• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Arabian Board and staff recruitment (April Fools Joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello OtLanders,

It has come to the attention of the OtLand staff that there are many Arabians in OtLand that would love to have an own board, it seemed unfair to have an unused board like the Dutch one which has been implemented and not used for a long time now, so after a long time and a big discussion in the Staff Board, the OtLand staff has decided to open an Arabian Board due to the high amount of Arabians in this forum, which means we're going to need new Board Moderators that are willing to help us by moderating the Arabian Board, so all the applicants will have the requirement of knowing Arabian.

There is no template that you need to follow for your application, but it would be useful for us to know your age, where you are from, which languages you understand (one of them has to be Arabian), which times on the day you usually are online. You can also include which boards you would be interested to moderate.

For moderating boards, you must have had at least some past activity in the specific board you are applying for. You need to have a good reputation (and no, not reputation points!) in the community and you should not have any personal issues with any other member in the community.

Last edited:
Can we suggest people?
I suggest Tonks

Well i will start then

Hello otland my name is Ahmed [Gamersdont] im from iraq but live in Sweden Stockholm im 14 years old. The languages i understand is Swedish/English/Arabic im not pro in arabic but everyday im teaching i know how to read and write arabic if its something i dont understand i will just ask my mother/dad or sister for help. I live in Sweden my time is GMT 1 i think this week im online 24/7 hours next week its depends if i got school shit and that if i do only 4-6 hours

and ohh if i can i could be in swedish board but you got talaturen

Last edited:
Well i will start then

Hello otland my name is Ahmed [Gamersdont] im from iraq but live in Sweden Stockholm im 14 years old. The languages i understand is Swedish/English/Arabic im not pro in arabic but everyday im teaching i know how to read and write arabic if its something i dont understand i will just ask my mother/dad or sister for help. I live in Sweden my time is GMT 1 i think this week im online 24/7 hours next week its depends if i got school shit and that if i do only 4-6 hours

and ohh if i can i could be in swedish board but you got talaturen

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

tumblr_lsbgiiYKBi1r30yjlo1_500.gif

IMO
There are no respectable members here that happen to speak Arabic.. Maybe rush crush has somewhat a decent reputation but meh not many

Even though there might be a few decent Arabic people, none of them are fit to be a Moderator, I can already see abuse and bias going on. It's hard to find good Moderator, even harder when you have a limited choice of players.

IMO
There are no respectable members here that happen to speak Arabic.. Maybe rush crush has somewhat a decent reputation but meh not many

Rambo*

I'll apply once there is a proper form to follow and the information of who to send the application to.

Other than that, I'd say to any other Arab goodluck aswell :)

Personally I think it is a bad move. And if it does happen, they should be restricted to the language forum only for a period to test their suitability and integrity. Most the Arabic speakers on this community are aged 13-16 and idk if they would be mature enough. JS

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: forgot you changed to Rambo xd

Rambo*

I'll apply once there is a proper form to follow and the information of who to send the application to.

Other than that, I'd say to any other Arab goodluck aswell :)
There won't be a proper form, its up to every person to do it as they see fit

The Staff Recruitment board will be up shortly

Application Form for Extrodus,

Name: Mike Jarvis
Location/TimeZone: Canada/EST
Position Requesting: Basic Board Moderator (Open-Tibia or Community Boards)
Reason for Applying: Personally, I have been using the forums for years on end, enjoying my time here as always. I use the site on a daily basis not only to retrieve information, but to indulged others with what I have learned as well. With my activity and knowledge with Open Tibia, I am assured I could positively effect the forum and keep it clean of any unwanted traffic while maintaining a friendly persona through it all.
Reason of Choice: I spend most of my day talking/working with fellow OTLanders on servers/scripts/maps while browsing the OTLand finding what I need, and helping those struggling with what I've dealt with in the past. Which is why my first pick would be to moderate the Open-Tibia board. The second choice would be the Community Board, I tend to always find myself there after a long day working on servers to converse with the community and have a little bit of fun.

Referrals: Peroxide has been a good friend for quite awhile now, he said he'll give me a good word if need be. Sn3jke would also most likely give me a trustworthy approval.
(Assuming staff are best used for referrals I won't list any others)

Addition Information: I have never seen the OTLand Staff Applications open, so I'm just taking a shot in the dark and seeing where it lands. Let's hope for the best, either way you will continue to have my support!

Have a good day, and thanks for the opportunity.
Best of luck to everyone!

(Edit: Made this post before I saw you guys were making a forum board for the applications, my apologies; you can delete the post I have the text saved and ready to make an application.)

Application Form for Extrodus,

Name: Mike Jarvis
Location/TimeZone: Canada/EST
Position Requesting: Basic Board Moderator (Open-Tibia or Community Boards)
Reason for Applying: Personally, I have been using the forums for years on end, enjoying my time here as always. I use the site on a daily basis not only to retrieve information, but to indulged others with what I have learned as well. With my activity and knowledge with Open Tibia, I am assured I could positively effect the forum and keep it clean of any unwanted traffic while maintaining a friendly persona through it all.
Reason of Choice: I spend most of my day talking/working with fellow OTLanders on servers/scripts/maps while browsing the OTLand finding what I need, and helping those struggling with what I've dealt with in the past. Which is why my first pick would be to moderate the Open-Tibia board. The second choice would be the Community Board, I tend to always find myself there after a long day working on servers to converse with the community and have a little bit of fun.

Referrals: Peroxide has been a good friend for quite awhile now, he said he'll give me a good word if need be. Sn3jke would also most likely give me a trustworthy approval.
(Assuming staff are best used for referrals I won't list any others)

Addition Information: I have never seen the OTLand Staff Applications open, so I'm just taking a shot in the dark and seeing where it lands. Let's hope for the best, either way you will continue to have my support!

Have a good day, and thanks for the opportunity.
Best of luck to everyone!

(Edit: Made this post before I saw you guys were making a forum board for the applications, my apologies; you can delete the post I have the text saved and ready to make an application.)
You're fluent in Arabic?

I don't think he is, he said he's applying for "(Open-Tibia or Community Boards)".

If I'm not mistaken from the first post, they are looking for people for the Arabian Board, as well as over all more board moderators, etc to fill up the boards.

If I'm not mistaken from the first post, they are looking for people for the Arabian Board, as well as over all more board moderators, etc to fill up the boards.

You should Reread the 2nd paragraph :/

- - - Updated - - -

And the first infact

Yet your application is there if the do ever need to hire any others but from what was stated- it's Arabic fluent members only

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back