• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC can't connect mysql

verselce

Reaction score
hello, i can't make my own tibia server, the engine compilation went without a problem, only I have a problem with specifying the destination path, acc maker does not detect my config.lua folder.

I have clean Debian 11, what do I need to install to make it work?

It's impossible to tell without further information.

I'm assuming you're using MySQL Server for this and has set it up (setting password for your root user, etc.).
Does it show that the MySQL server is enabled and running?

Lua:
systemctl status mysql.service

If not, enable it and then start it.
Enable = Make it autostart on the server
Start = Start the service

Lua:
systemctl enable mysql.service
systemctl start mysql.service

Try connect to it via the CLI (command line interface):
Lua:
mysql -u root -p

And enter your password. What does it say? Are you able to connect to the database there?

Last edited:
mysql installation is no problem, the problem starts when I enter phpmyadmin and try to upload schema.sql or when installing accmaker I have to enter the path to the config folder

i am using debian 11 VPS

@verselce What? Installation could be okay but it can simply be off that's why @222222 suggests to check wheter it's running at all and if so to check connection from CLI.

If as you said you're able to login into PMA it means MySQL is up and running, so what's the error you get when you try to upload schema.sql?

Last edited:
try to chmod 777
Post automatically merged:

chmod 777 config.lua (when you are in the folder that contains this file)
chmod -R 700 /var/www/
chown -R www-data /var/www/

mysql installation is no problem, the problem starts when I enter phpmyadmin and try to upload schema.sql or when installing accmaker I have to enter the path to the config folder

i am using debian 11 VPS

Okay, now I understand your problem. You simply wonder how to import your schema.sql file?
Well, you don't need to use phpMyAdmin to upload your schema.
You can do all of this via the terminal (CLI - Command Line Interface).

Open a terminal window in the folder where your schema.sql file is located.
First, make sure to login to your MySQL server.

If it's on the same server you're on, type:
Lua:
mysql -u root -p

If it's on another server, type (change ip_address to the ip address, and port_number to the port):
Lua:
mysql -u root -h ip_address -P port_number -p

Once logged in, create a new database and name it whatever you entered in your config file:

Code:
CREATE DATABASE name_of_database;

Then logout from the MySQL database:

Code:
exit;

Then you can import your schema file into the database by writing:

If it's on the same server you're on, type:
Code:
mysql -u root -p name_of_database < schema.sql

If it's on another server, type (change ip_address to the ip address, and port_number to the port):
Code:
mysql -u root -h ip_address -P port_number -p name_of_database < schema.sql

Make sure your terminal window is in the same directory as your schema file. If not, you will have to provide the full path to the schema.sql file. Once you have imported the file like that, you can login to the MySQL database and check that it imported everything:

Code:
mysql -u root -p
SHOW DATABASES;
USE name_of_database;
SHOW TABLES;
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM table_name;

Last edited:
Back