• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Balance vocations!!

EclipseOT

Reaction score
Its clearly obvious that mages hit way to hard on this server compared to real tibia and thats because of the mlvl rate i mean 4 mages can take down a 300 ek easily, they should not be able to do that. i think that knights need to heal more or mages need to do less dmg in pvp.

4 mages? lmao im 276 and 4 mages cant kill me :s but you are right they are so overpowerd :\

Seriously not another one of thoose retards, "Compared to the real Tibia" ? that's like the dumbest thing you can type on "OTLAND" stop comparing every fucking thing to RL tibia. That kinda ruins the point of an OT. I can agree with the fact that they may be a little bit strong. But don't compare to real tibia please...... And no, 4 mages can't kill a 300 EK you just dont know how to Heal... + do you even have a 300EK? Would you know?

The point with ots is that they are supposed to look like real tibia but easier, and i think that the staff of shadowcores also want that. and i dont have a proof that 4 mages kills a 300 ek but what i've heard from different ppl says that they do. Btw the description of this server says REAL TIBIA.

lol

Well yea, It all depends ofcourse, if there are 4, 250-300 lvl mages. That's the way it should be. Get druids in war ffs. I rly dont see the problem. Are you saying an EK is supposed to survive APOCalypse and the end of the world? And yes this to is meant to be similar to RL map. Just because it's meant to be similar doesnt mean you have to compare everything with RL?

Whatever end of discussion, I do agree on the fact that mages do crazy dmg. I just don't want you to compare everything to RL. cause it kinda ruins the point of having an OT if you do....

well its balanced pretty good...

evry voc does 300~400 base dmg // Sd, bolt, sword hit

the problem is that its to high base dmg for ea voc...

i mean on rl an good high mage with good ml does like 300~ best on sd...

healing compared to dmg isnt really balanced

The only thing that is REALLY UNBALANCED is Exevo Gran Mas Flam. I hit 700+ often with it and im 230. That's just sick.

My max hit with mas flam is like 800 and yeah, I agree that mages are a bit overpowered when it comes to UE damage

well its balanced pretty good...

evry voc does 300~400 base dmg // Sd, bolt, sword hit

the problem is that its to high base dmg for ea voc...

i mean on rl an good high mage with good ml does like 300~ best on sd...

healing compared to dmg isnt really balanced

I agree with you, all vocs kinda hit a little bit hard and to counter that mby they should make healing a little bit higher

Well yea, It all depends ofcourse, if there are 4, 250-300 lvl mages. That's the way it should be. Get druids in war ffs. I rly dont see the problem. Are you saying an EK is supposed to survive APOCalypse and the end of the world? And yes this to is meant to be similar to RL map. Just because it's meant to be similar doesnt mean you have to compare everything with RL?

Whatever end of discussion, I do agree on the fact that mages do crazy dmg. I just don't want you to compare everything to RL. cause it kinda ruins the point of having an OT if you do....

What do you want to compare this OpenTibia server with then? Other OpenTibia servers? If you compare to them, then the server will go down hill pretty damn fast. Of course we have to compare to RealTibia. Otherwise we cannot improve the server, because you can't fully say that RealTibia isn't the best product regarding Tibia out there. That's kinda the point. OpenTibia servers will never be as good as RealTibia. However, the only thing that SHOULD be different from RealTibia and OpenTibia is the experience, skill, loot and spawn rate (if it says RL). Other than that I think that OpenTibia servers should be identical to RealTibia servers. You will eventually get higher level than the average level on RealTibia, and then the attack dmg / healing dmg will improve, BECAUSE of your higher level.

Please give me an explaination if you do not think that we shouldn't compare to RealTibia, and WHY.

What do you want to compare this OpenTibia server with then? Other OpenTibia servers? If you compare to them, then the server will go down hill pretty damn fast. Of course we have to compare to RealTibia. Otherwise we cannot improve the server, because you can't fully say that RealTibia isn't the best product regarding Tibia out there. That's kinda the point. OpenTibia servers will never be as good as RealTibia. However, the only thing that SHOULD be different from RealTibia and OpenTibia is the experience, skill, loot and spawn rate (if it says RL). Other than that I think that OpenTibia servers should be identical to RealTibia servers. You will eventually get higher level than the average level on RealTibia, and then the attack dmg / healing dmg will improve, BECAUSE of your higher level.

Please give me an explaination if you do not think that we shouldn't compare to RealTibia, and WHY.

The point of an Open Tibia server in my opinion is to create something different, But still maintain somewhat of a similarity. However if everything is identical i wouldn't find joy in playing here on Shadowcores. And would simply go back to Real Tibia. It is true that REAL TIBIA is the best product regarding Tibia "Obvious" duuh. In my opinion an OT server. Should create their own idea of a server should be "Hosted/Runned" whatever you wanna call it, but still somewhat maintain the REAL TIBIA COURSE. and it's not like the damage on this server is huge it's just that the healing is a little bit low and the dmg is a "little" bit high. Ofcourse it should be changed. But i just don't see the point in using RealTibia as some sort of template. An OT shouldn't have a Goal of being as similar to RealTibia as possible. And based on my thoughts thats what you think. Please feel free to tell me if you don't.

The point of an Open Tibia server in my opinion is to create something different, But still maintain somewhat of a similarity. However if everything is identical i wouldn't find joy in playing here on Shadowcores. And would simply go back to Real Tibia. It is true that REAL TIBIA is the best product regarding Tibia "Obvious" duuh. In my opinion an OT server. Should create their own idea of a server should be "Hosted/Runned" whatever you wanna call it, but still somewhat maintain the REAL TIBIA COURSE. and it's not like the damage on this server is huge it's just that the healing is a little bit low and the dmg is a "little" bit high. Ofcourse it should be changed. But i just don't see the point in using RealTibia as some sort of template. An OT shouldn't have a Goal of being as similar to RealTibia as possible. And based on my thoughts thats what you think. Please feel free to tell me if you don't.

Okay, let's drop the opinions about how a RealTibia similar OpenTibia server should be like, we clearly have different opinions and that is just to be accepted.
I can agree with you that the damage is not seriously corrupted, however it is not working properly if the damage done is doing serious damage compared to the healing done is healing. It all should be balanced a bit more, but nothing major, it all just need some minor prefixes to make it perfectly balanced.

thats why i quit this ots
the comunity is made of a bunch of orshabaal ots players newbies

Magic levels are a bit disproportionate compared to level and skills here due to the high regeneration rates. Other than that, I don't see too many problems with damage. There's a few spells that hit too much/too little, but nothing is completely unreasonable for any vocation.

If you wanted to make an adjustment, the best solution would be to lower regeneration rates for all vocs and drop players' magic levels down accordingly. This would likely cause a big uproar though, not sure it would be worth the trouble.

I think one of the problems is that in mages the dmg is based mainly on ml and not level. Proof of that is that I hit one time with ue with my mage when he was lvl 65 ml 106 and i hit 640. If a mage lvl 300 hits 800 is like dummy i think...

I think one of the problems is that in mages the dmg is based mainly on ml and not level. Proof of that is that I hit one time with ue with my mage when he was lvl 65 ml 106 and i hit 640. If a mage lvl 300 hits 800 is like dummy i think...

Well, that is mainly because spells are depending on magic level, that is why magic level exists, to adjust players magical powers. However, it could be adjusted just as Wangsta mentioned. Lets just lower the regeneration rates for all vocations and drop players' magic levels down accordingly and that will end with more or less great results.

Back