• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best Anti-Virus?!

none, all suck, not being retard and know what ur downloading is ur best protection ;S

also dont use windows

According to me Kaspersky is best anti virus.Kaspersky Anti-Virus inherits all the strengths and adds increased speed and efficiency based on new technologies as well as a more convenient user interface.

Yep, I also recommend kaspersky, even if it's not free. It's absolutely worth the money.

None - if you know what you're doing, you won't ever need one.

Every anti-virus is ok, I have used all of the ones listed and more. What i have found in 2010 to be the best most lightest most simplest program is MSE provided by Microsoft, Given you are using Windows My vote goes to Microsoft Security Essentials. Reviews confirm its Microsoft forefront just with a different name and its 100% free as long as you have a valid copy of windows.

Microsoft forefront
http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/en/us/default.aspx

Microsoft Security Essentials
Microsoft Security | Computer Security | Malicious Software

Microsoft Security Essentials is the best free anti-virus you can get.
And even though it has "Microsoft" in its name, it is FREE! O.O Thats rare!

AVG Free sux compared to it, however I guess AVG Pro is decent.

Northon is the worst piece of crap you can get.

MSE, by far. NOD32 has been increasingly becoming bloatware with each new version. If you remember, the 2.5, was it, were the pinnacle of performance antivirus, and now, with version 4, it was, in my opinion, hit rock bottom - slows everything so much, it is often unbearable, and I have a pretty fast PC. MSE on the other hand, has better detection rates (no, not false positives ) and runs heaps faster.

nod32 was very good, but lately, its been lacking.

I visit lots of infected sites with MSE installed and have not got infected, yet. It does a really good job blocking threats from the web. Set up a Virtual Machine, install MSE, visit a few infected adresses(fake scanners, browser hijackers...) and see for yourself.

MSE is doing a decent job. To be a freebie.

I'd go with MSE. It's lighter. It's detection rates are nearly as good as AntiVir, and AntiVir usually wins AV-Comparatives benchmarks...Avast got lucky once last month.

Some are saying its detection is top tier, others are saying it's actually quite sub par. I know there are 2-3 sites that I actually trust when it comes to reviewing AVs, so I'm waiting for them to show me some stats before I believe anything. From the site I trust though, Avira is a 99% detection, Avast is ~98%ish, a little higher.

As I said before, if you're just looking to change for change's sake, hold off a bit, let it be a little more proven, and take a look at some cold hard numbers. PLUS, Avast 5.0 is coming by year's end, and looks absolutely amazing. Better detection rates, with actual hueristics, AND a new GUI as well, might just be the new #1.

New Avast seem to be very good.

Who better than Microsoft to know how to make malware protection not fuck up Windows?
Stated a good point, but made me laugh. The difference between Linux & Windows really shows off.

What is most suitable for you? It depends.

If you are a 80 year old thug who tends to use minutes to locate your "M" button on the keyboard, you should go for Norton. Let the anti virus program control your computer for you, in your case, it might actually be beneficial.

Microsoft security essential is for performance, it use low resources, don't require anything special, doesn't control over you and your computer, you are the one in control of the program. Like it should be.

Avast is not as low resourceful as MSE, however, security seem to be better at Avast than MSE.

Last edited:
Microsoft Security Essentials is the best free anti-virus you can get.
And even though it has "Microsoft" in its name, it is FREE! O.O Thats rare!

AVG Free sux compared to it, however I guess AVG Pro is decent.

Northon is the worst piece of crap you can get.

have been reading reviews about norton 2010 people are saying its lighter this time and comcast just switched from Mcafee to norton this year. Now I am not condoning Norton but I think they are trying.

But for free MSE

Norton is not freeware, I agree a paid norton 2010 might give better security, even if its lighter, it won't be as light as MSE.

So you might be correct about that. Personally I don't have antivirus on my computer, I only browse relevant sites which does not contain viruses, and like once a month/2nd month I download antivirus program, clean my computer and uninstall it.

Common Sense 2010

Free keys available at birth hopefully.

I'm like Znote, no antivirus on my laptop, as I'm not an idiot and been using computers since I was in 3rd grade.

Norton is not freeware, I agree a paid norton 2010 might give better security, even if its lighter, it won't be as light as MSE.

So you might be correct about that. Personally I don't have antivirus on my computer, I only browse relevant sites which does not contain viruses, and like once a month/2nd month I download antivirus program, clean my computer and uninstall it.

Norton is freeware if you a comcast customer, they provide the full suite at no cost to the customer its apart of the deal :p
And not even CLOSE to MSE as far as resources No matter what Norton can do or sya whatever they want, Yous till need a seperate program to uninstall there software. And to be honest that scares me. its way to intrusive and bulky.

once I had to reformat to remove norton from my comp. no matter what i did, it wouldnt go away.

Back