• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cannot connect with TFS client on a server hosted on a VM

yexos71065

Reaction score
Hi,

I compiled TFS on Ubuntu on a VM, moved the custom client to my host system, edited the IP to match the VM's, logged in, even showed the characters list, but upon entering it says the server is offline, meanwhile, I can play normally on my VM. I did the same with the leaked server files, and it works, I can play on the host while the server is online on Ubuntu. Why can't I with TFS?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,

I compiled TFS on Ubuntu on a VM, moved the custom client to my host system, edited the IP to match the VM's, logged in, even showed the characters list, but upon entering it says the server is offline, meanwhile, I can play normally on my VM. I did the same with the leaked server files, and it works, I can play on the host while the server is online on Ubuntu. Why can't I with TFS?

Thank you.
Have you changed the IP in config.lua tô the vm IP?

Yes, I did it just now, before I saw your comment, and it worked. I am now facing an issue where no NPCs in Rook exist. I changed the map from TFS to a 7.4 one I found, maybe that is why.
Yes, you need the npc files or spawn doesnt have the npcs

Yes, you need the npc files or spawn doesnt have the npcs
I spent the whole day looking for those. I found a couple of 7.4 projects on GitHub with a bunch of NPC files, and I managed to add many back, but I see The Gatekeeper from the premium side of Rookgaard is missing, Lily neither responds to "sell blueberries" nor buys even I have plenty in my bag, when I managed to make her ask if I am OK with 1 GP in another way I forgot now, and Norma ignores me. Pretty bugged so far.

Do you know where I can get proper NPC files that are working?

Last edited:
I spent the whole day looking for those. I found a couple of 7.4 projects on GitHub with a bunch of NPC files, and I managed to add many back, but I see The Gatekeeper from the premium side of Rookgaard is missing, Lily neither responds to "sell blueberries" nor buys even I have plenty in my bag, when I managed to make her ask if I am OK with 1 GP in another way I forgot now, and Norma ignores me. Pretty bugged so far.

Do you know where I can get proper NPC files that are working?
I have those npcs, but im working now, if i manage to go home before u found a solution, i'll for sure share with u all npcs already working.

Only to you know, maybe i can only help u tomorrow or in two days, work today and tomorrow in the night

I have those npcs, but im working now, if i manage to go home before u found a solution, i'll for sure share with u all npcs already working.

Only to you know, maybe i can only help u tomorrow or in two days, work today and tomorrow in the night
Thank you very much. I haven't found any more files that work.

If you by any chance have 7.4 map too, I'd be most grateful. The one I downloaded doesn't have doors locked, and the bridge under the sewers in Rook doesn't work.

Thanks!

Hi @mano368,

I believe I fixed the issue with the NPCs. Although I still see some errors related to other NPCs that seem to be on ships, I can now at least buy and sell items in Rookgaard. Unfortunately, I am still facing some issue with a 7.4 map by @222222 I downloaded. They are:

1. The main sewer's bridge in the center of Rookgaard doesn't work
  2. The bridge to the premium area doesn't work, despite having free premium time
  3. The bridge at the north doesn't work, despite being level 2
  4. The rapier quest gave me an empty chest instead of the sword, and I couldn't even put it on the ground. I had to throw away the backpack.
  5. All the doors are unlocked

I am not sure if it is really a map issue or items.otb, because I always see a message saying an updated items.otb is needed upon starting the server. But whenever I exchange the files, the server doesn't initialize and shows an error saying the items.otb couldn't be loaded.

Last edited:
Hi @mano368,

I believe I fixed the issue with the NPCs. Although I still see some errors related to other NPCs that seem to be on ships, I can now at least buy and sell items in Rookgaard. Unfortunately, I am still facing some issue with a 7.4 map by @222222 I downloaded. They are:

1. The main sewer's bridge in the center of Rookgaard doesn't work
  2. The bridge to the premium area doesn't work, despite having free premium time
  3. The bridge at the north doesn't work, despite being level 2
  4. The rapier quest gave me an empty chest instead of the sword, and I couldn't even put it on the ground. I had to throw away the backpack.
  5. All the doors are unlocked

I am not sure if it is really a map issue or items.otb, because I always see a message saying an updated items.otb is needed upon starting the server. But whenever I exchange the files, the server doesn't initialize and shows an error saying the items.otb couldn't be loaded.
I think that map doesnt come with scripts, u need to add all by yourself, from rook to all mainland cities

@yexos71065 here we go, change as you wish, make sure to put in correct folder and I removed some changes that I do for my server, so, if you found any error, try to solve or post here

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you. The NPCs seem fine now.

So, regarding the map, I did find a quest.xml file that has only two example quests. Maybe that is why, then? So it means I will still need to scour for the XML file of the quests for the 7.4 version. At this point, this is all a waste of time, and I'm not even playing it. I just wanted to play the 7.4 version, but everything is scattered around, with old and new versions mixed. I had to make too much effort to fix the NPCs and then the speeches by mixing scripts and code I found everywhere. With such a big community creating OTs every minute, it surprises me there isn't a more centralized way to download whatever version one wants, with everything needed working already, to play offline. Just download, compile/execute, and done.

If I want an old version, maybe I should just stick to the 7.7 that has been leaked, with the 7.4 sprites, but it feels weird.

Thank you again.

Thank you. The NPCs seem fine now.

So, regarding the map, I did find a quest.xml file that has only two example quests. Maybe that is why, then? So it means I will still need to scour for the XML file of the quests for the 7.4 version. At this point, this is all a waste of time, and I'm not even playing it. I just wanted to play the 7.4 version, but everything is scattered around, with old and new versions mixed. I had to make too much effort to fix the NPCs and then the speeches by mixing scripts and code I found everywhere. With such a big community creating OTs every minute, it surprises me there isn't a more centralized way to download whatever version one wants, with everything needed working already, to play offline. Just download, compile/execute, and done.

If I want an old version, maybe I should just stick to the 7.7 that has been leaked, with the 7.4 sprites, but it feels weird.

Thank you again.
If u only want run and play, try the leaked. If u want to put it online, u need to waste your time making whats needed to make it even playable and "correct"

If u only want run and play, try the leaked. If u want to put it online, u need to waste your time making whats needed to make it even playable and "correct"
It's really to play offline only. I wanted the 7.4 because it's when I really began, there are no wands, soul points, spears don't break, and so on. There's no way I can alter these in the leaked version, is there?

It's really to play offline only. I wanted the 7.4 because it's when I really began, there are no wands, soul points, spears don't break, and so on. There's no way I can alter these in the leaked version, is there?
Idk nothing about leaked

Back