• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anti-bot system? Sugesstions!

Fenrisus

Ferin-Sha
Reaction score
Hello there, botting/afk-macro - is real problem for OTservers. Our players wanna see a live players online, not a characters controlled by bots. For solve this problem, i am trying to create anti-bot system.

Current features already coded(and tested) in my anti-bot system:
  • Find bots\software in memory (Both)
  • CRC checksumm Tibia.exe check (Tibia only)
  • Anti-debug protection (Both)
  • Anti-inject protection (Protects your client from Elfbot, etc. dll hooks) (Tibia mainly, semi- OTClient)
  • Launch client from launcher only (OTClient only)
  • Detect Hided process (Sandbox, Hidetools) (Both)
Examples work with simple sripter/botter - UoPilot:

Tibia 8.70 client (becouse i am have it, also - works like a charm on any versions)
iiIrYNl.jpg

OTclient works:

NnO4eTO.jpg

Works simple, when antibot found a bot process - him throw error to user and close game.

Well. I am waiting you suggestions guys. I am really needed you ideas & suggestions for knowing the way in development this tool. Be this tool a open-source or as TFS (Public - Private versions) i dont know at current time. I am only code this, and now, idk what next and what i should todo. Each opinion is important to me!
<===========UPDATE==================>
Well, my guard system, going to "beta test":
Here the Tibia 10.64 client with protection.
Link removed. Ill add this soon
What's included to public test version?
  • Anti-hook protection. They prevent usage of any bots with DLL injection. (BlackProxy and others).
  • Some bots blacklist block. (Heuristics)
  • Anti-debug techniques.
  • Memory Guard.
Known issues:
Sometimes Tibia.exe(Tibia module) may crush at startup. Simple try again, and they will works.

Please test them and give me your feedback!
Note: that is not a final ver. and with limited protection features. Just for test their behavior. Mainly client connects fine to RL server. Non tested for OT, that is un-modded (ip, rsa etc) client.

Last edited:
Very sick, keep developing it, don't make it open source. I really have no interest/affiliation with Tibia anymore but a few years ago this would of made me ecstatic. If you'd like a website done for the software and you don't have the knowledge let me know.

People who play tibia don't want to play manual, that is how Tibia is nowadays.

Waste of time.

People who play tibia don't want to play manual, that is how Tibia is nowadays.
Yeah, sad but true.
Just for example, whats happens, if ~80% of OTS install this protection to clients? =) My opinion - we can change a current reality of Tibia gameplay. Lack of anti-bot protection, does not negate the fact that sooner or later this protection will come. Of course players will look for opportunities to break protection and use their bots, but that is another story. Tibia lack of any anti-bot protection, and that is developers mistake, not players. Botting - is very simple now. We never kill this, but we can make it much harder.

If it were open source and you implemented a MUST for the player to use the anti cheat to play, it would be really nice tbh. Great work so far.

If it were open source and you implemented a MUST for the player to use the anti cheat to play, it would be really nice tbh. Great work so far.
Mainly, algorithms is coded. After integration, player cant launch client (both - OTclient and Cip) without anti-bot protection. Right now i am working on "supported" bots-scripters amount. Already done: ElfBot, AutoIT, UoPilot, Razor, CheatEngine, UoAssist, TibiaAuto, Tibia Bot NG, Xenobot, RedBot Pro, BBot, iBot, BlackD, MageBot, NeoBot. Yeah, that a very small list of bots, but i am working on this :)

Opensource? Nope, i dont have a plans to release source code for it in close future. But it will be avalible as compiled anti-bot solution. Anti-bot algorithms should be private & protected.

Still this will never happen, mostly due to that if we ban all players using bots, they will be a no-show.
And even if 80% of the servers adds these things, the cheaters will start there own servers and will get all the players.
Might be good for a server like shadowcores, who still won't lose any large amount of players, but any other server
will go under if this is implanted.

You don't think cipsoft can do this? If they wanted to get rid of all the bots they could have, but they know that the amount
of players will go down to an extreme rate, + most players will start at servers like shadowcores, that pretty much
is an "real tibia" server. And due to that no server owner will ever implant this, not if s/he wants over 40-50 players.

And why dont we want to let 80% people disappear and keep 20% of nice manual players who love the game like we do and play manual? Why hesitate? Quality instead of Quantity!

Bad situation we have. Its the bad side of OpenTibia: If cipsoft start a war against bots, the Tibia players will easy move to shadowBotters or another Otsever. Other bad thing, its seens that mostly of Tibia players dont know how to play by hand, bot plays for them.
If players dont want quality( only people with their hands playing, without bot ) then there is no motivation to do such quality server.
Of course it would be good to have atleast one server that really wants to get ride of bottters.

you can detect most if not all bots by changing default tibia packets like move,battle,attack,etc
the problem will be the macro programs.

This on oldschool server = perfect.
How does this work really? Let's say someone make minor adjustments to blackD source, will it still be detected?

How them works? Simple. When it integrated to client - anti-bot launches with client and client cant launch without this protection.
After launch antibot do this things:
1) Checks Tibia.exe integrity (hooked dlls.)(+CRC check)
2)Checks memory and try to find bots by their memory dump offsets. (*)
3)Run a heuristic scanner for detect process hided by software like Sandbox, HideToolz.
4)**hided functions**
5)**hided functions**
6)**hided functions**
7)Run a scanner module. Who repeat this actions time to time.

Also, this not affect on system or client perfomance. And you can normaly play. But with one difference - without bots :D

* Any programm have a their own unique offsets and can be detected. Impossible to hide this, becouse this anti-bot software works on "low level" as anti-virus do this. If you change for example blackD source a bit - it still be detected.

** Hided functions - special part of program, i dont wanna tell anything about that. Only - "this functions works and protect you from bots". I cant tell how this works or what it do, by security reasons.

The reason I don't play tibia as much is because it's based on botting now.... Every single server has botter and that's just how it works. I mean I can understand botting for real tibia but for OT's its just plain stupid. If someone made it possible so people couldn't bot I would love them and give em a million dollars!

The reason I don't play tibia as much is because it's based on botting now.... Every single server has botter and that's just how it works. I mean I can understand botting for real tibia but for OT's its just plain stupid. If someone made it possible so people couldn't bot I would love them and give em a million dollars!
+1 We can always make on our server less farm and other thigs for more fun. But always bots ruine our gameplay. Sometimes, it's looks crazzy botting on high/custom rated servers.

Botting - primary is developers mistake as i am say. Cip going in a bad way. Ban players who use it, becouse Tibia lack of any protection - this make me cry. Why you are ban player if YOU allow him botting on tech. level? Nuff said.
Well, you are install anti-bot protection, whats next? If someone break you protection and botting again - you should ban him? NO! Time to upgrade you anti-bot defence. Nothing more. 90% of botters now don't know how their bots works. They lack of knownlege in reverse engineering and programming. They only can download & install & use their bots. Your "enemy" not a player. Your "enemy" is bot-maker, guy who create this bot and have a skills for improve it. Not a typical player, who use it. It should be axiom - "wanna botting? play on RL. Here - OT, only REAL players who likes a fair-play style and have a skills, and hate RL Tibia nowadays & Cip changes. Not you part of OT community for this?"

ps. lol, my 100 post for 4 years on this forum :D:rolleyes:

So great. Make this great and compatible with all Tibia clients and you sir, are the best.

Back