• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Can connect to character list but not game

keatoru

...workin...
Reaction score
OK so prepare to read. gonna give you a bunch of information in an attempt to get the best help. Please read all of it, I don't like getting replys about something i already explained in the OP. So here we go.

Server Distro: Latest Crying Damson release
Data pack: 8.54-8.55 Real map by Vardius (Venn)

Running windows 7 64 bit.

So this is what is happening.

We start up the server, it goes through, all good, server online.

Host connects and he gets in-game.

I try to connect, and it doesn't work.

Port problem right? yea so we checked:
ports forward: CHECK
firewall bypassed: CHECK
running as admin: CHECK

so wtf?

The one hosting the server also host a minecraft server. so he shut if off and we tryed the minecraft port 25565 for all ports. we turned on the server and tryed to connect.

We can now both get onto the character selection but when we try and get in game it says it can not connect to game server.

we thought maybe the game port has to be different from all the others since it is by default. so we tried 25566 as gameport. (port forwarding and such as usual)

My host is now able to get in game but I still get the can not connect to game server.

Host tested the ports at canyouseeme and both ports are open.

--------------------------

run down of wat happens in tibia client.

I use Talaturens IP Changer to change to my hosts direct ip with port 25565 like he does. I click log in, use acc 1 pass 1, character list comes up. I select account manager and click ok. It says connecting to game and then goes to
Can not connect to game server

Error:Connection Refused.(10061)

Any ideas?

just trying to be thorough,

so for IP = "" i would put the IP i get from a whatismyip check, correct?

EDIT: Changed it and it worked thanks so much!

Last edited:
Yep, its typical to do such mistakes. Happens to me all the time. :p

Im having this error 10061 when anyone trys to login, now i managed to fix the error for like 5 seconds, then i logged out and tryed to relog and it happened again, only difference was i created a bran new database.. not even recreating character's and accounts wouldn't let me login again.. What could be the cauz of this problem?!?!

I KNOW ALL PORTS ARE OPEN, and why the F would that even matter for me to login on the pc im running the server from.......
I tryed Changing ALL IP'S to localhost and to 127.0.0.1 and the main ip to my global extrenal ip address............

ALSO there for a min i got it to work when putting ip = "localhost"... and again once i logged out and tryed to log back in it gave me the 10061 error, and once i managed to get error 10060... -.- PLEASE HELP

Back