• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Can't connect to my own server.

Kazevura

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I can't seen to connect to my own server, I'm using TFS 1.0 real map (much like Printer's one with some modifications), Gesior website, using Vertrigo WebServer. I just picked up an OT so I could play alone or with 6 or so friends on this new version of Tibia (We're from the times of 7.9). And really, it was much easier to create OT servers back then...
Well anyway, whenever I try to connect to my server it says it's loading the character list but i doesn't get past that, it doesn't even prompt that someone has tried to login on the console. I used my external IP on config.lua, used "localhost" for mySQL settings, the config.php in the WWW folder of the website seems to have the correct adress for the OT server folder, I have imported a compatible database as well, and the DB name corresponds to its name in config.lua. I've tried disabling the Firewall as well as re-adding all ports, and doing port forwarding on the router. I've used to host servers like this, but since the methods to put a server up and running have changed (in my opinion to a less practical way) theses issues came up to me.
Any advises?

Not sure, but seems like you've done everything correctly. One error that has occurred to me sometimes has been that I need to use localhost as the IP-address on the host pc. Which IP-address are you trying to connect with?

I've tried them all basically, I've tried the external ip, the internal, 127.0.0.1, haven't tried with localhost, I'll give it a shot.

EDIT--
Didn't work =S

Last edited:
Shouldn't be any difference between 127.0.0.1 and localhost

Does this tool tell you that the 7171 port is opened when the server is running?
http://************/index.php?portchecker

the ports shouldn't matter if you connect locally, and if port the port tool sas that the port is open it should work for the public.

I've tried a password without special characters, It didn't seem to change anything, I'll try other versions to really see the compatibility of the server.

EDIT--
Tried with other versions but no luck, also switched some dll's and it also didn't work apart from the global.lua inability to load after the exchange.
Will try to use other DB's and try other kinds of compiling.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think there are some errors in the compiling for some reason. Since the client doesn't even connects to the server in any way.

Back