• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anti-spoof detection; other things

nfries88

OTServ/YATC Official Dev~
Reaction score
Over at that "other site", on a topic about dropping support for OTServList, we ended up talking about adding spoofing detection and computer performance information to the "status" protocol; so that new lists can provide a fair and accurate measurement of how good a server is, rather than focusing only on apparent uptime and player counts.

Since a large part of the community uses TFS, I feel the importance of asking if the TFS developers would adopt those changes for the greater good of the community.

I never ever dared ever figured you'd be on OTland.
@topic,, I couldn't agree more

ehm, I used to be here alot; til I joined the military.

yo homie !!

i disagree, if this happen i wont be able to spoof my serv if i make one <_<

If youre good on spoffing then its unfair. But other guys with 10000 players on or like
ex.
aserver
bserver
cserver

and are lvl 1 and are online 24/7 is just noob, They don't deserv to be on otservlist's.

@Colandus, Well I think if youre good on it go for it. :)

If youre good on spoffing then its unfair. But other guys with 10000 players on or like
ex.
aserver
bserver
cserver

and are lvl 1 and are online 24/7 is just noob, They don't deserv to be on otservlist's.

@Colandus, Well I think if youre good on it go for it. :)

Good at it? It's pathetic.

How are you "bad on spoofing"?

Besides, spoofing is a lie - lying is bad, m'kay?

We noticed this a year ago already when our servers got banned even though we weren't spoofing and xinn was refusing to unban our servers and it was not easy at all to contact him. We literally tried to stop supporting otservlist to get xinn's attention, but yet again the people at the "other site" were making us look like the bad guys. Okay, I can agree that this was a lame thing to do but if we want to stop people from using otservlist we need to make them unable to, because server owners want all advertisement they can get, and if they can add their server to otservlist no one will stop using it. We even removed the code that blocks otservlist later to see if he would unban our servers, but no, we didn't hear a word from him.

A few months later we put some more effort in trying to contact him and after a few conversations we had a deal with him which included unbanning our servers. I think we can actually talk to him and have him improve his algorithm for spoof detection if we have ideas on how to actually improve it. The easiest way for me to reach him was at MSN, so if you need his MSN-address just send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Well, at least i give my support for this. Might steal some inspiration from WoW servers.

Colandus, when did you turn uber-naab?

I don't condone lying, and spoofing is lying. >.<
I want it routed out of the community.

Colandus, when did you turn uber-naab?

I don't condone lying, and spoofing is lying. >.<
I want it routed out of the community.

when i figured instead of filling the thread with arguments i just tell them im right fuck off kthxbye

some retards dont understand i was just kiddin bout not adding this shit

Back