• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Cannot connect to the server after recompiling another source

dnmk

Reaction score
Hi there!
First off, before we get to the problem, I have been using TFS 1.5 8.60 Nekiro downgrade downloaded here:
GitHub - nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades at 8.60 (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60)
The connection was working fine, but for some reason the "Who is Online?" tab on the website wasnt showing players that were actually online. I've searched that it might be a distro problem, so i searched for another distro.
I have found this
GitHub - moviebr/TFS-1.5-Downgrades: Alternative forgottenserver versions for older protocols support (https://github.com/moviebr/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60)
But after recompiling, setting up config.lua, the TFS runs fine, but if i try to connect to the server this happens:
Zrzut ekranu 2023-09-01 235411.png
This is from OTClient that i had previously connected to the server.
No errors in console too.
I also tried connecting from Tibia Loader, and it gives this:
obraz_2023-09-02_000410727.png
I switched the config.lua to previous one to check if its something with the config, but that didnt changed anything.

Where to look for?

definitions.h
Lua:
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MIN = 860;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MAX = 860;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_STR = "8.60";

static constexpr auto AUTHENTICATOR_DIGITS = 6U;
static constexpr auto AUTHENTICATOR_PERIOD = 30U;

Hi there!
First off, before we get to the problem, I have been using TFS 1.5 8.60 Nekiro downgrade downloaded here:
GitHub - nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades at 8.60 (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60)
The connection was working fine, but for some reason the "Who is Online?" tab on the website wasnt showing players that were actually online. I've searched that it might be a distro problem, so i searched for another distro.
I have found this
GitHub - moviebr/TFS-1.5-Downgrades: Alternative forgottenserver versions for older protocols support (https://github.com/moviebr/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60)
But after recompiling, setting up config.lua, the TFS runs fine, but if i try to connect to the server this happens:
View attachment 78098
This is from OTClient that i had previously connected to the server.
No errors in console too.
I also tried connecting from Tibia Loader, and it gives this:
View attachment 78099
I switched the config.lua to previous one to check if its something with the config, but that didnt changed anything.

Where to look for?

definitions.h
Lua:
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MIN = 860;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MAX = 860;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_STR = "8.60";

static constexpr auto AUTHENTICATOR_DIGITS = 6U;
static constexpr auto AUTHENTICATOR_PERIOD = 30U;

try with

packetCompression = false

in config.lua

and ofc check if u're using the OTSERV_RSA in the client properly

Last edited:
try with

packetCompression = false

in config.lua

and ofc check if u're using the OTSERV_RSA in the client properly
That didnt worked. About the RSA i tried to log in with Tibia Loader, and with IP Changer where i should not make any changes to the client. It was working on the previous distro and i havent changed any RSA then besides the ip that it connects to.

That didnt worked. About the RSA i tried to log in with Tibia Loader, and with IP Changer where i should not make any changes to the client. It was working on the previous distro and i havent changed any RSA then besides the ip that it connects to.

try set ur local ip these with 192.168.0.1 example, search on your conection, client and server need the same ip. if u use remote host thats another thing

Back