• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [9.1] [Custom-Rookgaard] RookTales RPG [10 years+ creating/balancing]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
http://rooktales.ddns.net/
Server Address
Rooktales.ddns.net
Server Port
Client Protocol

xbaconghostx

Reaction score
RookTales RPG
IP: rooktales.ddns.net
Port:7171 Client:9.1

RookTales is a custom Rookgaard experience. It is geared towards players of old tibia, Rookstayers and players on a budget.
My server is 100% free, all content is obtainable in game. no pay to win.
In Rooktales you will experience blasts of nostalgia,
mixed with exciting NEW mechanics and TONS of custom quests.
PVP Level 8+ Town is non-pvp zone.
Updates are almost daily, and new content will continue to come. Player feedback is welcome and important!
This server took over 10 years to complete and has went completed BETA testing!
So come explore, roleplay, pvp, and have fun in a very unique way!

RULES: NO BOTTING!!!!!

From 'Glaszcz Koldre' a player since beta:
The game is focused on role play, i.e. playing in a team. Each profession has its task and they complement each other. Knight is a tank, the druid summons creatures and heals, Paladin does the biggest DPS, but he doesn't have much defense, sorc uses strong spells and can make strong runes!
All monsters have been edited, drop also. For example, at level 30, you can explore harder areas, kill dragons, and even Giant Spiders. The whole game has undergone a complete balance. There are a lot of new raids that even change how the map looks! For example, the demodras' raid makes the whole rookgaard burn! And believe me, you can kill him in the group. 🙂 There are also a lot of new quests, new lore, stories in books, secrets, sites. The game is huge, you can see that they created it for 10 years. Skill and exp rate feel natural. Literally EVERYTHING has been adjusted and the exp has been changed. Also will not crash after two days.

Depot, Mail, Houses, Bank, and more!

Untitled.png

Buy a Key to come Train in your downtime!

trainers.png
Come rent Horse mounts from Palomino on Tutorial island!
horses.png

Explore the Dwarf Mines all underneath the island!

dwarf mine.png

Work with the Community to take down Rare and challenging Raids!
demo.jpg

Last edited:
Also will not crash after two days.
That's quite ironic considering the server was repeatedly crashing a few days after launch.

I can believe you've put 10+ years of work into this project, but this work was certainly put primarily into adding more and more content. From the technical point of view it's a disaster unfortunately; even though I had played here for only about two days, I already discovered a few important bugs which aren't fixed until today even though I reported one of them a week ago.

Another problem with this server is that its main appeal are lots of mysteries and secrets, but considering the vast majority of the map and scripts were published here on OTLand, solving any of these mysteries is a matter of opening the map in RME and analyzing appropriate scripts. Which is sad because the server had quite a lot of potential otherwise.

That's quite ironic considering the server was repeatedly crashing a few days after launch.

I can believe you've put 10+ years of work into this project, but this work was certainly put primarily into adding more and more content. From the technical point of view it's a disaster unfortunately; even though I had played here for only about two days, I already discovered a few important bugs which aren't fixed until today even though I reported one of them a week ago.

Another problem with this server is that its main appeal are lots of mysteries and secrets, but considering the vast majority of the map and scripts were published here on OTLand, solving any of these mysteries is a matter of opening the map in RME and analyzing appropriate scripts. Which is sad because the server had quite a lot of potential otherwise.
I believe he means the server is here to stay, it will not be shutting down permanently. However we have not crashed since the first few days after launch.
To be clear Paco is the one who spent 10 years working on this server.
[Also his account was banned here on OTLAND for no apparent reason so if a mod can help him that would be great]
He put the files here on OTland for free for everyone. I have spent the past several months expanding, improving, debugging, and balancing what he created. I am working hard every day on the server to improve and fix bugs. We have absolutely no crashes, and every bug reported to me is fixed as fast as possible! In the 2 days you played there may have been issues, but since then we have had great improvements.
You are absolutely right, a lot of things can be spoiled. However in real tibia you can spoil every single quest, and people do.
I have edited, many many existing quests in the game, as well as added new ones.
You can use the files here on OT land as a rough guide, but i promise you almost every single file and quest has been changed.
Creatures, loot, quests, mechanics, summons, spells, everything is different.
Come back and give us a try and let me know what you think after another 2 days!

You have to definitely work with the website, the downloads section says its 10.98 client while here you say it's 9.1. Community -> item market points to " Table 'rookgaardtales.market_offers' doesn't exist ". Server informations are empty. Created in character section points to " C:\xampp\htdocs\characterprofile.php on line 162 ". Around character name there is " C:\xampp\htdocs\characterprofile.php on line 68 " Idk how stamina works here but character stamina points are 2415038:67

I believe he means the server is here to stay, it will not be shutting down permanently. However we have not crashed since the first few days after launch.
To be clear Paco is the one who spent 10 years working on this server.
[Also his account was banned here on OTLAND for no apparent reason so if a mod can help him that would be great]
He put the files here on OTland for free for everyone. I have spent the past several months expanding, improving, debugging, and balancing what he created. I am working hard every day on the server to improve and fix bugs. We have absolutely no crashes, and every bug reported to me is fixed as fast as possible! In the 2 days you played there may have been issues, but since then we have had great improvements.
You are absolutely right, a lot of things can be spoiled. However in real tibia you can spoil every single quest, and people do.
I have edited, many many existing quests in the game, as well as added new ones.
You can use the files here on OT land as a rough guide, but i promise you almost every single file and quest has been changed.
Creatures, loot, quests, mechanics, summons, spells, everything is different.
Come back and give us a try and let me know what you think after another 2 days!
I don't think I'll play here again. Even if the bugs are fixed now (but they aren't, at least the bug I reported isn't because I've just checked it), having access to server files, even if they were modified a bit, just doesn't appeal to me. You can say I don't have to use these files, but not using them would only mean falling behind other players. But good luck with the project anyway.

I don't think I'll play here again. Even if the bugs are fixed now (but they aren't, at least the bug I reported isn't because I've just checked it), having access to server files, even if they were modified a bit, just doesn't appeal to me. You can say I don't have to use these files, but not using them would only mean falling behind other players. But good luck with the project anyway.
Sorry to hear you feel that way. However its just not true. I hope to see you come back!
Post automatically merged:

You have to definitely work with the website, the downloads section says its 10.98 client while here you say it's 9.1. Community -> item market points to " Table 'rookgaardtales.market_offers' doesn't exist ". Server informations are empty. Created in character section points to " C:\xampp\htdocs\characterprofile.php on line 162 ". Around character name there is " C:\xampp\htdocs\characterprofile.php on line 68 " Idk how stamina works here but character stamina points are 2415038:67
It is a just a working website while i get the Official site ready. I will fix that link now. I have been very focused on the server itself, we are a new server! We are working on a much more legitimate site =]

Man, anybody can say that they spotted a bug, reported it, and nobody responded to it. If you dont want to play it, thats fine, but at least tell OP what he did wrong and what needs to fixed, so people would enjoy it, instead of wasting time because of "some" bugs.

From my point of view, and I play sinced beta, I reported some quest, map, balance issues, and they were solved as quickly, as Griz could respond.

Administration on most servers I played was only for banning players, or watching how their community grow.
In this case, Griz isnt just watching. He fully participates in your experience through whole new content of this OT, he is open for suggestions and easily respond for player needs. You can just join discord to see for yourself, or log in a for a moment every few days to week to see the changes he made.

About files posted here somewhere, you can use them if you want. It wont ruin the experience of playing here for you. And trust me, it will only help you as a "map" to where to go or dig, since Griz added and changed like 90% of how things work.
Almost every OTS has a wiki or webpage with their quest solutions, maps, npcs, etc. Even global tibia.

So yeah, a BIG yes from me.

Man, anybody can say that they spotted a bug, reported it, and nobody responded to it. If you dont want to play it, thats fine, but at least tell OP what he did wrong and what needs to fixed, so people would enjoy it, instead of wasting time because of "some" bugs.
He knows what the bug is because I described it clearly via the Helpdesk; I don't see a point in repeating it all here.

Edit: Also the bug can be easily abused by players so writing about it publicly wouldn't be a good idea, unless you want to give the admin more reasons to fix it asap.

He knows what the bug is because I described it clearly via the Helpdesk; I don't see a point in repeating it all here.

Edit: Also the bug can be easily abused by players so writing about it publicly wouldn't be a good idea, unless you want to give the admin more reasons to fix it asap.
There has been no bug reported to me that players can abuse, that has not been addressed. Also i have no help desk. If you really know a bad bug please report it to me via mesage discord or in game.

Is an awesome idea but i agree with @Wirox needs stability a better host and more dedication from owners also a bette rpage would be great

Is an awesome idea but i agree with @Wirox needs stability a better host and more dedication from owners also a bette rpage would be great
We are 100% stable with a great host. Im also online every single day talking to player and working on servers. I doubt there is a single OT with a more involved admin than myself. The website is terrible at the moment, but we are working on a better version.

then get a better page and an actual domain FFs and the server needs stability bro

I've sent you a PM. This is the Helpdesk I mean: RookTales (http://rooktales.ddns.net/helpdesk.php)
The bug you are referring to is something we are working on. just because it is not fixed yet does not mean it wont be. its a complicated issue. however its not a GAMEBREAKING abusable bug. you start w a 50hp difference depending on how you created a character. i am ONE man working on all of this bro. Give me some time. Also the website is not fully functional yet.

then get a better page and an actual domain FFs and the server needs stability bro
Uptime: 91.7531% what do you mean by stability? the 9% downtime is from one night after launch having issues with crash. since then we have had no downtime aside from updates.

Last edited:
The bug you are referring to is something we are working on. just because it is not fixed yet does not mean it wont be. its a complicated issue. however its not a GAMEBREAKING abusable bug. you start w a 50hp difference depending on how you created a character. i am ONE man working on all of this bro. Give me some time. Also the website is not fully functional yet.

Uptime: 91.7531% what do you mean by stability? the 9% downtime is from one night after launch having issues with crash. since then we have had no downtime aside from updates.

That is what i was refering to

That is what i was refering to
The bug is now patched!

The bug is now fixed, will be implemented after udpate

My experience here has been solid. Personally I admire the unique approach to this ot. It's nostalgic <3. I play "real tibia" and have a level 208 MS. I haven't played "real tibia" in over a month to put into perspective how much I enjoy it here. All of the players are respectful and helpful. The few issues I've had, Griz/Paco would fix them in a reasonable time. I highly recommend this server! Come play and set out on an epic adventure with us!

New Task system through Tom!!!
Get different rewards for everyone of the 16 tasks!
Can complete every 24 hours!

i could not believe paco server was finally online after so long i was so excited to share the experience with more people
this server has been one of my favortes of all time but i have to say i was disapointed with your edits
it's just odd and the edits does not feel like rookgaard i did not played much but what i saw was enough

i could not believe paco server was finally online after so long i was so excited to share the experience with more people
this server has been one of my favortes of all time but i have to say i was disapointed with your edits
it's just odd and the edits does not feel like rookgaard i did not played much but what i saw was enough
What edits do you have in mind exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back