• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Archlight Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick overview of this whole situation:

I am not speaking for anyone here but the way I see it is this,
Yes somethings were probably handled wrong out of frustration.
1. Synnical did deserve a ban/deletion for the duplication of items etc.
2. Razorblade may or may not have had involvement in this case, but from Sir Knighters Point of view it is suspicious, better handling could have been better and more resolving.

Yes razorblade it's possible you didn't deserve to be deleted, but from what I see there's been no attempt in resolvement.

Either way, handling from both sides has been pretty low and possibly dealt with the wrong way entirely.

regardless I think a moderator should close the thread.
Well, once again, wasn't involved, wasn't the one attacking the server, bla bla bla, dunno what else you want me to do or say rofl. Why should a mod close the thread? It's a discussion and it's on topic.

Its online now.
Incorrect

Man... I liked the server.. I wanted to try out this new mining system... ;(

@RazorBlade
Archlight is full spoof? When I was slept it had 162 players online, I wake up and still have 162 players online, lmfao.
As far as we can tell, it is mostly spoofed at this point. But also the server is shut down right now, maybe for good. You'll probably find all the answers you're looking for in the previous comments.
Not spoofed... the server is off. Those numbers are just still in the database tables from when i turned archlight off. So it still appears there. Facepalm

u hax bro???!
plz lern, me mail at [email protected] or [email protected]

No, really. Everyone spoof now a days because otherwise it'll be empty for years. Because the tibia community is so dead and will always be.

Regards,
haxi braxi laxi.
mmm

Man... I liked the server.. I wanted to try out this new mining system... ;(
I appreciate that, it was great content for new, and high level players, plus an easy way to get archlight keys ingame. I really tried to balance it out, too bad it never got a chance to show.

Spoofed or not I liked the server =c

Thank you :) I got many emails, skype messages, and facebook posts. I really do appreciate everything you guys said

Its online now.
Check otservlist. No it is no longer online.

Oh I would have to acctually start searching if I were to find another owner that gives the same amount of passion and effort into his project as @Sir Knighter does. Aside from @Red @SpiderOT @Fare and @Shadowsong not many people would come to my mind. @Sir Knighter puts hours of work into the project (nicsly edited update teasers are only one thing) and even hires people for money to ensure the players are being provided with regular content updates and bugfixes. Of course its nice to make money on the side and it helps covering the hosting fees. So if it works out for him why offend him? He already gets alot of hate in this thread and nonetheless ppl keep playing and the server stays stable and online. Its mostly those who like the server that cry the loudsest. But to leak the material thread creator did is what I would consider far worse.
That means alot Damon, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
then ot's must be a dying breed, the fact that spoofing is necessary is sad

Almost anyone that has ever run a server (especially a custom server) will tell you that you that "having a good server" does not grant you players; this is an issue with Open Tibia players, the kind you will never see on OTLand.
I'm not necessarily advocating for spoofing, but I'd much rather see a server like Archlight put its name out there rather than another pizza server. For a lot of upstarts, spoofing may be the only answer.

@topic:

The biggest shame here is that someone (namely Synnical/Razorblade, whoever did the hacking) was able to breech into the server's database in the first place. Sir Knighter, that's on you.

The second biggest shame here is that some people (again, namely whomever did the hacking) destroyed an entire server based on some personal issue(s) they had with the owner; then, trying to weasel out of their shittiness by justifying their actions by saying "look he was spoofing." Sure, 60~ or so of those characters were not real. Certainly the other 80 or however many were. That's 80 people that put their time and effort into something that just got completely wasted. Sure, you hurt Sir Knighter the most, but you hurt 80 other players as well. 80 players that may never try another custom server again.

There was no reason to do this. I don't care if he spent $1k Canadian. That's his fault. He knew exactly where he was sending his money when he sent it. If he didn't have enough foresight to know that one day, likely relatively soon, that this money was going to be worth nil, that's his fault.

And by making this thread, you're looking for applause for your actions... Hah.
Red

Almost anyone that has ever run a server (especially a custom server) will tell you that you that "having a good server" does not grant you players; this is an issue with Open Tibia players, the kind you will never see on OTLand.
I'm not necessarily advocating for spoofing, but I'd much rather see a server like Archlight put its name out there rather than another pizza server. For a lot of upstarts, spoofing may be the only answer.

@topic:

The biggest shame here is that someone (namely Synnical/Razorblade, whoever did the hacking) was able to breech into the server's database in the first place. Sir Knighter, that's on you.

The second biggest shame here is that some people (again, namely whomever did the hacking) destroyed an entire server based on some personal issue(s) they had with the owner; then, trying to weasel out of their shittiness by justifying their actions by saying "look he was spoofing." Sure, 60~ or so of those characters were not real. Certainly the other 80 or however many were. That's 80 people that put their time and effort into something that just got completely wasted. Sure, you hurt Sir Knighter the most, but you hurt 80 other players as well. 80 players that may never try another custom server again.

There was no reason to do this. I don't care if he spent $1k Canadian. That's his fault. He knew exactly where he was sending his money when he sent it. If he didn't have enough foresight to know that one day, likely relatively soon, that this money was going to be worth nil, that's his fault.

Red

pizza servers sounds good... meh i am just hungry :(

@topic:

Red
Yea unfortunatly I gave access to @RazorBlade to the server as he was staff who I trusted very much, as reports starting coming up more and more often about him (which i denied to my grave.. ask any high level player) i slowly transitioned to removing more and more of his access, including that of the server, but as he mentioned he took a copy of the database before i took away his access cause, i guess thats what some do.

I appreciate you taking the time to make a post Red, as alot of this community looks up to you and what you have done.

It's sad to see now just one non-rl map on otservlist top 20.

Yes maybe i do believe it was taken to far, but i do not regret it regardless, There are many simple explanations, but knighter jumped to conclusions about DDoS and how we "Hacked the PHP database" you cannot decrypt those passwords PERIOD you think let alone a high school drop out like me could do it when some smart guys can't?
I never said you decrypted anything, i was saying you were logging on peoples characters rooking them. I assumed this was done with account information (like account name) from the database @RazorBlade took a copy of a month ago (before any of this happened). DDoS yes i assumed it was this as I received an email from kimsufi saying we were being DDoS'd. Now i understand that you guys were just abusing something broken in the game to cause the cpu to overload and crash the server. Sorry, you're right, you we're just doing something else to crash the server, non the less resulting in the same experience for players.

Why are you still off and on about this. I took Archlight off, it's over. Be happy dude. Now one less custom server on otservlist. You win.

Also i never tried to weasel my way out of it, Infact I gloated you saw my text message to him stating I was going to sink his ship, well that statement i meant. i was fine being deleted for my actions but he deleted my RL to get to me and i feel that stepped over the line, delete me k, delete my rl because of my actions mm no at that point I decided to anything necessary to punish knighter and knowing someones information isn't tricky to hack them
@RazorBlade was aware of the duping, he was a staff, and never reported it. Even though he denies it here he says "Abaddon knew too" which is stating that he knew (He who himself was a staff at the time, and did not report his rl duping) this is a primary reason he was deleted.

And what Red said, he wasn't referring to you weaseling out, he was referring to @RazorBlade constantly saying he did nothing wrong. Despite taking files off the dedicated server that he knows he wasn't asked to do, he was only given permission to help fix a script. And then also what i mentioned above.

This is so sad I just want to cry

Even if that were true, you know abaddon duplicated with me, he is your Gamemaster and he duplicated the same items i did, in the same quantity of characters i did, you know the situation of being stuck in between of a rock and a hard place well that applies here. I really like abaddon and i'd hate to throw him under the bus but i'm just trying to prove a point since this topic has already been brought up a few times.
Forgiveness is the key thing you're missing in that. He brought that forward to me before I found out, he explained the situation and apologized for it. I know he's a good dude, and I know how he'd act differently in hindsight. Nor did he deny it for weeks when I was constantly stressing about it. Nor was he throwing duped items out in the depot every 30 mins. There are alot of moving factors. He was honest about what he did wrong.

Don't let your dreams be dreams JUST DO IT!
Anyways, I'm sorry for banning the two of you, but please remember, this all started with you and razor duping and crashing the server, and razor taking a copy of the database for himself.

This escalated when I banned Razorblade for only being apart of duping and crashing the server(as a staff member).

Now we're here.

I'm sorry if you feel i'm in the wrong, but if you guys never started duping a month ago and razorblade, who i trusted, taking copies of the database, then we would not be here.

yes and i heard abaddon tossed it all in the ocean anyway, in retrospect. I like Abaddon so i'm glad he's finally got the staff title he deserves but i'm saying simply the duplication issue far exceeds just me, i know many people who've duplicated and i believe you even say you found a stash yesterday, so you can't just act like this is one person who did you wrong, there is alot wrong with the server currently, and in my boredom yeah i tossed away a bunch of shit that was duplicated with a slight motive by disappointment in the direction you took the server, like Necromancers, really? they have more health than a knight and more damage than a mage, complete bull.... stuff like that makes me feel you ruined the server quite some time ago, and yeah it was selfish of me to toss away duplicated items, and unfair to you and the other players who paid for them, but do you really think that i think that far ahead in the moment i commit to an action, I was not mad that i was deleted, i deserved it and even gave you props for finding me out so quick. but you made it far personal for me by bringing my rls into it over my actions at which point i already had nothing to lose, i figured i'd mess around get in your head a little and see what happened, for the record the PHP database had absolutely nothing to do with the hacking of Jerrymon i already knew his information for quite some time.

Edit: If you know Mitchell like I do, you'll know he's arrogant and confident he wouldn't of took your database because he wanted any of those scripts you know as well as I, he boasts about being able to make it better than the next guy. why he took it, I don't know but it wasn't for malice, he acted emotionally when you deleted him because he's supported you and your server, he's made it a home away from home and you know it to be true, I'm certain with all of my heart he had no intent to do any harm with your database.

Last edited:
yes and i heard abaddon tossed it all in the ocean anyway, in retrospect. I like Abaddon so i'm glad he's finally got the staff title he deserves but i'm saying simply the duplication issue far exceeds just me, i know many people who've duplicated and i believe you even say you found a stash yesterday, so you can't just act like this is one person who did you wrong, there is alot wrong with the server currently, and in my boredom yeah i tossed away a bunch of shit that was duplicated with a slight motive by disappointment in the direction you took the server, like Necromancers, really? they have more health than a knight and more damage than a mage, complete bull.... stuff like that makes me feel you ruined the server quite some time ago, and yeah it was selfish of me to toss away duplicated items, and unfair to you and the other players who paid for them, but do you really think that i think that far ahead in the moment i commit to an action, I was not mad that i was deleted, i deserved it and even gave you props for finding me out so quick. but you made it far personal for me by bringing my rls into it over my actions at which point i already had nothing to lose, i figured i'd mess around get in your head a little and see what happened, for the record the PHP database had absolutely nothing to do with the hacking of Jerrymon i already knew his information for quite some time.

Edit: If you know Mitchell like I do, you'll know he's arrogant and confident he wouldn't of took your database because he wanted any of those scripts you know as well as I, he boasts about being able to make it better than the next guy. why he took it, I don't know but it wasn't for malice, he acted emotionally when you deleted him because he's supported you and your server, he's made it a home away from home and you know it to be true, I'm certain with all of my heart he had no intent to do any harm with your database.
I agree with many things youve stated, and i acknowledged the spoof characters we're a mistake. Like red said, it's hard to be noticed as a non-rl these days. Theres a reason it was only us and deathzot left.

Him taking the database was a breach of trust, yea i know he didnt plan to use it but he did take it just incase to have leverage. Please dont say he took it out of malice. He took it when he had access (1 month ago) before I did anything... That is where this all began.. with duping and breaking a breach of trust. Yes i banned @RazorBlade before knowing 100% certainty he was duping, despite abaddon being honest about it and saying he was, however quickly after he admitted to it (by saying abaddon knew we we're doing it) and also admitted to taking a copy of the database back when I did trust him 100%. This all began with 1. a staff knowlingly being apart of crashing a server he was apart of, duping items, and taking a copy of a database he had no right to. This was then followed up by a ban I felt strongly was just, and then proved to be trust. And then I admitted to wrongfully spoofing characters online. So now we're here..

For all it matters, I really did trust @RazorBlade like a brother. I defended him to my grave, the second someone would report you or him of spoofing i immediatly discredited it and said they wouldn't, it's someone else. Ask epidemic, jerrymon, saul, unix, anyone.

Dont know what more you want from me

Last edited by a moderator:
duplicating? is this a common tfs 1.2x bug or whut?

not necessarily but never misjudge how sneaky the people are, I know atleast a couple methods various players found out to work for crashes/duplication.

not necessarily but never misjudge how sneaky the people are, I know atleast a couple methods various players found out to work for crashes/duplication.
Yea, I suspected it from randoms, not from you two though.
duplicating? is this a common tfs 1.2x bug or whut?
If you can find a way to crash someones server, you can duplicate. This goes for any version of TFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back