• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Atheism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope it's not the same thing bro. If your buddhist you worship a god but it can be any god. It was created by the ub3r crazy asians so that they could teach there youth certain core values. It was so open because at the time there were so many religions that they wanted to include many relgions to better unify the population.

Atheism is a religion too. For instance, the buddists don't believe in any gods. An atheistic religion.

No.

Atheism is a lack of belief. Do you also have the hobby of not collecting stamps?

No.

Atheism is a lack of belief. Do you also have the hobby of not collecting stamps?

You believe in something. You believe that the universe was created by big bang, but like religions lake the ability to prove god. You lake the ability to prove that with 100% certainty. And researchers into the matter lakes the ability to tell what happend before 10^−37 seconds after the bang.

By the way. It's also called the Big Bang Theory and builds upon the General Relativity theory. You can still raise questions with both of them in the same manner you can question religion.

A day is the rotation of the earth on its axis, Earth was created on the third day.
How did God know how long a day was before he created Earth?

You believe in something. You believe that the universe was created by big bang, but like religions lake the ability to prove god. You lake the ability to prove that with 100% certainty. And researchers into the matter lakes the ability to tell what happend before 10^−37 seconds after the bang.

By the way. It's also called the Big Bang Theory and builds upon the General Relativity theory. You can still raise questions with both of them in the same manner you can question religion.
There is a huge difference between religious belief (also called faith), which is based on superstitions and unproven claims. Scientific "belief" on the other hand is based on scientific observations and evidence.

"Belief" in, say, evolution or the big bang theory is not anything like the belief in a god. Evolution is a proven fact, god is not.

But disregard the semantics, atheism still has nothing to do with "belief": it's the lack of belief.

Stop spreading your ignorance.

up@I think some people just got owned.

Also God is a BELEIF for religious people, people beleive in it because of feith, if you don't have feith you can't beleive in it, that means it will never exist for non-religious people, we as a religion don't fail as you because we aren't ment to proof the existance of god, but you CANT PROVE IT DOES NOT EXISTS
OWNED

A day is the rotation of the earth on its axis, Earth was created on the third day.

In the bible, it doesn't actually say how long the days were.
They are called days but you could also see them as periods of time. So for instance, a day could've been 1000 years. Anyways, this is what beliefers say ;)

But why do you guys keep pulling religion down?
Come on why can't we live on eachothers sides knowing we're different but accepting that.

This is such bullshit

t's also called the Big Bang Theory and builds upon the General Relativity theory.

The term theory means that something has been based on facts and that it's in fact testable. Religion isn't based on anything but a story. We don't believe in dragons and flying horses either, do we? (well, most of us)

Come on guys, get your shit together before saying something.

Sorry for the dubble post. Please merge my two posts together if possible.

Last edited:
In the bible, it doesn't actually say how long the days were.
They are called days but you could also see them as periods of time. So for instance, a day could've been 1000 years. Anyways, this is what beliefers say ;)

But why do you guys keep pulling religion down?
Come on why can't we live on eachothers sides knowing we're different but accepting that.

This is such bullshit

I saw an image with that text (meme called Philosoraptor) on /b/ and thought it would be nice to share its content here :p

That's why "he" is a God. xD

The Muslims believes that God created/made everything, such as "the rotation of the earth on its axis" (<- ur), the sun etc.

I didn't read his post but agnostic means, in my words (I claim to be agnostic) "Believing in the possibility of a higher power, but also believing that no religions, writing, teaching, or idea on earth can actually embrace the true nature of that higher power"

Nothing that irritates me more than an atheist being close-minded is an agnostic. An atheist being a pussy.

Astrological allegory. Bible is full of them.

We don't believe in dragons and flying horses either, do we? (well, most of us)

Dragons are very real.

Red

Also God is a BELEIF for religious people, people beleive in it because of feith, if you don't have feith you can't beleive in it, that means it will never exist for non-religious people, we as a religion don't fail as you because we aren't ment to proof the existance of god, but you CANT PROVE IT DOES NOT EXISTS
And that's exactly why atheists find religion so illogical - if someone told you that they seriously believed in Santa Claus (or in a more realistic example, a religion you don't believe in), wouldn't you think that they'd be totally wrong and irrational to believe in something that has no proof for it at all?

"You can't prove that God doesn't exist" is not an argument. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim (which is the religious person): I could tell you that there's a species of pink unicorns living somewhere on the planet, and when you'd tell me that I'm wrong, I could simply say that "until you prove they don't exist, I'm right"!

Blindly believing in something is plain silly. Here's a great article written by Sam Harris.

Not quite.

Dragons are very real.

Red

I hope to God (hehe) that you are joking... just because something is named a dragon doesn't mean its a fuckin dragon.

Komodo dragons are lizards, I find it a little wierd I have to say that, so I do hope you were joking. :p

I'll just leave this here

xg9onq.jpg

I've also archived a /b/ thread that just 404'd, check it out here:
http://92.240.35.8/

Last edited:
no they aren't because they don't fuckin exist. Either you're joking or you're beyond retarded. ANYWAY on-topic: The Atheist Delusion

I was talking abuot mythology not real life idiot think a lil bit. so you understand, DRAGONS ARE LIZARDS IN MYTHOLOGY... OK???
GOT IT??? GOTTA REPEAT IT AGAIN??? AHH??? RETARD GTFO

I was talking abuot mythology not real life idiot think a lil bit. so you understand, DRAGONS ARE LIZARDS IN MYTHOLOGY... OK???
GOT IT??? GOTTA REPEAT IT AGAIN??? AHH??? RETARD GTFO

Lol ok :p Dragons are lizards in fairy tales. That's relevant. Congrats on life man.

Ontopic:
Dear Mr. Swift:

The Federal Bureau of Prisons does have statistics on religious
affiliations of inmates. The following are total number of
inmates per religion category:

Response Number %
---------------------------- --------
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
American Indian 2408 3.222%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Church of Christ 1303 1.744%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Jehovah Witness 665 0.890%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%
---------------------------- --------
Total Known Responses 74731 100.001% (rounding to 3 digits does this)

Unknown/No Answer 18381
----------------------------
Total Convicted 93112 80.259% (74731) prisoners' religion is known.

Held in Custody 3856 (not surveyed due to temporary custody)
----------------------------
Total In Prisons 96968

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Denise Golumbaski
Research Analyst
Federal Bureau of Prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back