• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anyone else sick of OTC clients?

wronson

Reaction score
What happend to custom OT clients? why 90% is now too lazy to make one and are using OTC as default? i mean its not bad but its not great either, will the OTC meta ever end or will we play OTS on OTC exclusively now?
Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

I believe there's little justification for sticking with static, outdated clients that come with limitations due to fixed source code and lack diverse options for players. Thats why many developers and servers are transitioning to custom clients, which offer open-source. These custom clients provide an array of unlimited capabilities and are easier to tailor to specific preferences. In my view, sticking with traditional clients offers little in terms of innovation or possibilities

With the OG CIPSoft clients you need to use .dll manipulation to achieve most things other than SPR modifications. Even to use "extended" sprite packages with it, you need to manipulate things with Hex Editor and force people to use the client you created - so in most cases people realize that OTC is highly customizable, far superior to the original client and you can easily extend sprites, add idle animations and so much more regardless of the client version. For example I've turned my 8.6 server into one that allows full 13x~ items/sprs with the customized OTC client we provide however players can still freely log into 8.6 cipsoft client without crashes.

It all depends on the work your server developer is willing to put in, I've personally spent extra money to provide this cross-compatibility that most owners would look at and say "Just make it OTC exclusive" but I really dont want to do that since 8.6 is highly used with ElfBot. In the future I will do what I mentioned above of providing a modified default tibia client that has the new sprites/etc but most I'd really be willing to do there is sprites/cosmetics to avoid all crashes and thats it. If you want an in-game shop, go to the custom client. If you want module windows, go to the custom client.

But as you can see - its mainly because its easily customizable; not to mention a community constantly developing additions for it.

Good question
Its not a bad client at all but OTC does not feel like a tibia client at some point +
Im not even joining servers which has OTC with 49 new buttons and 20 new systems
Playing ots nowdays feels like you playing xxl modal window simulator
Post automatically merged:

Besides, using OTC is fully legal, unlike the Tibia client.

Yeah totally legal using OTC with TIBIA sprites :D

Good question
Its not a bad client at all but OTC does not feel like a tibia client at some point +
Im not even joining servers which has OTC with 49 new buttons and 20 new systems

exactly!

.dll inejction is just waste of time, you can do everything and much more 100x faster if u have access to source and all files [otc], why spend that much time instead of just use otc?

Depends how good the otc is. Play mine and tell me if it’s bad.
Auto promote mode on :D

@topic
Original client is limited and aslong as you don't know a sh*t about reverse engineering you can do basically just nothing, that's the reason.

No tools, client with too much stuff hardcoded, no good engine either. 13.x is uphill battle while other options have everything ready to start building content from day 1.

Auto promote mode on :D

@topic
Original client is limited and aslong as you don't know a sh*t about reverse engineering you can do basically just nothing, that's the reason.
My server is pretty much dead and no reset planned at all as I’m too busy irl. What I’m saying is, it depends how good the alternative client (OTC) is developed in order to hate it. I would bet that my client is one of the best otc out there. That’s why I’m saying: Play it and proof me wrong.

My server is pretty much dead and no reset planned at all as I’m too busy irl. What I’m saying is, it depends how good the alternative client (OTC) is developed in order to hate it. I would bet that my client is one of the best otc out there. That’s why I’m saying: Play it and proof me wrong.
can't say "no". this software is indeed well developped and is quite optimised

If im not wrong, hes not asking why people develope OTC
Hes asking why people prefer using standart OTC ( NO EDITS just OTC download and RUN ) over Vanilla CIP Client
We all know u guys are the best with ur OTC its ok

I believe there's little justification for sticking with static, outdated clients that come with limitations due to fixed source code and lack diverse options for players. Thats why many developers and servers are transitioning to custom clients, which offer open-source. These custom clients provide an array of unlimited capabilities and are easier to tailor to specific preferences. In my view, sticking with traditional clients offers little in terms of innovation or possibilities
With the OG CIPSoft clients you need to use .dll manipulation to achieve most things other than SPR modifications. Even to use "extended" sprite packages with it, you need to manipulate things with Hex Editor and force people to use the client you created - so in most cases people realize that OTC is highly customizable, far superior to the original client and you can easily extend sprites, add idle animations and so much more regardless of the client version. For example I've turned my 8.6 server into one that allows full 13x~ items/sprs with the customized OTC client we provide however players can still freely log into 8.6 cipsoft client without crashes.

It all depends on the work your server developer is willing to put in, I've personally spent extra money to provide this cross-compatibility that most owners would look at and say "Just make it OTC exclusive" but I really dont want to do that since 8.6 is highly used with ElfBot. In the future I will do what I mentioned above of providing a modified default tibia client that has the new sprites/etc but most I'd really be willing to do there is sprites/cosmetics to avoid all crashes and thats it. If you want an in-game shop, go to the custom client. If you want module windows, go to the custom client.

But as you can see - its mainly because its easily customizable; not to mention a community constantly developing additions for it.
.dll inejction is just waste of time, you can do everything and much more 100x faster if u have access to source and all files [otc], why spend that much time instead of just use otc?
No tools, client with too much stuff hardcoded, no good engine either. 13.x is uphill battle while other options have everything ready to start building content from day 1.
hi guys thanks for replies
alright I understand the developer point of view now, but even before OTC, there was new OT every now and then, what does it mean then? OT devs just got too lazy, seems like?

also if the OTC is so customizable then why 90% of OTC servers are just copies of eachother? where is this customization? while playing OTC ots I just feel like its OTC ots no matter the IP address or version of the game, maybe I'm choosing bad OTs (real map, pre 8.6) to have strong opinion on what OTC can do, but fuck, EVERY SINGLE OTS? (not counting unplayable mana sitting simulator tibiantis)

while im at Tibiantis already - this OT is like really cute alternative-girl, you really want to bang her and you love her esthetics but she is borderline autistic and has no personality which makes her extremely boring and hard to be around
Tibiantis client is like having a Lamborghini and driving 40km/hour lol
Good question

same feelings here, it just doesnt feel quite right even if world creator make sure it feels authenthic its not quite hitting the target

Otclient is the most custom tibia will ever be. People are lazy to take it further and customize it. Why create something new? The thing we got from Edubart is good.

Btw, main post was talking about customs, idk why there is so much comments about cipsoft's lol.

Otclient is the most custom tibia will ever be. People are lazy to take it further and customize it. Why create something new? The thing we got from Edubart is good.

Btw, main post was talking about customs, idk why there is so much comments about cipsoft's lol.

Bcus hes asking why people not using custom client ( CIP Client ) instead of OTC ( download & run ) ?

The question is not well formulated, he never mentioned Cip Client at all but everyone else just assumed because the question is put in a weird way. From his previous explanation it should have been write as "Why OTAdmins are using download-and-go OTC instead of customizing it before launching?" To which the answer is quite simple: simplicity.

Most people are either not 100% familiar with OTC structure or don't have the manpower to work in both client and server. They focus on server (sometimes not even) and keep client standard.

Again, i know otc/v8 they did continue the development of it but I don’t know why people didn’t atleast try to use the discontinued saiyanskin client wich is more faster than otcv8… just need some work as i did for my server.

I agree @Olddies im also using saiyans dll injector. It's more original & way faster. Just need some basic knowledge to edit source files. Thats it!

Back