• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Balance vocations!!

We are very aware of that mages are much stronger here compared to what they are in real Tibia (compared to how much stronger other vocations are here than in real Tibia), but addressing it is not easy because it will disappoint a lot of players. The problem is the magic level rate together with the sick regeneration, and decreasing the regeneration makes the game less fun. Decreasing the magic level rate means we will have to recalculate magic levels for everyone, that isn't a problem as we've done it before (from 15x to 7x when ShadowCores started), but people won't like having their magic level decreased. The skill rate is 30x though and that doesn't benefit mages at all, but I agree on that it's not enough to balance it out because skills don't scale as much in damage as magic level does. I think we're going to leave it like this for quite a while though, we have many other things to work on before we can have a good look at vocation balancing. However, we will keep this in mind if we start a new server in the future to not repeat the mistakes we did when we started ShadowCores.

But you can increase skill rate so its get more balance, its my opinion...yesterday a 200ek makes utito with exori gran ico to a sorc level 65 and only hits 280...its to bad, and then the sorc hit 360 with an sd rune...

We are very aware of that mages are much stronger here compared to what they are in real Tibia (compared to how much stronger other vocations are here than in real Tibia), but addressing it is not easy because it will disappoint a lot of players. The problem is the magic level rate together with the sick regeneration, and decreasing the regeneration makes the game less fun. Decreasing the magic level rate means we will have to recalculate magic levels for everyone, that isn't a problem as we've done it before (from 15x to 7x when ShadowCores started), but people won't like having their magic level decreased. The skill rate is 30x though and that doesn't benefit mages at all, but I agree on that it's not enough to balance it out because skills don't scale as much in damage as magic level does. I think we're going to leave it like this for quite a while though, we have many other things to work on before we can have a good look at vocation balancing. However, we will keep this in mind if we start a new server in the future to not repeat the mistakes we did when we started ShadowCores.

Thats sad news. It's like you say. Duck paladins. For example i play shadowcores to explore, wanted to have more fun with bigger damage(balanced style) cause i preety much explored everything i wanted so far and i wont play in next version of it. It absorb too much of my time. Sad that paladin needs are avoided.

I told that its too late for decreasing mlv rate now. But you can just raise paladin magic hits multiplier some and hits multiplier, so we would hit compareable to mages, and heal properly. It isnt too late for that, and i dont think mages will quit cus of it. Nor paladins will.

Also i think its not like rl cause i belive rl hits from bow n so look similar to sd. I dont mean similar damage now but that we hit like not less than half of best damage, and when it would be less its just poff. At least thats how it worked when i last saw rl tibia. Here in shadowcores it looks like even 1000 dist 1000lv is able to hit 1dmg with infernal bolt. That's one of reasons why our dmg is not comparable to mages. Because we can hit 1-900 plus we miss, while we should hit like 450-900 and lower than that would be miss(% of missing counted by weapon and ammunition).

The problem is that on war mode if 30 people spam into you sd or making combo you can't alive, you die by 3/5 of them so easy with full ssa/might rings+full eq on ek or rp (doesn't matter level died at 307 ek and 310 rp with SIO BY 10 PEOPLE) So it's sux in my opinion if 300+ level tanker die by 15 people at one shoot.

- - - Updated - - -

utito works so sux, at utito I i hit 5-10hits and only after it I hit nice like 500 in people at 207 dist(on utito) It works so sux like never get critic+too often miss in target! Really sux works....

Thats sad news. It's like you say. Duck paladins. For example i play shadowcores to explore, wanted to have more fun with bigger damage(balanced style) cause i preety much explored everything i wanted so far and i wont play in next version of it. It absorb too much of my time. Sad that paladin needs are avoided.

I told that its too late for decreasing mlv rate now. But you can just raise paladin magic hits multiplier some and hits multiplier, so we would hit compareable to mages, and heal properly. It isnt too late for that, and i dont think mages will quit cus of it. Nor paladins will.

Also i think its not like rl cause i belive rl hits from bow n so look similar to sd. I dont mean similar damage now but that we hit like not less than half of best damage, and when it would be less its just poff. At least thats how it worked when i last saw rl tibia. Here in shadowcores it looks like even 1000 dist 1000lv is able to hit 1dmg with infernal bolt. That's one of reasons why our dmg is not comparable to mages. Because we can hit 1-900 plus we miss, while we should hit like 450-900 and lower than that would be miss(% of missing counted by weapon and ammunition).

I've already explained to you that paladins are fine. Sometimes you only do 1 damage, but on my paladin I've hit over 1000 tons of times even without sharpshooter (and hit over 1700 with) and that's with myc bow + crystalline arrows. Overall, paladin damage output is quite good and ammo is cheap. All magic levels need to come down in order to bring proper balance to the server. Be patient, it looks like something that will be adjusted down the road.

I've already explained to you that paladins are fine. Sometimes you only do 1 damage, but on my paladin I've hit over 1000 tons of times even without sharpshooter (and hit over 1700 with) and that's with myc bow + crystalline arrows. Overall, paladin damage output is quite good and ammo is cheap. All magic levels need to come down in order to bring proper balance to the server. Be patient, it looks like something that will be adjusted down the road.

So it will be changed?

its not too late to decrease mlv
if u do it u will have the honor of see me playin this ot again xD

mages are way too op... lvl 120 hit avarage 300+ with sd on players, thats just ridiculous

it seems like they wont change the damage so maybe they could increase the healing?

fucking nerf mages/mlvl already -.- I love getting one hit at 140+

Last edited:
i agree, i think it should be 1# priority but still maybe they have bigger problems to take care about who knows :S

Back