• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't connect to MySql server on localhost (2003)(10061)

steelzord

Reaction score
TFS 1.1, Windows 8.1 64x, xampp 1.7.4 (too classic, too old?) , I can't seem to be able to get any OT to start. In services, MySQL is running. When i try to install mysql from mysql_installservice.bat, i get the following message:

Code:
The system cannot find the file specified.
Install/Remove of the Service Denied!

Try to stary the MySQL deamon as service...
The service name is invalid.

I have also seen it saying that the service can't be installed (no reason given), although I could still see mysql service running in task manager.

The other weird problem is that I can't get to the character's list on tibia 10.77. When i attempt to log in on tibia 8.6, it says that only 10.77 protocol is allowed! How come I can't get any response from 10.77 client?

I think I have encountered too many problems at once. I'd love to be able to run an OT on my pc.

Tbh, I'd go with this server if you want the client to be 8.6. https://otland.net/threads/8-60-the-forgotten-server-1-2.236489/ And I should use Uniserver as most of the tutorials on here use Uniserver instead of xampp.

If you don't understand something just ask.

So, I should start over with the link I told you.
I am trying Uniserver now and I get exactly the same problem:

Code:
[08/06/2016 20:15:34] Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) (2003)

I am trying Uniserver now and I get exactly the same problem:

Code:
[08/06/2016 20:15:34] Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) (2003)
https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=MySql+10061

Make sure you've granted all privileges on the user to the database;

43b4bd8de3707856502036b4253b4739.png

and make sure your MySql connection details are right in config.lua and config.php.
The issues the op is having has little to do with the server emulator and have a lot to do with the operating system.
How does this has to do with his Operating system? :confused:

bump;

i cant see mysql in services, i tried to install it again manually but i received
Code:
access denied for user 'odbc'@'localhost' (using password no)

Back