• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

Well Blinkz,
I'm not "refusing" anything, I work on the server with all the spare time that I've got :/
So "sadly" I prefer to develop and not to get attention and advertise..
BUT
When the time comes, and hopefully it will be soon,
There will be a topic for that and the website will be activated as well :)

I feel bad that I'm not replying in time to anything and that you guys feel that you're being tricked or something
But that's not the case here
I'll try to make you guys satisfied when we will get to that phase
:)

All Ascalon enemies met here again. Hey nabs if you didn't like what Gaal gonna do/have done, you don't have to tell your ideas to drop a question mark on newcomers'/oldschool's minds. Just keep your ass away from this topic, and click on 'next' button to let people get excited who want to see 'alive Ascalon' again.

Does not even need to be a ingame screenshot, could just be a screenshot of the map editor. And if you have not done any work at all, its no problem. Just be honest on what stage the development is in, thats all. Good luck on the project!

After playing in previous versions:

• Exp rate was a bit too fast before lvl 200 (lower it a bit and it's fine). After lvl 200 exp rate was too slow and the game became too grindy (there also was not enough content then)
  • Questing is fun and keeps ppl challenged, one of the reasons I loved playing ascalon were the cool quests. You sometimes needed a big team for them, which was awesome! So adding more epic quests on later stages just brings the whole server to new heights.
  • World bosses: I was missing the bosses like on real tibia (Ferumbras, Morgaroth, Ghazbaran, Gaz'haragoth, ...). Let those bosses spawn from time to time, they are fun to kill and you could add some system that goes with it like ranks, missions, ... idk (that's just an extra). If ur really into it, make boss fights challenging, make some custom bosses with one shot mechanics like Gaz, like a straight beam that can oneshot ppl. Or a shout with a devastating aoe wave right after.
  • Care with the Itemshop (there are games that survive easily by selling cosmetics only, i'm just saying). You need to rlly think out how much you want it to influence the gameplay. Cuz small stats and stuff in itemshop can have big effects ingame :)
  • Skulled mobs / generals should drop more.
  • Cavebot: Ascalon is playable without bots etc, it's rlly not cool if u see cavebotters afking in ur cave. It's important to move against botters.
  1. Appoint tutors, senior tutors (ppl that help new ppl but also help look for botters and pm gms)
  2. GM's that check for cavebotters from time to time (usually you know fast who the cavebotters are, they are not hard to spot)
  3. Maybe an "anti-cavebotchannel" where ppl can report botters and where others can reply
  4. Make teamhunting in harder zones more rewarding
  • We need some more bigger pg zones (like roshamuul, oramond, zao on real tibia), I love hunting in a team of 4+ ppl (dungeonssss were epic). So besides the dungeons I like to exp vs big groups of mobs in a team. If there are some big spots where big groups of mobs spawn, that would be brilliant! Think about a good party exp bonus that makes group hunting more appealing.

I remember some ot which had metin stones that spawned randomly, there were different kinds and they all spawned their own mobs and had some kind of special attack. You always needed a few players to kill it and counter the healing (some were rlly hard to kill). Afterwards you could get some nice loot / tokens. Maybe you could make something like this ~just some ideas...

&&

Personally I "disliked" the starting town wasteland. If you've seen the not-so-good maps here on otland and you compare them to the ascalon towns, yeah most towns on the server don't even come close... Make a clear capital city where players can gather and hang out, some smaller cities and idyllic villages yay!

Don't start from 0 with mapping, there are cool spawns, towns and maps made by otland members that scream to be used.

Last edited:
After playing in previous versions:

• Exp rate was a bit too fast before lvl 200 (lower it a bit and it's fine). After lvl 200 exp rate was too slow and the game became too grindy (there also was not enough content then)
  • Questing is fun and keeps ppl challenged, one of the reasons I loved playing ascalon were the cool quests. You sometimes needed a big team for them, which was awesome! So adding more epic quests on later stages just brings the whole server to new heights.
  • World bosses: I was missing the bosses like on real tibia (Ferumbras, Morgaroth, Ghazbaran, Gaz'haragoth, ...). Let those bosses spawn from time to time, they are fun to kill and you could add some system that goes with it like ranks, missions, ... idk (that's just an extra). If ur really into it, make boss fights challenging, make some custom bosses with one shot mechanics like Gaz, like a straight beam that can oneshot ppl. Or a shout with a devastating aoe wave right after.
  • Care with the Itemshop (there are games that survive easily by selling cosmetics only, i'm just saying). You need to rlly think out how much you want it to influence the gameplay. Cuz small stats and stuff in itemshop can have big effects ingame :)
  • Skulled mobs / generals should drop more.
  • Cavebot: Ascalon is playable without bots etc, it's rlly not cool if u see cavebotters afking in ur cave. It's important to move against botters.
  1. Appoint tutors, senior tutors (ppl that help new ppl but also help look for botters and pm gms)
  2. GM's that check for cavebotters from time to time (usually you know fast who the cavebotters are, they are not hard to spot)
  3. Maybe an "anti-cavebotchannel" where ppl can report botters and where others can reply
  4. Make teamhunting in harder zones more rewarding
  • We need some more bigger pg zones (like roshamuul, oramond, zao on real tibia), I love hunting in a team of 4+ ppl (dungeonssss were epic). So besides the dungeons I like to exp vs big groups of mobs in a team. If there are some big spots where big groups of mobs spawn, that would be brilliant! Think about a good party exp bonus that makes group hunting more appealing.

I remember some ot which had metin stones that spawned randomly, there were different kinds and they all spawned their own mobs and had some kind of special attack. You always needed a few players to kill it and counter the healing (some were rlly hard to kill). Afterwards you could get some nice loot / tokens. Maybe you could make something like this ~just some ideas...

&&

Personally I "disliked" the starting town wasteland. If you've seen the not-so-good maps here on otland and you compare them to the ascalon towns, yeah most towns on the server don't even come close... Make a clear capital city where players can gather and hang out, some smaller cities and idyllic villages yay!

Don't start from 0 with mapping, there are cool spawns, towns and maps made by otland members that scream to be used.

:cool: Liked

Well you guys are something I tell you that..
Here some screens of revamped areas and completly new areas (M.E screens) -
As I said before, When the time comes we will make an advertise post with info and better screens.

24ovith.jpg

30ivy51.jpg
15fkspd.jpg

t8sx02.jpg

Sorry that it looks lame, but if you played Ascalon before you will see a very tiny taste of the changes, very tiny

These pics are just a minor touch of
What I've done to the map so far (0.000000000000000000000001%)
With the advertise, there will be some exciting photos
And info about changes in
Dungeons/crafting/vocations/etc.. :D

That's all anyone asked for the little bit of proof that there was actually work done. Goodluck

To be honest, pretty much ascalon is copy-pasta of other maps. Doubt they would make something own.

This is looking good!

Keep up the good work and let us know whats happening with other non-map related things such as recipes and gems/stones and stuff!

obviously not everything is taken from other maps, like the town i think is made from scratch but most hunting spots/quests is already taken from released otland maps.
hopefully this can be nice, remember to advertise other places too since as we've seen all previous era it's just the otland ppl that ends up playing and they always quit after a week even if they haven't done everything

and how is any1 supposed to know who u are gaal? ur new to this forum so either give us ur old nick or smt

Last edited:
The pic seems like u used a random making enviroment programm lol

Idk for what u work on ascalon Dont wanna de motivate you but you have to work alot and for a longer time on it I hope you dont open it the next few months it wont succes find few ppl that can make create quests and good spawns make it like real tibia World with alot of Islands to travel in Ascalon there was no real travel between them just hop into a teleporter lol and there you go icelands bro :D

Make a ship to travel to few pots and with lvl req + dont make the ship travel you to everything just to islands and not all example u wanna go to lavaland so u have to travel from city to icelands and form the iclands ship to lavaland just an example :D There are so many maps u can take from otland and edit them so it doesnt look like u didnt made anything ^^ what "Ascalon" need it a good staff that stays together and works together not for few days :) ppl need something to do I also recommend to make ores and maybe u can implent lumberjacking :) everywhere to get like ores mostly in dungeons caves and wood outside so ppl can also craft stuff not only recipes maybe items too like amulets rings weps equipment I tought about Special ores where u have to take them from boss areas that spawns slower then normal ores they can add special attributes to the items you wanna make :)

For me it seems like Gaal is avoiding the thread mostly because hes not motivated enough to work on the ot which yet again is understandable.. but if this is the case he needs to speak up and tell us that he no longer can work on the server as he lacks motivation to keep going.
He hasn't explained any new scripts to us, he hasn't showed us any supposed new quest/spawn whatsoever.
If @Gaal leaves the thread like this only replying once a week leaving us with millions of questions he rather needs to explain why if he truly wants to work on the server.

Dat was funny tho :D sitting on berserker orcs shoulders hahahahahahaha dat epic bug (Fares owner time of Ascalon)
3rheaZv87.jpg

Last edited:
@up
And so you will :)

About the bad things that some of you people said,
I have to disagree and (again) tell you to have patience.
:)

Back