[Bug?] OTClient 7.72 Protocol - Cannot login (just different packets?)

Narkon

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm working on Tibia OTS 7.72, and got some weird problem. I want to make a OTClient for my server but there is some weird thing. I mean, I can connect to the server with "official" 7.72 Client from Cipsoft just changing the IP and RSA key for my server. But I cannot connect with the same data with my OTClient.

I did some debugs and I can see that the server is getting a little different login packets from OTClient and Cipsoft one.

I'm getting the "Your connection has been lost (ERROR 2)". It's because this code (on the server side):

Code:
    if (!Protocol::RSA_decrypt(msg)) {
        disconnect();
        return;
    }
It's executing, so someone can say that there is problem with my RSA but I dont think so because as I said Cipsoft Client is working wonderfully, so maybe there is some internal problem with Protocol 7.72 in OTClient?

Maybe I made some mistake somewhere. I really dont know right now, what is wrong...

Please help me.
I will be grateful.

Last edited:

arufonsu

Reaction score
solved! the problem was being ot client not able to support 7.72 by default, go to game.lua in gamelib folder:

find
Code:
g_game.getSupportedClients()
and add
Code:
then you can use the unique server method in client_entergame/server.otmod
Code:
EnterGame.setUniqueServer("127.0.0.1", 7171, 772)
then edit your OTSERV_RSA from const.lua in gamelib folder, so it matches your server's

4drik

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
I think only your 'ot client' does not support 7.72.
I connected to my 7.72 server without any problem by official OTClient like 3 years ago.
You must have horribly old files.