• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bitcoin users?

Do you use bitcoins?

• Yes

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 60.5%

• Total voters
And I guess you are "Intelligent" enough to think stuff like this through? (inb4 the "I never said I was) answer.)

Apparently I am.

Ofc I know there are alot of other "factors" when it comes to changing things, but someone/something has to open up the possibilities for things to change.

Again. In reality there is a lot of research into those new specific stuff before we adapt it as standards. You’re representing childish idea of change which never worked.

And no, Star Trek has nothing to do with this... Bitcoin is not a fantasy currency.

Are you sure? It’s as real as Stra Trek. Bunch of one and zero. But Star Treks are video files and Bitcoins are something else.

And when I said that Trump brings something "new" to the table, I meant that we need some change. We don't need another Obama, we need someone that can ACTUALLY change stuff, and has the balls to do it. But man, I don't even live in the USA, but I guess it's more fun to try and be a part of their politics instead of my garbage country's feminist politics.

I know exactly what You did. When You said about Trump you made big mistake of confusing the nature of his action. Agree, this is change. But that’s the end of you being right. The nature of Trump’s change is different for your idea about bitcoin. Trump changed things for old and already well-tried model. You’re insisting on not proven concept of cryptocurrency without having any proofs of its being valid substitute for actual currencies.

And I am 26 btw, and I don't think I "Lack" education. I'm just as educated as everybody else on this forum (most) including you (most likely). I don't think you are some sort of mastermind. So stop trying to make other people look bad like this.

Are you PhD of economy? Or at least bachelor/master…? Because if not, then you’re really not educated to talk about it. I’m also not educated to speak about it. The difference is that I’m PhD student of biochemistry/immunology which require a lot of deduction skills. This gives me some advantage over most people.

And why is "Supporting Bitcoin" and "Changing" stuff going "full retard"? I mean are you living under a rock or something?

Things change everyday, it's just not every day something as big as this changes.

Again… Things change after shitload of research into it. Your statement is basically waffling. You’re choosing poetic phrases like “things are changing” without even understating the basic of technological progress.

Anyway I'd like to discuss more but I don't think either of us qualify as masterminds when it comes to this sort of stuff. I respect your opinion, and I agree to some extent. But man you need to embrace that things are changing, not always for the better but things are still gonna change whether you like it or not.

Again. You know nothing about the process of introducing new technologies/discoveries.

Alright, I just need to say 1 thing before I end this nonsense discussion.
All you do in these conversations you have with people here is basically "Bashing" them because they are not a "PhD of this and that". And you have advantage over people because you have deduction skills or whatever.
Just because you have a "better/higher" education in something, doesn't mean you have advantage over people in a subject that YOU don't even study... That makes BOTH of us just as incompetent.

Lets just leave this Bitcoin stuff and see where it will take us.
This is not leading anywhere, you feel like a person that will go to the core of planet earth just to prove that you are correct, and everyones else's opinion is wrong.

Have a good one.

Maaaaaaaaan, I really miss all this nonsense drama on OTLand, thanks for entertainment.

I like carrots more than potatoes. Jesus is a meme. Does anyone have slice of pizza to spare?

Alright, I just need to say 1 thing before I end this nonsense discussion.
This should be written: "Alright, I'll not address most of his points, I'll just waffle about no-one being competent to speak about it which kinda support my positive opinion on bitcoin. Maybe He'll not notice it."

All you do in these conversations you have with people here is basically "Bashing" them because they are not a "PhD of this and that". And you have advantage over people because you have deduction skills or whatever.
Just because you have a "better/higher" education in something, doesn't mean you have advantage over people in a subject that YOU don't even study... That makes BOTH of us just as incompetent.
Nope. This makes us both uneducated in subject, but at least Im capable of deducing some stuff, look atthe broad scope of different factors, etc. You're just representing naive Hollywood-driven view of change by sudden revolution, which doesn't even apply in the process of making those movies you saw too much xD

Lets just leave this Bitcoin stuff and see where it will take us. This is not leading anywhere, you feel like a person that will go to the core of planet earth just to prove that you are correct, and everyones else's opinion is wrong.
Because I'm right and becauce you're STILL representing this childish/uneducated view of not doing research into something and just adapting it assume kind of standard in our lives... Please, if you're so eager about then why aren't you signed in few different drug clinical trials as control sample...?

I know a bit about crypto. I accept it on my server and do feel it is a viable payment method.
I have also been working with someone in this community who deals in payment systems and webpages to bring forth a new era of fee less and chargeback free donations to servers that are as well fully automated.

Tenebre

I can say I found bitcoins when they were only .10 cents each. I watched them for a while and when they reached a few dollars I started working on systems to allow players to mine them from my website for my ot as well as donate with them. Needless to say I made a few partial btc off donations but not many players would take up the currency as I had. I told all my players to invest in it, though as far as I know only one did.

Crypto is a market like nearly any stock, just more volatile.
Dont invest money you can not afford to lose.
If the NYSE is mail.....then crypto is e-mail. This is a coined phrase by me.
In 5 years everyone will be playing in it, in 10 it will be the dominant form of currency globally.
There are currently over 2,000 types and growing. Some have functions like ripple(xrp) or Dent....
Time will tell what coins become very expensive, and no one really knows for sure at this time.
The one thing I can say is many will become expensive and it would be wise to grab some.

2 weeks ago I sank $700USD into 12 different cryptos. Right now it is worth about $1150.
When I invested in GoPro(NYSE) Last year it took 10 months to mature a stock to returns like that.

If you wanna bash my opinions I wont bother with a reply. If you have any honest questions pm me them. Pce :)

I like carrots more than potatoes. Jesus is a meme. Does anyone have slice of pizza to spare?
I like potatoes more. You're dumb. Get a P.hD in ecology or else don't talk about such topics, imbecile! :D

LOL. Another technohipster :D

The meaning of that word...

A particular brand of the stereotypical hipster that insists older technology was better, as a principle. Will display regressive thought where technology is concerned, arguing that a game system, operating system, or whatever else's predecessor far exceeds it in quality, regardless of its improvements.

So if you plan to be a moron, at least educate yourself on the meaning of the words you are using. Now you look like both an idiot and a moron. Good day peasant.

So if you plan to be a moron, at least educate yourself on the meaning of the words you are using. Now you look like both an idiot and a moron. Good day peasant.
LOL. Ubran dictionary is not Oxford Dictionary, so it's not like i'm obliged to use that definition. Which also doesn't make sense and it was crate by some idiot. I'll stick with my definition: Naive fool, probably child or not so smart programmer, who thinks that everything can be replaced by a piece of code.
It' much better.

I never said this definition is from Oxford Dictionary you retards :D "I'll stick with my definition:"

Wow, what a bling-bling-crack move. Arashel really pulled a monkey-swag here
XIipmdL.jpg

Last edited:
Cryptocurrencies are different from one another in many aspects. Banks have no control of the currencies whatsoever, and it frightens most of them.
In my opinion if cryptocurrencies is the currency of the future, then none of these existing currencies will be in existence.
There will be new ones made that are somewhat regulated by the governments.

If you want to invest in cryptocurrencies such as BitCoin, be aware of Ponzi scheme. The risk-reward is very high also... so you need to be active since the buy/sell market is something very relevant here.
There are securities (similar to shares) to be bought if you don't know how to use an e-wallet to buy coins directly.

There's nothing Ponzi about Bitcoin.

There's nothing Ponzi about Bitcoin.
The BitCoin creator is unknown and it might aswell be an elaborated fraud that turned out to develop into something "real". You can't say for sure. Regardless, I wasn't only refering to BitCoin, but also other cryptocurrencies.

The BitCoin creator is unknown and it might aswell be an elaborated fraud that turned out to develop into something "real". You can't say for sure.
Lmao, how the hell is that relevant to the allegation that Bitcoin could be a Ponzi scheme?
Yes I can say for damn sure say that's not the case because whether or not the identity of the creator is disclosed is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the idea, design and reality of a Ponzi scheme - they have nothing to do with each other!
The largest Ponzi scheme in US history was done by a known actor at the time! Lol
And the possibility altogether can be excluded by the fact that Bitcoin is open source!
And as far as this
Regardless, I wasn't only refering to BitCoin, but also other cryptocurrencies.
You did specifically say
If you want to invest in cryptocurrencies such as BitCoin, be aware of Ponzi scheme.
You used Bitcoin as an example here of a potential Ponzi scheme, now explain yourself instead of pretending you didn't make the connection when it's bloody obvious from the quote!

Last edited:
As BitCoin does not have a known owner, it can be easier for the creator to get away with a potential fraud, which is indeed relevant. Some experts in this area even claim there is a possibility that BTC may be some sort of fraud. I didn't say the chances are big, but they are indeed existing.

I had to Google "Bitcoin Ponzi" to find out wth you're even talking about, where you've gotten this idea from at all, because the idea makes no sense, but I see now.
Propaganda machines like CNN and Washington Post, US mainstream news sources, or maybe you read it somewhere else, but these highly unserious and discredited US mainstream news sources have made articles with titles claiming that Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme.
Once I opened the articles I was a little curious for a minute what they were gonna say, but found out very quickly that these were just cheap clickbait titles where the content doesn't explain the titles at all!
Here's an example Bitcoin isn’t the future of money — it’s either a Ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme
The title talks about Ponzi and pyramid schemes, but the content is just low quality FUD, in fact as far as I can tell these articles are high quality DEFINITIONS of FUD, and neither the article from WP nor CNN spends even one sentence as far as I can see going into what a Ponzi scheme is or how Bitcoin supposedly is one, the title is just generic clickbait and propaganda trying to discredit whatever they don't like, in this case Bitcoin/unregulated currencies (who would've thought that the US government wouldn't like unregulated currencies??????) by using hyperbolic language and titles that makes the thing they're trying to discredit sound bad or scary without even PRETENDING to have an argument backing their claims up.
If you've read some actual decent article please share, cus all the top articles on this topic that I could find is just complete garbage as far as I can tell, I'd be more interested in reading an article about how Nostradamus predicted that the world was going to end in 2012 and that the world actually DID end in 2012, we just didn't realize it, and because we didn't realize it, and perception IS reality according to everything New Age, therefor the world hasn't ended yet, but still Nostradamus was right, obviously
, and I'd rather read this because although this claim about Nostradamus would obviously be as stupid, unlikely, contradictory, actually non-sensical as the claim that Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme, at least it would be an entertaining read, like reading Donald Duck or something - imaginative and funny at least, while these articles are just depressingly boring low-quality propaganda :|

Last edited:
Back