bet that in episode 417 the whole episode will be a flashback and in the last minute they will continue cannon

Hahaha, just give up and read naruto already, its what I've done. Watched all of Phantom Requiem for the Phantom, awesome, love it. Might check Black lagoon later, gonna add it to my to watch list tho.

Fuck Everything, watch Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru noha Machigatteiru darouka.
tumblr_nm948kOKAZ1tiivhqo3_r1_500.gif

Hahaha, just give up and read naruto already, its what I've done. Watched all of Phantom Requiem for the Phantom, awesome, love it. Might check Black lagoon later, gonna add it to my to watch list tho.
i might just read it really haha

Back