• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anti-bot system? Sugesstions!

Looks neat, hopefully someone can confirm it works well :p

=) Yeah, hope too. Personally i am tests this - works fine for me. Also, tests CFF Explorer, OllyDbg and other anti-debug software. For example, my protection crush Olly when it try to load Tibia.exe I am lack of many bot software, but tested them on ElfBot and BlackProxy - they detects it fine.

Not sure if this really matters, but I remember World of Warcrafts Warden(anti-cheat system) used to look through the memory to find Bot processes, like you do, and they got into some big trouble for doing so and had to remove it.

Not sure if this really matters, but I remember World of Warcrafts Warden(anti-cheat system) used to look through the memory to find Bot processes, like you do, and they got into some big trouble for doing so and had to remove it.

Do you know the reason?

Well, right now they seems works fine and cause troubles only when someone try to botting. But tests for it still required.
Also, will be great if someone try to test them with Xenobot and other bot software and give me feedback.

Last edited:
----UPD-----
My fresh test on RL :D
tVDno1u.jpg

UOPilot opens after client start :cool:

Fenrisus, how does it really works? can the software show the name of the people who are using bot?

Do you know the reason?
He stated the reason, it scanned memory (RAM) for running Bot processes, and doing so without the users consent is a criminal act. Perhaps you can get around that by forcing the players to consent to an agreement that clearly states that you will scan their memory for Bots, hell if I know.

He stated the reason, it scanned memory (RAM) for running Bot processes, and doing so without the users consent is a criminal act. Perhaps you can get around that by forcing the players to consent to an agreement that clearly states that you will scan their memory for Bots, hell if I know.

I didn't understand it clearly. Thanks.

They not only scan memory(RAM) for bots. Also here alot of other techniques for check Tibia.exe for hooked modules, it's protect client integrity.

Little lyric:
"doing so without the users consent is a criminal act." - Maybe, but how about bots? Creating bots - based on reverse engineering - that is violation of Copyright Law and TOS(Terms of Service) & EULA (End Users License Agreement) of Tibia. As fact - anti-bot protection has fully legal status(but with one exeption - if it has been used for you own game, due to Tibia - not created by me or OT community), becouse memory-scan and other things are part of software protection. Any author of any kind (non-destructive) software can protect their product as him can. But mainly you foget one thing:
Using Tibia Client for OT is a criminal act. Modify Tibia.spr, Tibia.dat, Tibia.pic, Tibia.exe - same. Hosting, develop, TFS or any other OT server - is a criminal act due reverse engineering original game copyrighted by CipSoft and violate their rights.

If we start talking about this - leave OT, dont use TFS/Mystic Spirit and etc. dont play on OTServers and play only on Tibia RL server by CipSoft, and also - never use bots. For be a "clean", legal user. Hehe. Also, before you going play this, install Mint13 or other Linux-like free OS, or buy your Windows. Using Windows(cracked) is crime too. You sould only buy this instead got this on torrents. :D Well, nProtect GameGuard used for LineAge II - doing same. Steam by Valve - collects you hardware data and here many many other examples. Simple - dont care about this. Just use & enjoy.
You make my day, nice joke thanks!;)

Fenrisus, how does it really works? can the software show the name of the people who are using bot?
That feature will become with IATGuard v.2.0, server-client based protection, when it become to public or "production". Right now that is "stand-alone" software protection.
In new version - they will show you MAC, IP and account(if logged) who are try to use bot software. Also system has implemented a short-timed bans for attempt bot on your server. For example, if player hook a Elfbot to your client, him will got a hardware ban for 3 days (configurable).

How it works? Completly i cant explain you "how them works" due security reasons. But believe, they works!
Also, in future, i will make a service where you may protect your client (for free), but on any kind - you will see only result of this. Each client & guard - should be configured for that client for better compatibility and protection by me manually by security reasons again.

Last edited:
@Fenrisus you're absolutely right, but you are forgetting that I only answered his question as to why Blizzard got into trouble for scanning RAM. I didn't mention anything about cracking Windows or the legality of OT as a whole.
You also mention Steam, what do you think the odds are that their EULA states that you give them permission to collect information about your hardware? And your remark about Linux, I'm using Ubuntu, that good enough for you?

I think the insults are a bit uncalled for.

That is just joke ;) Sorry if you think - that is insults. hehe. The real reason, why Blizzard remove it - hacking. Pointless to have protection, if that protection has been cracked instantly each 2-3 hour after release patch\update\etc. WoW - are very popular mmo game, and have a veryyy large community. Also, community of hackers/botters strong too. Also they contains pro-reversers for bypass protection.

They not only scan memory(RAM) for bots. Also here alot of other techniques for check Tibia.exe for hooked modules, it's protect client integrity.

Little lyric:
"doing so without the users consent is a criminal act." - Maybe, but how about bots? Creating bots - based on reverse engineering - that is violation of Copyright Law and TOS(Terms of Service) & EULA (End Users License Agreement) of Tibia. As fact - anti-bot protection has fully legal status(but with one exeption - if it has been used for you own game, due to Tibia - not created by me or OT community), becouse memory-scan and other things are part of software protection. Any author of any kind (non-destructive) software can protect their product as him can. But mainly you foget one thing:
Using Tibia Client for OT is a criminal act. Modify Tibia.spr, Tibia.dat, Tibia.pic, Tibia.exe - same. Hosting, develop, TFS or any other OT server - is a criminal act due reverse engineering original game copyrighted by CipSoft and violate their rights.

If we start talking about this - leave OT, dont use TFS/Mystic Spirit and etc. dont play on OTServers and play only on Tibia RL server by CipSoft, and also - never use bots. For be a "clean", legal user. Hehe. Also, before you going play this, install Mint13 or other Linux-like free OS, or buy your Windows. Using Windows(cracked) is crime too. You sould only buy this instead got this on torrents. :D Well, nProtect GameGuard used for LineAge II - doing same. Steam by Valve - collects you hardware data and here many many other examples. Simple - dont care about this. Just use & enjoy.
You make my day, nice joke thanks!;)

That feature will become with IATGuard v.2.0, server-client based protection, when it become to public or "production". Right now that is "stand-alone" software protection.
In new version - they will show you MAC, IP and account(if logged) who are try to use bot software. Also system has implemented a short-timed bans for attempt bot on your server. For example, if player hook a Elfbot to your client, him will got a hardware ban for 3 days (configurable).

How it works? Completly i cant explain you "how them works" due security reasons. But believe, they works!
Also, in future, i will make a service where you may protect your client (for free), but on any kind - you will see only result of this. Each client & guard - should be configured for that client for better compatibility and protection by me manually by security reasons again.

I really liked this post. It is very clear.

Thanks for giving me such a good answer.

Thumbs up!

Is there any chance that you make it work for oldschool version? Also, could you make it so it blocks OTClient as well? Seems like the new bot taht everyone is using is otclient itself.

Back